Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby SpectralTime » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:44 pm

...Ya know what? I'm not sure. On the one hand, I'm normally pretty cool with spoilers. On the other, I'm genuinely interested in seeing if the Tzero's in charge of the Syndicate and whatnot, and... well, I guess I AM sorta-kinda worried about being spoiled.

I AM pretty sure it has something to do with Tzero though. I mean, he DOES seem to be the man in charge, if the fact that his daemonic henchmen are running around is any indication.

But, no, you HAVEN'T actually spoiled me with a complete summary yet, though Lanie's quest does a pretty good job of giving me an idea.

...I've made up my mind. Go ahead and spoil me up. In PM format.
SpectralTime

Postby phoenyxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:29 am

i kinda agre with you starke, fantasy is fantasy people we know may dot agree but, hey no big dela at least on my vision, and more i have to take a lot of care with what i see
in the game i have a older sister that truly is a real damn lesbian and i was her best man at her her wedding with her girl, man that teach a lot of things on the occasion, our mother almost died when she find out i can remember her crying begging all gods and whatever to not be truth about the wedding, but love is love my sister an lesbian have to live with that everyday and i still love her and my new sister in law against all the odds, mother still not even speak to my sister imagine that!, backing to game the game so far is good the it is the only i really want to see is how history goes kita you can bet on thati have good hopes on the history content and admire your work, i dunno if agree with that of irine a devil daughter our whatsoever i bet shes just a nympho who became a nun, but who knows whatkita will bring to us i kinda would love some spoilers before the next gme version but i can w8.

in my wildest dreams i would thinkshe ended up been very friendly with thyme or whatever.
phoenyxz

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Have a new male mod too, though it's in a hardsave so it's singles only. I'd like to have the actual mod of it at some point, though...
Attachments
5mLHe.png
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Sweet.
Lucky777

Postby sdibolcrif » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:14 am

I'm curious, KITA - any fetishes you intend to 100% exclude?
sdibolcrif

Postby StarkePT » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:35 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Have a new male mod too, though it's in a hardsave so it's singles only. I'd like to have the actual mod of it at some point, though...

Looks really good!
StarkePT

Postby DragonRB » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:49 pm

sdibolcrif Wrote:I'm curious, KITA - any fetishes you intend to 100% exclude?

He's said that he won't be including anything scat/watersports related, as I recall.
DragonRB

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Also dat Guro.

KITAmaru Wrote:and stuff like scat / extreme guro I won't personally do, due to my personal reluctance to write about it--sorry!

I'm about 90-99% sure we don't have to worry about snuff getting in, either.
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:43 pm

So who's already dying for some more content? xD

Also, how many of you would like to watch a stream of a run on Despair Labyrinth with commentary and ventrilo chat? Maybe we could invite Kita when he has free time and ask him the thought process behind some things!
StarkePT

Postby Zodiark69 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:49 pm

StarkePT Wrote:So who's already dying for some more content? xD

Also, how many of you would like to watch a stream of a run on Despair Labyrinth with commentary and ventrilo chat? Maybe we could invite Kita when he has free time and ask him the thought process behind some things!

This! Freakin' this! That would awesome as hell to do!
Zodiark69

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Holy crap, I didn't realize all the people with less than 10 posts' comments until just now! Might have been recently added or something. I apologize for the delayed response, but better late than never:
LONGPOST AHEAD:

Vid-
Naw, there are two libraries. One is directly east of the Officers' Lounge (that's where you get robbed), and nothing special happens there, although there are a LOT of great books. After you exit the lounge via the north route, then keep going and you'll eventually come across a larger library. You'll encounter Thyme there as Irine, and if you are playing as Thyme, you'll hit her flashback, which I do recommend taking a look at.

phoenyxz-
As I may have mentioned before, each girl in the Primary 8 has been 'paired' with one other girl, for a total of 4 'pairings'. These relationships vary in nature. They can be potentially romantic, hostile, or whatever, based on what you choose, but obviously between Rhiannon and Asella, it's either going to be a harsh rivalry or a close friendship depending on what you do. Romantic sex between the two would take some time to develop, but... eh, it could happen. ;D

Alright, I will definitely make the Lanie quest accessible beforehand, then.

Scar-
Hello and thanks a lot for commenting! LOL, sorry to hear about your Catholic school experiences or whatever.
I gotcha. I understand that locked doors are probably frustrating for a lot of people. Mind you, the RESTRICTED AREA door right before the end actually does have a legit reason though--it's exclusive to Cesca. On the other hand, the one right before the Syndicate Officers' Lounge, where the pickpocket gets you, was only put there because I figured it'd be weird for Orpheus to walk into there, blind with rage over Erika, without pretty much attempting to murder every Syndicate thug in the room. So I made an alternate route through which you can't follow--same with the room right after Enyo and Shuu. I thought to myself, wait. Were they just gonna run into Orpheus, who was in a mindset of killing everything that's affiliated with the Syndicate? That is, unless suspension of disbelief is good enough to where I don't have to do such a thing, but my testers can be... very thorough, something that I at least appreciate.

So far, there are two locked doors in the game that are COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS. Now, I can remedy that situation by having one be a teleporter room, since I haven't made one of those in a while, and the other be unlockable down the road. And I think I will do that for next patch, just to add some degree of 'closure' to the Rogues' Division. I think these are little details that could use some attention to, and I want to reward players for being so patient with all of my locked doors. I must admit, as easy and tempting as it can be to take 'shortcuts' as a developer, as a player I freaking hate it when things are all blatantly 'THIS IS NOT IMPLEMENTED YET', provided it's not a testing version. If it's not implemented yet, then don't freaking put it in there! So I apologize for the locked doors, but rest assured that it will be taken care of within the next patch.

One exception though, is that I can't make an H-scene for every NPC right away, so you'll have to simply bear with me on that one. :P

Here are some plans I have for future H-scenes:
Actually, anyone with a copy to the master game file might realize that there are some CG's in there that don't actually play any part in scenes. Mainly 'cause it's a pain right now to go back and change all of those, but I suppose now would be a better time than any since we want to add closure to the Rogues' Division. Here are the CG's (one for each girl) that I haven't yet included:
-One in the Barracks / sleeping quarters where a bandit gets behind your character and starts fucking her while she sucks the first guy off
-One in the first instance of Game Over where your character is mindbroken with a facial expression similar to that of the Vine-laced Abomination bad end, with a bandit actually inside of her

I apologize for not having more BDSM stuff--to be honest, it is one of my FAVORITE fetishes, but I've been holding out on you guys mainly because there is an ENTIRE Division devoted to BDSM tropes. It is the greatest and also has my favorite Division leader, so you'll just... have to wait and see, as I can't rush things too much because of game context. I realize Lady Illia was quite the teaser though.

As far as the noble thing goes, I even have a small prostitution mechanic that prooobably won't be seen until the Military Division. I can easily do the clown, but I would rather do it when I get a 3DCG mod wacky enough for him, to be honest--perhaps the transparent blue guy won't do a silly character like that justice. It needs to be humiliating as hell! It's funny that you mention these things, since I know the clown, the bunnygirl, and the barracks things have already been addressed at one point or another.

OmegaScales-
Heh, I'd like to think that even just the bandits in DLaby aren't necessarily evil for the sake of being evil, so much as they are down on their luck thanks to the current state of things and simply doing what they do in order to survive. The Syndicate permeates a large portion of Elynsorian society, and it's like if you want to get anywhere without starving to death, then whatever job you take likely will have connections to the Redclaws. I like to portray some evil as situational (think Milgram or Zimbardo experiment). I know some people could handle it, but in general, if robbing some people was what you had to do in order to have a roof over your head, a couple meals a day, and perhaps the occasional satisfying of one's more... worldly needs, would you?

Kuroshu-
Not quite, but a very, very good guess nonetheless. I could PM it to you. You're quite sharp for catching those signals.

Kriegor27-
Glad you liked the lust wine scene.
And yes, thanks! That's my goal is to actually have a playable RPG with a decent story, although smut is still the priority in this case. I appreciate your support.
Yeah, the feeling of surrender and letting the baddie do whatever he wants is a big part of it, hence the whole mindbreak thing--which, I might add, was not originally part of the game, but due to a Purity system that people proposed, it is inevitable. I included the cumdrinking thing due to popular request by someone who asked for it in the DLaby fetish thread, so if there are fetishes I HAVEN'T covered yet, feel free to address them in the appropriate thread.

Mind you, stuff like extra BDSM, prostitution, and tentacle stuff are all saved for their respective divisions, in a way, so that stuff I will have to hold back on until the context calls for it. It's not that I dislike these tropes--I actually love them--but I don't want to get too heavy into BDSM yet when there is an entire Division devoted to it. Same with monsters, although we're pretty much at the door to that one.

Starke-
Heh, well, already finished the writing on the first H-scene in 0.10 with a little help from my primary consultant. Gotta work on... 2 more then the rest is the intro to the opening maps, as well as enemies and the like.

Like, a livestream of a gameplay run? 'Cause I was gonna say... the actual development part reeeally isn't that exciting. But if you just wanna hear shit like 'oh, this guy was originally that, and this scene was done because that,' then sure I suppose.

sdibolcrif-
Fetishes I won't include... well, probably no severe guro on the part of the Primary 8 or any female. If someone dies, you won't be seeing them bloodied up while in the act or something--that's just a big turn-off to me personally and I would find it extremely difficult to write about. Very light ryona I'm actually okay with. Loss of limbs, well, it's in the game, but don't worry; your Primary 8 character will have all of her limbs intact no matter what happens. So you won't see severe violence, not in a sexual aspect anyway. Guys like Xanrud and that gate thug losing their hands, well, ya might see it occasionally. I don't want to say 100% in this case, because some situations actually do call for a degree of violence, but you won't see heads getting chopped off girls or anything like that.

Also, I can't deal with poop / scat. Just... simply not at this stage, and even then, I'm pretty sure most of the gamers will not appreciate it either. So that will not go in, 100%. Sorry to the people who love that kinda thing, but if I try to write about such crap half-heartedly (hah, see what I did there?) you likely won't get a quality scene anyway.

Outside of that, I will slowly try to add more and more different fetishes to the mix.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ReaperCarnage » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 pm

i was wondering if you were going to use the bathroom stalls, the ones with the Bathing scene. the stalls would make a perfect place for gloryholes
ReaperCarnage
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I guess it's settled, we should schedule it (in a way that we give enough time for people to read that such stream is going to be done) and take a go at it, gather people on ventrilo and make it awesome.
StarkePT

Postby Darthan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Damn, stop using my computer for awhile while I send time reading allot and look what happens.

Haven't tried the new release yet as I just finished catching up on the thread but will be doing so shortly.

Kita, I have an idea for something that could be added to the arcane division that could be very interesting to some people but would prefer not to post it here. If you are interested send me a pm and I will respond. I will tell you now the I have put allot of thought into this so there will probably be a nice wall of text.

Well time to go try the new update and see how things go.
Darthan

Postby Kuroshu » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:30 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Kuroshu-
Not quite, but a very, very good guess nonetheless. I could PM it to you. You're quite sharp for catching those signals.

I would be honored if you would and thank you, I play too much games so I know many plot ideas, but not all.
Kuroshu
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:03 pm

For the new guys who haven't gotten a response yet, I recommend scrolling up a bit; I have a pretty long post that might address some of your concerns or respond to whatever comments you might have.

Darthan-
I PM'd ya. When playing the new patch, I highly recommend Lanie's fetch quest and Thyme's flashback. Consult the Despair Labyrinth Wiki for whatever help you might need.

Oh, for those BDSM fans, this is what a room in a certain Division would kinda look like...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SpectralTime » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 pm

...Lanie's expression in the first pic is hilarious. She's like, "Seriously?"

Also, double nuts. If I'd realized just how crap Elysinor is, I've probably altered the thing I PM'd you to account for it.

I suppose the question arises... is Elysinor's economy in the john (hee hee, accidental prostitution joke) because of penetration into society by the mob (also unintentional, believe it or not), or did the mob get all its control BECAUSE the economy was in the john?
SpectralTime

Postby sdibolcrif » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm

That's good to hear - gore/extreme violence and scat are really my only major turnoffs too.

Also, with all the hints at and allusions to pregnancy, I can't help but wonder if you're planning on somehow working in some system for it for the 8?
sdibolcrif

Postby Darthan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 am

Darthan-
I PM'd ya. When playing the new patch, I highly recommend Lanie's fetch quest and Thyme's flashback. Consult the Despair Labyrinth Wiki for whatever help you might need.

I have two saves for every character, one for high purity and one for low purity so I will get to both of them. I am a bit of a completionest, I always try to do everything often times getting way over my head with stuff to do.

Using the reference of FFVII someone made earlier I had every materia, master materias of each kind for my entire party everyone's ultimate weapons, everyone's final limit break, and even took the time to get Aeries to learn her final limit break Great Gospel before she left. All of this was done without cheating. So yea, bit of a completionest.
Darthan

Postby phoenyxz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:34 am

i dare not imagine, what fututre holds but sure you guys still will surprise me a lot, is there any patchcoming up or it will be new version for the arcane division?

and a weapon question does in future play can we get radiantedge or is it only for cesca fornow ? kinda wannatry it with my dear asella and emilia and rhiannon, wanna try new equip conbiantions badly. thnxs by the way.
phoenyxz

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner