Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.05B (9/6/1

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:26 am

Done and done. I've actually been wanting to do this myself. I'm going to head to bed now, but I might even start writing the scene tomorrow, while inspiration is relatively fresh. I'm not going to save it for the end, but I think I will make it Sairyn's first opportunity for any kind of consensual hetero sex, since it makes sense that way.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:35 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Done and done. I've actually been wanting to do this myself. I'm going to head to bed now, but I might even start writing the scene tomorrow, while inspiration is relatively fresh. I'm not going to save it for the end, but I think I will make it Sairyn's first opportunity for any kind of consensual hetero sex, since it makes sense that way.

I'll bite.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby tadpole92 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:56 am

Wonderful job on the game so far, man; it's very addicting and fun! Anyways I thought I might add this as it popped into my head so here it goes: I thought it would be cool sometime during the course of the game to shift a characters personality in some way. An example would be Cesca and through the course of the game, like a consensual M/F relationship, you would be able to turn her away from her androphobia, or with Asella and making her more of a people person instead of "all poor people and those beneath me are fodder and I don't like them, argh!"? I just had to get that off my chest, and I think it would be neat if there is a chance that it could be implemented. Anyways, keep up the good work!
tadpole92
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:25 pm

No, it's a very good idea and I appreciate the suggestion--character development is important too. At this relatively early stage in the game, one could say that the characters have relatively defined personalities, only generally sharing quotes when I'm freaking tired and feel that they may say the same thing, but as development continues I think it's fair to say that they should have some opportunities for growth outside of the gradual mindbreak associated with low Purity.

Since I've initially planned for Asella and Sairyn to also have options at a lesbian relationship (with respective NPC's, not each other... unless I get a swarm of Sairyn x Asella pairing requests or vice versa), I feel it only fair to be able to have Cesca fall in love with a guy as well, if cards are played right and everything falls into place.

EDIT:
As far as the popularity polls go, wow, I never expected Asella to overtake Irine, Sairyn AND Cesca! Wowza.
In terms of what fetishes people want to see, it appears that monster sex / tentacles / bestiality is in the lead by a large margin with 25 votes, with gangbang and F/F tied for 2nd at 17. Futanari rounds out 4th. Unfortunately I must say that no monster sex will be added in 0.06 (though I'll definitely have to add it the patch after, obviously), which will have a little bit of both gangbang and F/F, depending on how you play the game--the former if your Purity is low and you like to lose, and the latter if you play the game... 'effectively', I guess.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby keys1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:56 pm

I really liked your Game so far. I dont know but maybe Violated Heroine inspired you,
my Question is will you set up Party Members in Despair Labyrinth? Feel free to answer
or not if you want to keep a few things Secret till they actually come out i can understand
that. Would be pretty nice if you need more help for the Game, always wanted to develope
something on Rmvx.
keys1
Newly Registered

Postby alooulla » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Asella will have options at a hetero relationship as well as this lesbian one you mention as well, wont she? : )
alooulla

Postby Raio10 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm just wondering are we only going to be able to play as girls in this game or will there be a least one guy in future updates, also how far can you actually go in this version at the moment?
Raio10

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:46 pm

keys:
Yes, I am planning to set up Party members eventually--most likely you will start partying with NPC's before you can do so with other PC's, however. What I'm trying to work out right now is the bugs or kinks involved in triggering H-scenes while another person is in your party--do they get knocked out, do they join in, or get raped too, or what? Because there is NO WAY I'm going to make a 3DCG scene for every combination of two characters and so on for every HCG that's already been done here, seriously. Lol. Just too much work for not enough reward. So once I figure out what to do with the H-scenes (which will likely involve just prioritizing the main character and excluding anyone else for now), then you can start partying with others.

alooulla:
Let's just say that every character will have a chance to be in a hetero relationship as well as a lesbian relationship; it's just that some characters will have more 'opportunities' than others. For example, all characters will be able to start a relationship with one of two male NPC's and one of two female NPC's, introduced one by one along the way (hint: you've already seen one of the males), BUT, certain ones like Cesca, Asella and Sairyn will be able to have uhm... additional girls on the side who are specific to their playthrough due to the character's personal history with said NPC. I feel that Emilia as a character tends to be closer to hetero by nature, so she'll possibly have another male option, and same with Sairyn who already has a fiance.

Raio10:
There are plenty of RPGVX games that allow you to play as a guy, which is why I chose female leads for this one. You will probably be able to play as a guy after the game is complete, which is in its own way the 'Unlocked CG Mode' where you can just basically walk around and fight / screw the girls to your liking. However, that's a long way down. I can't justify implementing a male character at this stage in the game, because what happens if you lose? Just plain old Game Over? Get anally reamed by a plant or gay bandit? Not to mention there really aren't very many impressive or attractive male mods for 3DCG at this moment in time, so yeah...

However, if you're simply looking to play a scene from the viewpoint of the 'giver' and not the 'receiver', there are a good amount of futanari / dickgirl mods for 3DCG, so it wouldn't be all that hard to implement, say, a potion that causes your character to be temporarily futa for sex with a given NPC (or even PC)...

In 0.05, the demo ends once you go past the room where Wolfram is located. Playthrough times may vary.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Futa-pot sounds great. I hope it's futa without balls, myself, but tastes on that do tend to vary. It just pushes it slightly far towards shemale for my tastes if they have 'em.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:27 pm

No, no balls. Haven't seen mods with balls either, and personally, I don't particularly care to.
I say, if you're gonna go shemale, go super cute crossdressing shota instead and have Rhiannon rape him. GAHAHA
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm

So hear is what i would do for knocking out complete party.

during the scene you add a note basically saying you hear the females in your group having sex but are out of sights and the males are doing what ever males do. It's not like i'm male or something.

Basically you say if there is female in party you add a note
if there is male and female in party add note for Female and male
If there is male in part add note for male.

Makes sense? Your looking for something thats called If or if statements. They are basically statements that fire off something if the variables match.
BlueLight

Postby ShadowFax » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Far be it from me to grovel.... (Though I basically am groveling xD ) I will no commence in a "me to" display of pathetascism

I noticed that in Emile's H-scene (losing to the prison guard) he proceeds to tell her that she and her people "TOOK AWR JAWBS!" which I'm saying is a total South park Reference from the episode "They took our jobs" as well as getting a nod in the "W.T.F." Episode xD.

Can I haz scene xDxD
ShadowFax

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:01 pm

I know how to do the conditions, it's more an issue with the page setup in RPGVX... But yes, good idea, I think it would be good to offer a relatively simplified expression so as to save unnecessary work or hassle.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:42 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:I know how to do the conditions, it's more an issue with the page setup in RPGVX... But yes, good idea, I think it would be good to offer a relatively simplified expression so as to save unnecessary work or hassle.

Simpler is better in more cases.
BlueLight

Postby mando » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Maybe I can help you out with Page setup
Whenever you have a party member join, a variable "Number of Party Members" goes up by 1
Then when you have the scene take place there are two different pages

Page 1 has no conditions and the scene that shows is the one where it's just the main character with party members
Ex of scene: "You get raped"

Page 2 has the condition "Number of Party Members" is greater than or equal to 1, and the scene that plays it the one where you have only one companion
Ex of scene: "You get raped, on your right you can hear your companion voice, they sound in agony"

Page 3 has the condition "Number of Party Members" is greather than or equal to 2, and the scene that plays is the one where you have 2 or more companions
Ex of scene: "You get raped, all around you, you can hear your companion's voices in mixes of agony and pleasure"
mando

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Wasn't it NOT

That you somehow can't think of a generic "Group party rape" scene,

but rather that

You can't figure out a convenient way to have the individual scenes play out one after the other, or find some other solution that lets the individuality of the participants come out without having to do a ludicrous amount of work like "Specific cg and text for each and every possible combination of characters in the game"?

Not that I can think of a solution, since I know nothing about coding, but isn't the advice offered a cure for the former situation and not for the latter?
Lucky777

Postby mando » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:16 pm

I was just going off what Bluelight had said, where the scene pertains to the main character. So the "you getting raped" part is different for each character but the note about what's happening to your companions changes depending on how many you have. The only thing that's different is that instead of the notes being different for males and females, its different depending on how many party members you have. But something similar can be achieved if you did want to do it specifically like Bluelight said.
mando

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:31 am

Alright, well, to clarify...
Here's what I DON'T want to do:
-Make a specific image for each possible character pairing; i.e. one of Emilia and Rhiannon on the same image, then one of Emilia and Irine, then one of Emilia and Cesca, then one of Emilia and Thyme... no, just no. Perhaps what is possible though is have two images to 'fit together' like a puzzle, which is pretty easy in VX, but again, still some work to be done.
-Write a specific scene for each possible character pairing; again, far too much work.

I don't mean to sound lazy but if you actually see how much writing is in this game as is, you'd realize how much time I spend simply trying to differentiate quotes with every single branch.

Now,
The way I have it set up is that each event has a separate page with a condition that says "Emilia / Rhiannon / Etc." in party, so each character's H-scene is on one page. I tried to make it so that if someone was in your party, then it would trigger both, but that didn't work; it actually took the girl who was on the latest page most of the time. So, it appears that the later pages TEND to hold priority when all conditions are matched, though I haven't tested this to be 100%.

However, mando's suggestion about setting the number of party members as a variable, and building off of that as a condition (to be put on additional pages and see if they take precedence over the initial ones), is something I feel that is testworthy, and I will test that tonight to see if it works the way I want it to.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SamusRaper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:40 am

On update 0.05B you said there was 5 new scenes. I found Slime, Plant, Ogre and Pirate gang. what's the last one? I keep thinking it's something to do with the bunny ears chick in the bar, but i can't get it. Also Rhiannon best char hand down.
SamusRaper

Postby mando » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 am

The way the system works with pages is it goes to the last page, if conditions are met it uses that page. If not it goes to the next to last page, sees if conditions are met and uses that if so. So on and so forth.
mando

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner