Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby StarkePT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 am

Darthan Wrote:Darthan-
I PM'd ya. When playing the new patch, I highly recommend Lanie's fetch quest and Thyme's flashback. Consult the Despair Labyrinth Wiki for whatever help you might need.

I have two saves for every character, one for high purity and one for low purity so I will get to both of them. I am a bit of a completionest, I always try to do everything often times getting way over my head with stuff to do.

Using the reference of FFVII someone made earlier I had every materia, master materias of each kind for my entire party everyone's ultimate weapons, everyone's final limit break, and even took the time to get Aeries to learn her final limit break Great Gospel before she left. All of this was done without cheating. So yea, bit of a completionest.

Exactly, now add with Aeris at level 100 by temple of ancients and you get an idea of why I think crying about the Lanie quest is kind of well that, crying.

Want to know what's hard? Finishing Battletoads.

@KITAmaru - Let me know when you wanna do the livestream.
StarkePT

Postby SpectralTime » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:20 pm

...So... making these games more accessible to the sorts of people who DON'T feel like those sorts of things are fun is... wrong?
SpectralTime

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:26 pm

What are you on about, Speccy?

EDIT: Oh, right, the Lanie-quest thing, I forgot.

Yeah, the game in general doesn't have to be obtuse, and it really doesn't have to be like maxing out a character in FF VII for damned sure.

No worries though.

Kita's with you on that.
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 pm

SpectralTime Wrote:...So... making these games more accessible to the sorts of people who DON'T feel like those sorts of things are fun is... wrong?

Not wrong, just unnecessary and if you think about it, while KITA is "fixing" that, he's not working on other stuff.
StarkePT

Postby SpectralTime » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:56 pm

...You mean, while he's removing an event trigger and adjusting four lines of code? God, what a waste of time...
SpectralTime

Postby StarkePT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:15 pm

SpectralTime Wrote:...You mean, while he's removing an event trigger and adjusting four lines of code? God, what a waste of time...

lol... Four lines of code..
StarkePT

Postby WhiteWolf » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 pm

When I try to run this it says RGSS202E.dll not found. I installed the RTP already, I went and downloaded the file myself and put it in the game folder, as well as the system 32 folder and it still doesn't work. Any help?
WhiteWolf

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Well, moving past that... I think it's a pretty subjective thing. I can see where both of you are coming from, but ultimately, I'll probably at least make an auto-teleport back after finding each book. I probably shouldn't make things -too- difficult seeing that I'm sure some people play this game with one hand, or something. Anyhoo!
So I got halfway done with adding emotes, then got fed up for a little while and started writing new H-scenes instead. Everybody loves new H-scenes, right?!
I'll get back to those portrait expressions when I'm feeling more in the mood for monotonous stuff as opposed to creative.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Yeah, More H scenes is More Better.
Don't let borin' busywork hold ya down.
(It's totally a noticeable thing, though, so when you do eventually finish the expressions up, the effort will have been worth your time.)
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:01 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Well, moving past that... I think it's a pretty subjective thing. I can see where both of you are coming from, but ultimately, I'll probably at least make an auto-teleport back after finding each book. I probably shouldn't make things -too- difficult seeing that I'm sure some people play this game with one hand, or something. Anyhoo!
So I got halfway done with adding emotes, then got fed up for a little while and started writing new H-scenes instead. Everybody loves new H-scenes, right?!
I'll get back to those portrait expressions when I'm feeling more in the mood for monotonous stuff as opposed to creative.

Yes and lol yes. I'm sure there are some part of the game's audience who is just into FAP material, the easier the best!

Lucky777 Wrote:Yeah, More H scenes is More Better.
Don't let borin' busywork hold ya down.
(It's totally a noticeable thing, though, so when you do eventually finish the expressions up, the effort will have been worth your time.)

And true story.
StarkePT

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 am

WhiteWolf-
Well, you don't actually have to put the RTP file anywhere, you should just unzip it with any decompressor program, then double click the .exe file that's inside and it should install automatically. Make sure it's the VX RTP and not the VX Ace RTP, 'cause that won't work. Here's the link, just in case:
http://dl.degica.com/trial/enterbrain/v ... tp102e.zip
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby killzone1012 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 am

wonder if theres a new update in the works now??
killzone1012

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 am

killzone1012 Wrote:wonder if theres a new update in the works now??

KITAmaru Wrote: Anyhoo! So I got halfway done with adding emotes, then got fed up for a little while and started writing new H-scenes instead.

Right now I'm not gonna be "that guy" who gets all snarky and shit, mang.

But I wonder if you'd consider reading at least the page you're on before asking questions.
Lucky777

Postby Kyo » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 am

If you check on page 87 I believe the creator talks about planned updates and even has a few screenshots (though they're hidden so you have to click them "on").
Don't quote me. I'll edit a message a few dozen times before I correctly word what I want to say, sometimes starting over completely. I don't like the old versions staring me in the face >__>
Kyo

Postby Kyo » Wed May 02, 2012 3:33 am

Anyone having trouble with the RPGmaker thing, I thought I might point out that when you go to the page to download the runtime package it actually starts with the WRONG one selected. I might just be retarded with computers, but the first time I tried to play it caused me some frustration.

Also RPGmaker doesn't work on MAC, so you're out of luck there unless you know one of the complicated workarounds.
Don't quote me. I'll edit a message a few dozen times before I correctly word what I want to say, sometimes starting over completely. I don't like the old versions staring me in the face >__>
Kyo

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:

KITAmaru Wrote: Anyhoo! So I got halfway done with adding emotes, then got fed up for a little while and started writing new H-scenes instead.

Right now I'm not gonna be "that guy" who gets all snarky and shit, mang.

But I wonder if you'd consider reading at least the page you're on before asking questions.

Sometimes, you just gotta be the guy xD

Anyway gotta message KITAmaru about the livestream so I can give you guys a date.

EDIT: Just checked this guy's profile in Dlaby wiki, just hilarious http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/User:InsaneBrain
StarkePT

Postby JackalMask » Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Starke, I like how your DLaby banner looks as though Rhiannon is giving Asella the stare down, did you plan that?
JackalMask

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 02, 2012 7:36 pm

JackalMask Wrote:Starke, I like how your DLaby banner looks as though Rhiannon is giving Asella the stare down, did you plan that?

Funny that you mentioned it my friend, first of all, feel free to use it yourself if you want.

Secondly, yes haha, there was a purpose on the positioning of every character, Thyme is next to Irine for obvious reasons, so is the stare down between Asella and Rhiannon. To the right are the "infants" Lanie and Cesca, to the left are the ones who are here on a "deep quest", Emilia for the kingdom, and Sairyn for her husband, although the later 4 have nothing that relates them to eachother, just made some "sense" to me, specially Cesca being at the center because her approach is frontal.

Nice eye.
StarkePT

Postby SpectralTime » Wed May 02, 2012 8:26 pm

I really hope so. I realized that my favorite character has a 33% chance of being paired with one I could care less about and a 33% chance of being paired with one I actively dislike, and... well, that was an unpleasant realization, is all.

Oh, Sai...
SpectralTime

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 02, 2012 9:41 pm

SpectralTime Wrote:I really hope so. I realized that my favorite character has a 33% chance of being paired with one I could care less about and a 33% chance of being paired with one I actively dislike, and... well, that was an unpleasant realization, is all.

Oh, Sai...

Nice to see some other Sairyn fans out there to be honest, when I started, Rhiannon and Thyme due to their strong personalities were my favorites, then they fell from grace and Irine became my favorite but her personality so far (and take it to heart when I say so far) is way too passive for me, that's when Sairyn came in to take the number one spot in my heart.

Not a big fan of Emilia, Cesca or Lanie. Asella however, is quite interesting.

Lanie was at some point one of/my favorite(s), however her unique scene while I don't mind doing fetch quests (I don't like it, I just don't mind it like explained above) and some other scenes revealed how childish and "over-passionate" (just made the word up) she is and that is kind of a throw off for me.

Keep in mind tho, such characters ARE necessary since they have such distinct personalities and while they don't appeal to me, they DO appeal to other people and that's why everyone loves this game. Not saying they're bad, just not my type, like Megan Fox, I can't say she's not hot, just not my type, my type would be Alyson Hannigan 4/5 years ago.
StarkePT

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner