Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm

If I get at Wolfram I'mma hang him with his guts.

We probably won't get to, though.

Ah well.
Lucky777

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm

I always figured the ability to raise purity via sex was also just for convenience. It meant you could actually unlock most scenes in one run, without having to start over from scratch because you had to lower your Purity so much for such and such scene. Then again, I don't think any scenes actually require a high purity.
krisslanza

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:55 pm

The SHOWER thing is probably just for convenience, but I think the SEX thing is perfectly canon and co-incides with Will of Kita.
Ye can ask him, since after all, I ain't the guy.
Pretty sure that's how it stood in the past, however.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby UnsungHero » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:55 pm

krisslanza Wrote:I always figured the ability to raise purity via sex was also just for convenience. It meant you could actually unlock most scenes in one run, without having to start over from scratch because you had to lower your Purity so much for such and such scene. Then again, I don't think any scenes actually require a high purity.

Renford is literally the only one that requires your puirty to be above 65 to unlock.

Though High purity supposely lets you romance Gwyn faster... then again even if you reject Gwyn's makeout section...Saving her and bathing with her will easily get you relation up to the Gwyn thanks you with sex scene. -though that might be because the option of failing to save Gywn doesn't work yet XD-

If i had to guess High purity will effect your party members relationship with you while low purity will be more for specific points of interest but that's just a guess.
UnsungHero

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 pm

High purity is pretty much for all romantic/sappy shit encounters, but there aren't many yet, and may never be.
It's also of course for the high purity variants of the rape scenes, but since unlocking one variant unlocks the other, there's no need to raise purity for that.
Good old CG mode.
Lucky777

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Hmmm, interesting point with relationships. I suppose that's possible, although at least currently, I don't think it's possible to save Gwyn and not be just a step away from being able to have sex with her. Though, understandably, saving her from a life of forced prostitution would make her feel pretty indebted towards you.

I have to wonder how many party members you can actually get, I mean there's only so many that fit into the battle system after all.
krisslanza

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

When it comes to the number of potential party members, I fear my echoes of old, possibly outdated secondhand knowledge have run out.

I vaguely, faintly remember mention of them being more temporary than permanent, but that's about it.

Well, I'm also pretty certain that all will be optional, and none will even involve a forced quest like Gwyn did.

Took way too much beating about the bush before I could leave her in the Chambers, but then again, that just made the scenes that much more fun.

Of course, we probably just won't get anymore party members (or content) for quite a while (or ever), after this update, given the demands of IRL and shit, but who knowssssss

Keep hope alive, and all that.

Best English rpg-maker H-game and etc and etc.
Lucky777

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm

I suppose temporary party members would be better on KITA's sanity, as otherwise, every permanent party member would require him to have to tweak every possible H-scene she could be involved in at some point. I mean, even with just Gwyn, that would require a LOT of scenes to be minorly tweaked to at least acknowledge Gwyn is present (even if the scene's don't really mention her much).
krisslanza

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Hahahaha

Yeah.

I think the sanity-preserving solution he was thinking of for the time being, (Apart from not at all prioritising the scene-tweaks to begin with), was essentially just to have all scenes eventually tweaked to say "ALSO YOUR PARTY MEMBER IS BEATEN AND BOINKED" when required.
With more eloquence, as is characteristic of the game, of course, but dat was the basic solution. SLIGHTLY DISAPPOINTING, PERHAPS, BUT EFFICIENT.
Lucky777

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Yeah that's probably the easiest solution, at the moment, is just a slight change in text to mention the other's but probably not show them on screen. He is after all, just one person! Can't expect him to work miracles... yet.

I suppose some of the difficulty in scene-tweaking would also come into a sort of "But which scenes?" because, in theory, a player could purposely miss one-shot situations, such as the sailors, until they say, recruit Gwyn, then go and trigger it...
krisslanza

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Mebbe just tweak them all and then insert a toggle that only shows the extra text if you have an extra party member at the time, oneshot scene or not.

Once you get into questions of the capabilities of RPG maker and its code, you get out of my depths, but I doubt THAT in particular would be impossible.

Seems simple, even, though I must once again disclaim any knowledge whatsoever of the program.
Lucky777

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm not sure if adding in the scenes is difficult exactly, but just that it increases the workload as he has to make a new CG to fit the new content, and the writing to go with it. Then again, I don't know much of RPG... XP, I think.
krisslanza

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 pm

VX, pretty certain.
Lucky777

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:VX, pretty certain.

I think the icon for VX is a Dragon, DLaby has that unicorn/knight piece which I believe is XP.
krisslanza

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Page one, post one, old fellow.
Lucky777

Postby UnsungHero » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah the triggers them selves aren't hard it's the amount of work going into it art and writing wise. IE-Gwyn kind just sits there and let's Asella and Rhiannon grudge boink each other-

Random encounters would be the major source of irritation cause Boss fights or specific events can be made to work with specific characters

IE you can't proceed to the Arcane division boss without Gwyn.

an easy way to lighten the load would be to have points where you can no longer backtrack thus setting the scene up for possible variations

Meaning the Random encounters would only require a Gwyn variation and not a "and then the Gargoyle went to X and then X and then you lost conscieness!"

Example once you finally escape the rouge Division section of the Labyrinth and have saved Gywn a fight with the Arcane Division sub commander causes the way back to be blocked

Therefore the are after that point can have the encounters desgined to take into account you have a party member. but then again if party members are temporary, maybe brief cut aways is the only shortcut and you make up for it with Character spefic stuff
UnsungHero

Postby Darthan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm

krisslanza Wrote:I think the icon for VX is a Dragon, DLaby has that unicorn/knight piece which I believe is XP.

This is made with VX. The default icon, it can be changed in all of them, in XP is a sun, VX is the unicorn/knight piece, VX Ace is a dragon.
Darthan

Postby krisslanza » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Darthan Wrote:
krisslanza Wrote:I think the icon for VX is a Dragon, DLaby has that unicorn/knight piece which I believe is XP.

This is made with VX. The default icon, it can be changed in all of them, in XP is a sun, VX is the unicorn/knight piece, VX Ace is a dragon.

After posting I realized VX Ace was what I was thinking of. I forgot they had VX AND VX Ace now. My bad.

@Unsung:
That makes some sense. At least, if some floor had a ton of potential/temporary party members, KITA doesn't need to worry about someone thinking "What happens if I bring them all back to the Rogue level and..."
krisslanza

Postby UnsungHero » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:46 am

I'd like to ask KiTa what the General level outcome is in the Projected finish product.

Are we talking like at the end of the game your chars should in general be lv 60 or higher for the last boss. Maybe a low 30? I can't see 90 unless you plan to add alot of challenge and hidden content.

Granted the movesets start to cover alot of bases once you hit 15.

On additional party members, You'll need a setup that can cover your starting characters weaknesses

IE Emilia and Gywn have great pure Melee damage output, but are reliant on healing items and lack serious magic offense etc.

Also... Using the Search and no one's mentioned it.-Or i'm inputting it wrong-

Legend of Zelda cartoon reference in Lanie's First Chamber Scene

One of the options -telling Irving to piss the hell off- leds to this come pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXTWxWB1n4U

Now Irving has Link's voice in my head... damn it
UnsungHero

Postby gravifan89 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Okay, I finally found this page! I got this game from a friend, but it was incomplete. I get past this bar or lounge-type area, then it says that's all. Any updates?
gravifan89

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner