Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

Yah, sorry--forgot about that part. No worries, I'll drop you a PM. The first test scene shooould be done by the end of the weekend, so yeah.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby sky-eye » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 am

Actually, I've just remembered something else. If I go into the gallery and repeatedly open the Gwyn scene to view the 5 random scenes, it seems to take longer and longer to go back to the gallery after you close the scene. Maybe half a second longer each time? Probably not important, but if it's a script error (I don't know the first thing about RPG Maker) or something, it wouldn't be good to needlessly propagate it over every other randomized scene in the future, so I thought I'd better mention it.
sky-eye

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:26 am

Hmm, that's odd. It's not a particularly complicated thing either--no scripts required, it's just a small thing of conditional branches. Do some of the scenes have have longer delay than others? I wouldn't be surprised, the way it's set up, but frankly it's done as simply as possible (within VX measures).
I'll take a look into it.

Still working on the first exclusive H-scene at the moment, since it's a bit long.
And don't worry Rakarth, you'll see more of Lumina whether you like it or not--no promises on the delivery date though, since I'd like the timing to be decent to some degree.

Also looking into a script that should speed up text; I have either an entire skippy one or one that ultra-speeds text by holding the 'down' button, both of which I need to test in order to make sure they don't crash the game or anything stupid like that.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby skwerewolf » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Have you considered adding Load option? It's easy, and very useful (especially in this game when you want to go through all outcomes of a battle). Also maybe you could add a menu option "Personal Stats" or something where you can find purity and all those things (instead of the mirror) -like in RapeQuest, if you played it. That's a bit more difficult but looks much better than a handheld mirror.
skwerewolf
Newly Registered

Postby sky-eye » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:48 pm

The rising delay doesn't seem to be dependent on which scene I'm closing. Of course, it's the only single-image scene, so it might not be that that specific gallery entry is problematic, just that it's the only one I'm likely to open 5 times in a row in a matter of seconds. For all I know, they'd all do it, but the rest are longer and don't need to be repeatedly spammed.
sky-eye

Postby sky-eye » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:53 pm

skwerewolf Wrote:Have you considered adding Load option?

EVERY SCENE HAS A LOAD AND IT'S NOT OPTIONAL, GIRL!.

...I apologize.
sky-eye

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

sky-eye Wrote:
skwerewolf Wrote:Have you considered adding Load option?

EVERY SCENE HAS A LOAD AND IT'S NOT OPTIONAL, GIRL!.

...I apologize.

...Winning

On a serious note, though, the "continue" option lets you load your save, so I actually don't know what skwerewolf was talking about.

At any rate, you can use CG mode to see "all the outcomes" of scenes, so you don't need to load saves to do that anymore anyway.
Lucky777

Postby DragonRB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

skwerewolf Wrote:Have you considered adding Load option? It's easy, and very useful (especially in this game when you want to go through all outcomes of a battle). Also maybe you could add a menu option "Personal Stats" or something where you can find purity and all those things (instead of the mirror) -like in RapeQuest, if you played it. That's a bit more difficult but looks much better than a handheld mirror.

Load option? Think you're going to have to explain that a little bit better there. As far as the mirror was concerned, that was a design decision. Putting it all into a stat menu, while not overly difficult, feels a little too clinical IMO, and I think KITAmaru agrees. Plus having it be a usable item opens up the opportunity to write more flavorful descriptions of how the character looks\feels, rather than just reporting that her purity is X. Additionally, I personally take a certain sadistic glee in obscuring game mechanics from the player, and so far KITAmaru has been a nice enough boss to indulge me wherever possible. :D
DragonRB

Postby skwerewolf » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

I personally prefer quick access but to each their own.... and by load option I mean being able to load your saved game without returning to menu
skwerewolf
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

Hmm, a Load option from the menu? Seems easy enough to implement. I actually keep in touch with one of the guys who works on a version of RQ sooo, I'll see if I can't hit him up for the script (though I'm sure if I just Google it, it'll be easy enough to find).

EDIT:
Funny you mentioned that, because at the same time the guy I mentioned sent me the script... Heh.
Alright, it's added and seems to be working well thus far. Same with a text-skip option which superspeeds text by holding 'Down', which is a good way to get to the next set of choices really fast if it's something you've seen before.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Grape_Drink » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:30 am

Hmm, just wondering but would it be possible to add a "combat" mode to the game? (I know you're probably really busy but just putting this out there)

I know that sounds wierd, but what I mean is maybe a small, seperate game mode that has the characters at set levels and lets you fight some (or maybe even most) of the NPCs. While it doesn't seem like it would be very useful for someone who's played the game a lot, I think it would provide a lot to new players who want to get a "feel" for combat through specific characters when deciding who they want to play as (or for those who want to check out the leveling process for a certain character without going through the time.)

I suppose this would be a bit of a spoiler if you told us, but I'm also wonder how you are going to implement the sort of "time limit" to find the princess before something happens to her? I've thought it could be a time limit, or based on how many people you're character has fooled around with, but if you aren't keeping it a mystery I'd be very interested in knowing! heh...
Grape_Drink

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:45 am

'Combat' option... well, you can do that pretty easily in the project file. I never found this game's combat system in particular to be extremely balanced, to be honest--though all characters can hold their own to some extent, testing it is so much more difficult with 8 characters instead of just one (or better yet, a party of 3-4, where even 'sucky' characters can get by from making the good ones do the work, and staying on potion duty). If you want, I can just send you the project file. As far as implementing that in the game... well... I'll probably wait till we iron out some more kinks in the system before getting serious about releasing that kind of mode--and I suppose some extra requests wouldn't hurt either. No offense meant of course, just kind of... weighing it.

What ultimately happens to the Princess will be switch / condition based, not an actual time limit as I'd like people to enjoy the game for the most part without feeling too rushed. If you have a specific time to do something, it'll usually be in plain sight, or the approximate deadline will be given beforehand. I know there will be certain storyline-based conditions that determine such a thing, but whether or not I make Purity / times screwed a factor is yet to be seen since that's a bit down the road.

In other news, Lanie fans rejoice, as she gets more of a scene than Emilia did in this next patch.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Rakarth » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 am

I've been playing through some more to get more unlocked and I've noticed that I have to save the game to unlock the scenes right after the scenes otherwise they don't unlock.... Did you plan it that way? Also what you said about Lumina bring it on mon :P
Rakarth

Postby DragonRB » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:44 pm

That's correct. The script works off of save games, so you must save a game after viewing a scene in order for the scene to be unlocked. The only exception is game overs.
DragonRB

Postby sky-eye » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I keep one specific save-slot just purely for the purpose of save-to-gallery. That way there's no confusion or accidental overwrites.
sky-eye

Postby Goldteddy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 pm

I've been playing the game, and i've been thinking. . . .Would it be ok if someone were to make a Wiki-like topic on the forum.
Like what spells and abilities each of the character has, or how much Purity is lost when losing, that sorta thing.
And i know it's a Erotic Game so why the hell should people Care about things like that, but still if the game turns out to be pretty long some insight on what each character does could go a long way. It could also highlight what each type of enemies does in the game, which personally i could have used versus the Boss the first time around.

On a Completely different Note, the Gwyn involved in other screens looks good, however since most of the them acts out like this: Your exhausted and can only watch; sees gwyn in the same ( Not 100% sure, playing through the game with each character to see any differents ) Position you just were in; Pass out. Seems kinda dull, but you did say it was a placeholder so, ill keep my hopes high. One last thing: The Escape button under the Fight button. . . .Wouldn't it be easiser to just put surrender there so the risk of misspicking it under the Skill panel doesn't happen ( Talking of experince here Heh :P )
Hope these questions are ok :S
Goldteddy

Postby KBridget » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:16 am

Goldteddy Wrote:I've been playing the game, and i've been thinking. . . .Would it be ok if someone were to make a Wiki-like topic on the forum.
Like what spells and abilities each of the character has, or how much Purity is lost when losing, that sorta thing.
And i know it's a Erotic Game so why the hell should people Care about things like that, but still if the game turns out to be pretty long some insight on what each character does could go a long way. It could also highlight what each type of enemies does in the game, which personally i could have used versus the Boss the first time around.

On a Completely different Note, the Gwyn involved in other screens looks good, however since most of the them acts out like this: Your exhausted and can only watch; sees gwyn in the same ( Not 100% sure, playing through the game with each character to see any differents ) Position you just were in; Pass out. Seems kinda dull, but you did say it was a placeholder so, ill keep my hopes high. One last thing: The Escape button under the Fight button. . . .Wouldn't it be easiser to just put surrender there so the risk of misspicking it under the Skill panel doesn't happen ( Talking of experince here Heh :P )
Hope these questions are ok :S

please someone make this person's brilliant idea a relity. Wiki-walkthrough for our game!
Assume makes an ass out of you and me. So unless you want to get fucked, don't assume.
KBridget

Postby Raio10 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:09 am

is there any changes to the normal scenes when you have Gwyn in your party rather then when you don't?
Raio10

Postby Craftcrafter » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:09 am

Long time lurker who just signed up to respond to this game because of how amazing it is.

I'm going to contribute some suggestions that I think haven't been mentioned yet:

Blind status effect is too much of a hassle. There is only one panacea and I don't think I've found any vendors who sell blind-curing eye-drops? For example a blind status can have you miss up to 90% of your attacks for a good 10 turns where the only resource is to potion spam yourself until it wears off. This, I find, is much too irritating. Xanrud threw sand in my eyes and I stabbed his eyes out and the battle that ensued was taking turns missing each other for 20-ish turns ;__;

This might have to do with the limitations of 3DCustomGirl but is there any way to find some sort of texture or color for the bandits? Even if they have to be transparent (to see the girls) they should be a shade of skin-color and not ghostly turquoise. For example the dark-skinned martial artists were done very well, as were the stalls scenes. If soldiers can have their armor and even the Orc gets a texture, there must be some way to work out something for all those generic bandits!?

Lastly: could there possibly be a future section where you're left in the nude somehow? The idea is you're stripped and left with only your weapon and must recover your clothes or something. If you can get a naked version of all the sprites that'd be extra bonus! Also, the story possibilities of how people react to a naked girl running around in the labyrinth would be both amusing and arousing. I'm pretty big into exhibitionism and this would just make my day (week... month.... maybe year). I get horny just thinking about it ><

BTW keep doing the custom scenes for each girl. I've stuck to only one so far (because the others seem to only differ in dialogue and look) but now I'm seriously considering playing them all if they'll all have different character-specific scenes!

Keep up the good work! This is my favorite hentai game so far ^___^
Craftcrafter

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:57 am

The wiki thing sounds like a decent enough idea, though I'm not sure exactly when something like that should go up, mainly because a lot of the skills and states are subject to change and I don't wanna make it a pain for myself or whoever decides to be the editor (unless it'll be a team kinda thing).

Well, Surrender or Submit is also a placeholder as is, and yeah I noticed the issue with its placement in the skills menu, but unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about that.

As far as the Gwyn scenes go, she's involved in the 4 brawler gangbang as well as the gargoyle scene for now. They are very much placeholders and were honestly last-minute squeezes for last patch. However, I'm still hesitant about making ALL scenes really involve Gwyn, mainly 'cause it's a lot more work and because there are still at LEAST 3 NPC's that will be able to join the party, and quite frankly I don't want to have to make conditional branches for all of those guys/gals as well (plus if there's a netorare scene, I'd like to make it a bit more cinematic as opposed to 'oh, you lost to a random enemy now the guy has to watch you get fucked', etc.).

I don't like having a lot of crappy scenes, so what I'll probably do is modify some of the existing Gwyn ones or make the others a bit more 'involved' (like with you and her on the same screen). Ultimately I might just have it so that for in-party characters, each will have 4 or 5 special scenes with generic enemies to start with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound lazy--it's more of a time management thing. The amount of work I've been having to do in RL has been picking up a bit, so it's kinda like this. You can have a new patch with new areas, enemies, and character development, or you can have a patch solely devoted to including Gwyn in more scenes. I'll definitely try to make the gargoyle and brawler gangbang scenes less... impersonal or 'zoomed out', but no promises as to how many scenes involving the duelist I'll ultimately release.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner