Noob's new style.

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Noob's new style.

Postby ANooB » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:21 am

NeerHeer Wrote:ohkay, I checked out the krystal sprite thing. looks like I was right, some quick google-fu and a bunch of sprite pages showed up. A lot of them were side-scrolling, but some were overhead view.

I also found a program called tile studio, http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/, which looks like it could be useful. Do you have any ideas for a basic town layout, or necessary buildings, like inn/shops/tavern?

Great find, brah. As for town layout, I was hoping to kinda start studying Nintendo Geography. That way we can portray the Mushroom Kigdom, Hyrule, and all those other places in RPG format, lolz. So I guess we can start focusing on one that you have more knowledge with. So list ur fave Nintendo Games and we'll start laying out some rough draft maps. Lemme see the sprites, perhaps we can agree on a style. If we find a good one, I wouldn't mind editing the original and creating other characters.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby NeerHeer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:17 pm

alright

actually, we could probably use a premade tileset from something like 4 swords in order to create a map in keeping with the nintendo style. if we do that, we should look for two head high krystal sprites so the doors and such won't look huge/tiny...
Does bunny need to slap a bitch?!

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby Mechanios » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:19 pm

One thing I found immensely useful for mapping is a program called Byond. I've been using it for years so I've made a few full fledged RPGs and such on it. You practically build everything yourself through it easy to learn language called DM. If anyone's interested I can show them around it a bit. It's got basic tile mapping and isometric mapping. As well as it's own icon editor that can set pretty much almost every pixel size. I really can't type enough about how nice Byond is, so I'ma just leave it to the PMs.
Mechanios

Postby ANooB » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Mechanios Wrote:One thing I found immensely useful for mapping is a program called Byond. I've been using it for years so I've made a few full fledged RPGs and such on it. You practically build everything yourself through it easy to learn language called DM. If anyone's interested I can show them around it a bit. It's got basic tile mapping and isometric mapping. As well as it's own icon editor that can set pretty much almost every pixel size. I really can't type enough about how nice Byond is, so I'ma just leave it to the PMs.

Send it my way, foo. I'm very interested. What about you, NeerHeer? Wanna give it a go?

ANooB

Postby ANooB » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:24 am

Evening, homeboiz. i just got done doing a fuck demo i've been dying to do. Without further adieu, I give you KFOXFUCK!!:
Oh yeah, don't have a restart control. Just right click and select rewind. NVM. U only get one watch, then you're screwed, i just found out. I'll set up a patched version, laterz. Just wanna give you an idea of what it'll look like.

http://www.opendrive.com/files/7054542_ ... ckdemo.swf

ANooB

Postby Mr.Elefant » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:04 pm

I can honestly say I've seen worse.
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 pm

You've seen better as well? Please, give criticism.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby NeerHeer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:42 am

I'll try out the tile thing first, just in case it's better at some things than others.

just so you know I'm still going to try and help, just been a wee bit busy getting ready for classes starting up.

Edit one:
just took a quick look at the animation. The main thing I saw was how dolllike she seemed. Needs an expression, and some extra movements that aren't just her being moved by the player

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby ANooB » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:54 am

NeerHeer Wrote:I'll try out the tile thing first, just in case it's better at some things than others.

just so you know I'm still going to try and help, just been a wee bit busy getting ready for classes starting up.

Edit one:
just took a quick look at the animation. The main thing I saw was how dolllike she seemed. Needs an expression, and some extra movements that aren't just her being moved by the player

Lolz, aight foo. No probs. Don't plan on moving very far too fast, as this is my hobby. But yeah, send me some demos of your tiles, soon. I can set up an opendrive account for you so we can share artwork and shit.

Mr.Elefant Wrote:I can honestly say I've seen worse.

FUCK YOU, SON. We're taking this one to the streets. Jk, jk. I appreciate your compliment. It'd suck being the worst animator out there, seeing as how this is like my first.

DemonFiren Wrote:You've seen better as well? Please, give criticism.

U got my back, brah. I appreciate that. It'll pay off, soon. I'm a man of my word.

ANooB

Postby toddymon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:04 pm

all in all. she is too jagged, in just about every way. the movements just seem unnatural to me. and im still trying to figure out what her vagina is trying to do because right now it looks like it has more sentience then krystal right now.
toddymon

Postby ANooB » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Lolz. What is sentience? I still haven't made facial expressions if that's what u're getting at. My main focus for the day was cock and vagina, lolz. So what you think of those? Anyways, it pretty much got bad reviews, so I'll shitcan the operation. I may focus on tiling and shit. But the idea for making a slave trainer is one i'd like to see come to fruition. If anyone knows how to make one, plz do. I really wanna tame some nintensluts!!

ANooB

Postby Eggplants » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 am

:lol: hah nice attitude mate. but if the animation was mainly about the dick and vagina then I'm loving what I'm seeing, it's just a little rare to actually see smooth penetrations so kudos on that.
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby ANooB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:09 am

Eggplants Wrote::lol: hah nice attitude mate. but if the animation was mainly about the dick and vagina then I'm loving what I'm seeing, it's just a little rare to actually see smooth penetrations so kudos on that.

thx, dude. That's the kinda stuff I like to hear. Well i've seen ur work on Hentai foundry and am very fond of it. I was wondering if it would be better to make animated gifs or really big swf files. Right now, I'm using really big swf files which is why it took a li'l longer to load.

ANooB

Postby ANooB » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 am

I updated the Krystal flash document. Reason being in working with it, I noticed the outlines acted as independent shapes, so they've been eliminated.I also set it up with pivots and made important symbols. Just check your library, it's self-explanitory, from there. If shading's your thing, feel free to shade it. I, for one, suck at shading, but will upload a completely shaded one in the next few days. As for side profile, it's been set up and just needs a bit o' tweaking. But I'm gonna start posting updates as edits to the initial post, as I don't want the thread to get too intimidating for newbies that want in, lol.

https://www.opendrive.com/files?7109723_FJ3PI

ANooB

Postby NeerHeer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 am

couldn't open the extracted FLA file for some reason, but I din' exatcly exhaust all my options. Just so you know I'm working on some tiles for a top-down pixel game, going to try to get a couple more done then I will upload them. So far I have 2 grass patterns and a tree. Think I might try stone tiles and dirt/gravel for paths. Right now I can only make tiles/small one square overlays, but I should be able to do bigger stuff soon, just have to figure out how. Might as well start with basics anyway though.

NeerHeer

Postby ANooB » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm

NeerHeer Wrote:couldn't open the extracted FLA file for some reason, but I din' exatcly exhaust all my options. Just so you know I'm working on some tiles for a top-down pixel game, going to try to get a couple more done then I will upload them. So far I have 2 grass patterns and a tree. Think I might try stone tiles and dirt/gravel for paths. Right now I can only make tiles/small one square overlays, but I should be able to do bigger stuff soon, just have to figure out how. Might as well start with basics anyway though.

Hmm... Excellent. I am eager to see these tiles. If you have any questions regarding style, or any direction as to what to draw, feel free to ask. 'Til then, I'll be trying to make a perfect vector character, so I can shrink it down and convert it to tile.

ANooB

Postby NeerHeer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm

aghdagadhg it never becomes PERFECT! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(

oh right I have to upload those tiles before I can show you...it's too early for this :(

NeerHeer

Postby NeerHeer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:07 am

lookie what I did:

purple is transparent. there might be a small problem with one of the grass images, it has a transparent streak at the bottom. I'm thinking of working on some props next, although I may do more floors. I'm feeling some debris overlays might be in order, although I'm not quite skilled enough for that yet

NeerHeer

Postby ANooB » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:33 am

Looking good, brah. Just keep practicing. You'll learn some new techniques and build up some skillz, homes. Just keep em comin' and I'll give some constructive criticisms. As fo' dese, I likez da second tile, it's real zelda-y; but the top part of each grass blade needs to be pointier. The first tile can be improved upon. I can tell right now it would look real weird tiling it, because the sides don't mesh well if stacked together. There's this badass filter in gimp calledm "make seamless," that does just that for you. If you don't mind me embellishing your works, I'd like to add a li'l to them. The tree's headed in the right direction, only your dark green is where your light green should be and try taking that leafy green mass and copy pasting a few times; cuz it's a li'l bald. Other than that, I like ur spirit, and your willingness to contribute. Keep up the good work, babez.

ANooB

Previous

Return to Creative Corner