Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby DragonRB » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Numbers time!

Just an FYI, thought I'd share some info I came up with while writing config files for the scene select script.

• Average Number of Scenes per Character: ~30
  • Average CGs per Characer: 140
  • Total H-Events Across All Characters: 243
  • Total Images Across All Characters: 1,198{ :shock: )

Let's hear it for KITAmaru and his absolutely prodigious output for this game. Hard to believe he only started on it 4ish months ago. Hip hip, Hooray!
DragonRB

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Straight up. It's properly done.
Lucky777

Postby ps193 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 am

Which 3DCG program do you use?
ps193
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:25 pm

3D Custom Shoujo. Harem and Elysium are also noted for making use of this program, though there are a few others that do as well.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Zodiark69 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:33 pm

And KITA is probably one of the best at it. :'D
Zodiark69

Postby MastrMarz » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:52 am

Is KITA gonna give us a magnificent Christmas present? :D
Just saying.
MastrMarz

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:56 am

Heh, unfortunately even if I were to, it'd be very late, since I decided to tweak a few things and STILL need to run them through my beta testers for another several days, especially with a new script such as the gallery one (which is awesome, because if you've unlocked the scenes with say, 4 different girls, you can access said scenes from the main menu instead of having to load a save file). Even then I feel it's a tad short, but all the H-scenes are 100% done. Sorry! Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays anyhow.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby MastrMarz » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:02 am

I was saddened right from the word "unfortunately." xD
Oh wellz, no rush. Just wonderin since it's been a month and a half. IT BETTER BE EPIC THOUGH. >:D Of course, the game is pretty epic already.
Bring it on in the New Year then!~
Just saying.
MastrMarz

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:30 am

Ah, indeed it has--so sorry. More had to do with that I am mainly playing it by ear in terms of immediate storyline (since between now and the Arcane Division is mainly... uh... filler?) but I suppose I could've just made it another smut patch, which people apparently don't seem to mind. Anyhow, realistically you can expect it perhaps around the end of the first week of January, unless of course you'd like to be part of the beta testing team, who will likely get a test version right after the new year. Beta testers do have to report on a few things and any bugs they find, but they also get a few tools that make life easier (teleportation to certain areas, insta-kill abilities in combat, a level adjuster, and a purity adjuster).
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby lok987 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Hello Kita,

thanks again for all the great work!

One question: Did you extend some of the current scenes or do you plan something like the following in the future:
If you lose several times against some "weaker" foes, the H-Scenes could progress, i.e. your character is slowly submitting to the enemy more and more, and eventually you would be getting a Game Over? In particular I'm wondering about the dominatrix scene, but also the Gargoyles and other minor enemies (the fighting customers in the chambers, the plants etc.) come to mind.

And some requests / remarks:

- Please check the prices of the goods in stores. For example the healing potions for 300 HP cost 30 Gold and 600 HP cost 300 Gold. Seriously?! :-)
- Could you show the values for purity and the sexual encounters when using the mirrors together on one page instead of having to click three times to see the values one after the other?
- There is no trigger for the message pop-up in the chambers, when you approach the jester (or whatever he is) from the right side first instead from the left side.

That's it for now.

Merry Christmas
Last edited by lok987 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lok987

Postby Raio10 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:43 pm

KITAmaru i would like to be a beta tester as i really love this game however i haven't done it before but i will try it if you want me to.
Raio10

Postby Insomniac » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:27 pm

I would like to volunteer as well, but similarly to the previous poster I have little experience beta testing. I'll give it a shot if I can contribute.
Insomniac

Postby MastrMarz » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Ah, indeed it has--so sorry. More had to do with that I am mainly playing it by ear in terms of immediate storyline (since between now and the Arcane Division is mainly... uh... filler?) but I suppose I could've just made it another smut patch, which people apparently don't seem to mind. Anyhow, realistically you can expect it perhaps around the end of the first week of January, unless of course you'd like to be part of the beta testing team, who will likely get a test version right after the new year. Beta testers do have to report on a few things and any bugs they find, but they also get a few tools that make life easier (teleportation to certain areas, insta-kill abilities in combat, a level adjuster, and a purity adjuster).

Well, that sounds awesome. :) I like exploring every little bit of everything, so if you do need more testers I can certainly do the job.
That, and I absolutely love your literary abilities, man! That's some good smut! xD
Just saying.
MastrMarz

Postby MastrMarz » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:21 am

Btw, man, Merry Christmas!
Just saying.
MastrMarz

Postby DragonRB » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:37 am

lok987 Wrote:- There is no trigger for the message pop-up in the chambers, when you approach the jester (or whatever he is) from the right side first instead from the left side.

Boogers, I thought I fixed that when I split the maps. Sorry KITA! :-(
DragonRB

Postby beazjr090 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:38 am

Wanted to say great job with the game so far. If your interested in more beta testers i am game. Unless your not interested or need something from me first so just tell me if your interested.
beazjr090

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:47 am

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. As for the people who were interested in beta testing, yes, I will send all of you the test version once I finish it (hopefully by the 2nd or 3rd as a rough estimation). I know this sounds strange but you will need to raise your post count to 10 in order to successfully exchange PM's with me, which is the only real requirement for beta testing, outside of not being a douche I guess. So yeah, drop me a PM once you do, 'cause I would prefer not to get feedback via this thread in terms of testing versions, since that's what they are and can often be pretty buggy.

What I need most right now from beta testers is dedicated battle system adjusters. Like specifics--do enemies in this area not do enough damage? Do they have too little HP? Stuff like that is what I want to know, since I've said before that the battle system is the part of the game that I tend to spend the least amount of time on, and clearly its weakness at this point in time.

lok / DRB -
With regards to the clown warning, no worries, Dragon. I've actually decided to omit the warning for now, mainly 'cause... well, at first I put it in as a warning to how random it might be, but now that it's pretty much common knowledge (and probably not as shocking / bizarre as I thought), I figured I'd just axe it. As for the prices, yeah... definitely gotta work on those so that people won't have TOO much cash. And the mirror displays, that's a pretty quick fix.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby beazjr090 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:15 am

Ok, well i will then try and post some more to be allowed PM messging
beazjr090

Postby monkeycid » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:08 am

I've been following this game with great interest over at ULMF for some time now and wanted to jump at the oppurtunity to beta test. As for 10 posts, that's a tall order, haha. I've been in lurker mode around forums for many years now but I'll try to break out of my shell and see if I can reach 11 instead!
monkeycid
Newly Registered

Postby lok987 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks for your reply, KITA!

Would you be so kind and also briefly comment on my first question in my last post? It seems you overlooked that one. :-)

(The first question regarding expanding the scenes)

Thanks!
lok987

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner