Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby raziel321 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:18 am

DragonRB Wrote:I'm also adapting the scene select script that recently appeared (thanks to ker and some users over at Hongfire) to work with some of DL's unique attributes, like purity.

I'm glad the CG script comes around :) Also, when you need any help to make the changes needed, call me, since I'm the one who created it (at least finished it, someone else did the start and left, plby or something like that was his name). But I really wonder why purity is needed inside the script. I mean, you either have a scene or you don't. There should be a check in the game but not during the CG script, shoudn't there?
raziel321

Postby DragonRB » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 pm

raziel321 Wrote:
I'm glad the CG script comes around :) Also, when you need any help to make the changes needed, call me, since I'm the one who created it (at least finished it, someone else did the start and left, plby or something like that was his name). But I really wonder why purity is needed inside the script. I mean, you either have a scene or you don't. There should be a check in the game but not during the CG script, shoudn't there?

The script is great work. I'm just adding a way to alter purity because there's different dialog depending on the character's purity stat, and I'd like to make it all accessible.
DragonRB

Postby Rooiehaan #2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Gave it another playthrough, this time decided it was time to lose a couple of times as well.
I noticed you can lose to all sorts of enemies, but end up in the same position, namely shackled to a wall.
Would it be possible to have different scenes of failure when you lose to different types of enemies, after which you may or may not end up in the slave pen?

silent assassins could do bondage,
Thugs could do anal
slavers could do forced blowjob etc,

and then, when the cutscene ends and you black out, you wake up in the slave pen.
If you could give it a try, you'd make me very happy :3
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive.

Rooiehaan #2

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Losing to the silent assassins and to some others, like Kallen, is what puts you in the chambers. Losing to 'em twice puts you in the stalls. Losing to slavers DOES result in blowjobs with the option to bite, and losing to both them and the bandits DOES NOT put you in the stalls. Losing to the dudes in the bar also does not put you in the stalls OR the chambers. Again, what are you talking about?
Lucky777

Postby Janna Lorena » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:46 pm

I've gone through all the game there is so far with all the characters but one and I must say this game is beyond awesome.
I love the characters, specially Thyme followed by Lanie (The way she talks makes me rofl all the time xD, also, the part when you can say "You suck" and her old schoolmate answers "Well, excuuuuuuuse me, princess!" was just legendary xD) and Sairyn, but I also like the others, each one has her own charm, and makes you feel different depending on who are you playing as (I get too much into my character xD).
The text and the descriptions are also great, I like how you write, really, also adding the 3D Custom Girl pictures (I have it too, its great to see someone else who uses it = 3) makes the H-scenes marvelous to me.
I also like the RPG factor, the fightings, I dont usually like RPG maker games, maybe because I'm too lazy for classic RPG combat styles, but the system you made that allows good combats with just one character (even if Gwyn can join you later) is something i really enjoy, I like independant characters = 3
I've gone through all the scenes in the version you released so far (Well, except Irine's, havent played her) and as I've said earlier, I love this game, and looking forward future releases x3
Another reason I love this game is because I like playing as female characters, If i'm allowed to choose between a male character and a female character I'll always go for the female (It doesnt mean i would reject a good game just because of the gender of the character i'll have to play) because It's what i feel identified with, makes it easier for to get in the character and i enjoy it more, so I cant explain how thankful I am that you made an H-game like this x 3

Yep, this is my first post in the forum. I've been around for a couple months or so, but never registered, I felt like it was time for it, and also I could tell you how great this game is you're making, Keep going! x 3
"I have to... further elaborate my answer...? W-wait! What kind of eroge is this!?"
Janna Lorena

Postby Rooiehaan #2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:57 pm

I apologize, i should lose fights more often
But they are so hard to lose D:
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive.

Rooiehaan #2

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Rooiehaan-
The Silent Assassins and Kalen are pretty much the only enemies that do the same thing in terms of H-content--that is, send you to the Chambers. Other enemies in the future will too... The turban-clad and scar-faced chasers in the Chambers, the Gargoyles, the Guard Pikeman, the dominatrix, the Red Slimes, the plant monsters, and well... just about everything else do something completely different when you lose.

If you want to auto-lose, try the 'Surrender' skill from the menu.

Janna-
Thanks! I appreciate you registering to tell me that. Nice to see people who actually do appreciate Lanie, for all her... silliness. With her tendency to break the fourth wall and general style of speaking, I figure she might break the immersion every once in a while, but she is really meant to represent a uhm... 'teen girl' kind of demographic so yeah. I'll have a lot more interesting things to reveal for ALL characters down the line; for now I'm just working on some specific H-scenes for them as to give an incentive to actually try the different girls out.

Speaking of which, I'm plugging away at 'personalization' at the moment--that is, changing character-specific dialogue for the two 'generic' H-scenes. DragonRB is helping me implement Raziel321 and plby2005's 'CG mode' script, so you will most likely get that for this next patch. Only unfortunate thing is, I believe you will have to start over in order to get the CG's unlocked due to actually hitting the switches required to get them in 'unlock' mode--but once you have, it'll be pretty easy from there.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby FruitSmoothie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:00 am

FruitSmoothie from Linemarvel here. Been testing the game out for quite a while and I have to say that it's already well above most the things posted here, and I'm not even done with a playthrough yet (At plants) I have no idea how much you're willing to alter or what you plan for the future, so I'm just posting some observations and ideas I have, take them or leave them, as I said, I think this game is already far above most of what's posted here so I'll be continuing to play it for quite a while, waiting for updates and such, regardless of whether or not you add anything I'm mentioning.

I found myself testing all the girls through the first couple of scenes to see which I'd rather play as, although some of the dialog is great, mainly the sex descriptions, some of the girls I found to be a little bland and a bit too stereotypical to their starting description with their speech. Like one of the girls is afraid of men and she's saying things like "No, I dislike men, leave me alone, etc", when a man tries to force her, just a bit too obvious for the dialog. Even if she's afraid of men, or one of the girls is a royal knight or nun or something, it's not like they'd follow it to the teeth, pointing it out with their vocabulary constantly. You could show a more subtle kind of disgust towards it maybe? Afraid of men and it'd show up even in non sex dialog, kinda making it seem like she's being raped before it even happens, you know? She'd shy away from men, wouldn't be willing to flirt (Unless maybe extreme purity failure, that she could flirt with that one guard bugged me.) with men, etc. The same could go for normal girls, maybe they'd be willing to flirt with men but not woman in the game immediately, sexual preferences.

What somebody thinks about a situation in general and what they actually say when they're in it are quite different, having a phobia of men isn't her personality, just a quirk added to it. She can still be strong willed or weak, pretend to be fine with it to save her sanity or go ballistic, plenty of options for her dialog. All that gets into character development and I know that's a delicate subject, they're your characters after all to do with as you please ;)
I can only really talk about that girls personality because she's who I chose to play as past the first scenes, I wanted to see how the whole male phobia thing worked out while she was being forced into encounters with them.

Next is the npcs and items ingame, it could just be because I personally spent a lot of time in rpg maker playing dozens of games and attempting to create my own that I'm realllly not fond of the default sprites and characters, I had to see them for weeks during that period so they kinda bug me now, it's pretty easy to find custom sprites on forums for rpg maker, but I guess that comes down to preference, and I know you already have the girls cg's done so changing them would probably be a huge hassle. But if you ever considered improving your backgrounds, finding new user made sprites for all the items would do wonders for your game. There's tonssss of variations for every item and completely new items you could download and use, it'd certainly add a nice uniqueness I think because most people don't bother to edit the defaults. It wouldn't be too difficult to change the items like chests and bookcases and floors, you just save all the new items in the old slots and they'd just appear where the defaults were all placed.

Well that's all I have for now, will continue testing later! Oh and I haven't gone through all the pages here so I'm not sure if there's a gallery to be unlocked, I didn't see it mentioned on the front page or the last few recent ones, I sure hope there is. As I said, I spent weeks trying to create my own games so I applaud your progress so far, even though rpg maker makes things a lot easier than building a game from scratch, I know it's still hell to deal with and takes a lot of dedication to stick with. P.S: Love that the cg's are all mostly different for each girl, actually giving a reason for multiple playthroughs beyond just skills and item differences is amazing. I can already see spending about as much time playing this on a finished version to test different girls as I spent on Legend of Queen Opala, probably my favorite user made rpg.

If you read all this, props, and thank you, I get carried away :P
Last edited by FruitSmoothie on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Raio10 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:02 am

well that's a bit of a shame but then again it just means we can enjoy more playing time of this game, which i cannot wait for the next update hope it's soon keep it up KITAmaru.
Raio10

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:00 am

FruitSmoothie's WALL OF TEXT-
Haha, okay thanks, no problem.
Indeed, I'd say Cesca's fear is a tad too explicit, but strangely enough it's earned her a pretty high average on pretty much every forum outside of LoK. I mainly started out with some fairly cookie-cutter girls in terms of character depth, as it seems to be the standard especially in harem-type anime/manga. However, that's just a starting point--each girl has considerably more depth that will begin to show as you play along, and for this next patch (which I hope to have before the New Year, but no promises depending on how much trouble the Gallery script gives us) also exclusive H-scenes that might give us a little insight into their respective characters. Perhaps they are move 'deep' to me since I already know what's planned for them... so... either you can ask for spoilers or just stay tuned, I suppose :P

I have quite a bit of custom resources, hence Nebula and company, Gwyn, Enyo (next patch), Wolfram and so on, but honestly I do like the default VX girls, so I had to include them in there somehow. As I mentioned before, if I had to hand-draw any H of this, I would definitely make it of the same VX girls, because they honestly need more hentai done, having surprisingly little for such a well-used resource. I have over 100 different sprites / portraits saved for future use in the game, just to give you a good idea of what I intend on using. Sorry if you're not a fan of the default RTP girls, but I think they're nice enough to make complete stories around!

Pretty much all the item and weapon icons in this game, as well as the skill ones, are actually custom. I don't plan on adding too many new treasure chest sprites, 'cause honestly, it could just get confusing otherwise--I'd like them to at least be somewhat recognizable (besides the ones I hid behind other crates, bwehehe).

I do have a custom tileset E that has been used a bit here, but iirc that's about all you can do. I'm saving a lot of the first tileset for other divisions, which are meant to have a different 'style' than the first division, which we are located in right now.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby DragonRB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:40 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Only unfortunate thing is, I believe you will have to start over in order to get the CG's unlocked due to actually hitting the switches required to get them in 'unlock' mode--but once you have, it'll be pretty easy from there.

Unfortunately true, just due to the fact that the events need to be changed. On the bright side, the original script is very well done, and scans all your saves, so those of you who've got saves at the end of the current version with your characters just the way you want them can keep those. Just start a new game (or eight new games :D) and do a quick 'LOSE TO ALL THE THINGS!' run-through, save, and you'll be good. On the flip side, it *might* not be a bad idea to actually replay the whole thing with your favorites to incorporate the new switches, because KITA may find a use for them down the line for things other than the CG mode.
DragonRB

Postby FruitSmoothie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am

KITAmaru Wrote:FruitSmoothie's WALL OF TEXT-
Haha, okay thanks, no problem.
Indeed, I'd say Cesca's fear is a tad too explicit, but strangely enough it's earned her a pretty high average on pretty much every forum outside of LoK. I mainly started out with some fairly cookie-cutter girls in terms of character depth, as it seems to be the standard especially in harem-type anime/manga. However, that's just a starting point--each girl has considerably more depth that will begin to show as you play along, and for this next patch (which I hope to have before the New Year, but no promises depending on how much trouble the Gallery script gives us) also exclusive H-scenes that might give us a little insight into their respective characters. Perhaps they are move 'deep' to me since I already know what's planned for them... so... either you can ask for spoilers or just stay tuned, I suppose :P

Ah good, I did notice a bit of change in dialog with her, hopefully I'll be testing out the other girls to see the other changes, will probably wait for the new update to do that though! Right now I'm doing a "dirty" run with the thief, next I'll probably replay it "clean" to see the differences.

I have quite a bit of custom resources, hence Nebula and company, Gwyn, Enyo (next patch), Wolfram and so on, but honestly I do like the default VX girls, so I had to include them in there somehow. As I mentioned before, if I had to hand-draw any H of this, I would definitely make it of the same VX girls, because they honestly need more hentai done, having surprisingly little for such a well-used resource. I have over 100 different sprites / portraits saved for future use in the game, just to give you a good idea of what I intend on using. Sorry if you're not a fan of the default RTP girls, but I think they're nice enough to make complete stories around!

That's great, maybe I just used the same custom ones so I thought they were the default. You certainly put a new spin on the girls ;)

Pretty much all the item and weapon icons in this game, as well as the skill ones, are actually custom. I don't plan on adding too many new treasure chest sprites, 'cause honestly, it could just get confusing otherwise--I'd like them to at least be somewhat recognizable (besides the ones I hid behind other crates, bwehehe).

Same as above, I musta used the same custom ones as you, seen them so often.

I do have a custom tileset E that has been used a bit here, but iirc that's about all you can do. I'm saving a lot of the first tileset for other divisions, which are meant to have a different 'style' than the first division, which we are located in right now.

Lovely, look forward to even more diversity! and thanks again for reading my wall o text, I appreciate it.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Araz8631 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 am

I love your game following a logical perfect path :D
p.s I wonder if someone can help me .where can I find games like this ( I mean RPGs with the same 2d vision even if they are not hentai) i like the actions and power up things more than hentai. thanks in advance
Araz8631

Postby zulfiqar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Final fantasy I, Final Fantasy IV, Dragon Warrior I II + III are all excellent games, and can be played on GBA or SNES emulators.

Also Super Mario RPG for the SNES

For the DS, you have tons of options, but some good ones are Radiant Historia, Dragon Quest IV V VI and IX, Chrono Trigger (which is also for the SNES), and the Pokemon series.

That's just for starters though. There are tons of good RPG games, especially for the SNES, GBA, and DS.

For more Westernish RPGs try Dark Alliance or Skyrim.
zulfiqar
Newly Registered

Postby oni-san » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm

oni-san's two cents:

Loving the game so far, and I'd really like to talk with you, KITA, about being on the staff for this project. You can PM me and we can talk about that

Second, the new scenes are great, and i've yet to encounter any glitches or major spelling errors! +1

Third, I Speak for a lot of people when I say that I would love to see more Yuri scenes! :D the ogres and the horse were very hot, and I greatly appreciate the attention to detail there, but I need some girl-on-girl action...like a whole patch dedicated to that would be just....*Sniffle*...Amazing +1

Oni-san, Out.
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby haladar5 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:28 am

I just remembered something that kind of bothered me with the CG's besides the blue man group that come into play which isn't a huge deal for me, It'd just be more work to add in actual models anyway but the cum/cumshots I think should be a little more prominent. I don't know what limitations there are to the programs you use but the majority of the time in the cg's, the cum is barely visible (especially on skin) and almost lacks sustenance. Just throwing this out there. Not trying to be too critical or anything, just something I thought I'd mention :D Otherwise, this is by far my favorite hentai game to date.
haladar5

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Yep, no problem.
Huhu, no worries. I actually do appreciate some good yuri, although it's a shame there are only maybe... two and a half yuri scenes currently in game (1.5 with Gwyn, 1 with a maid... okay perhaps another 1 or 2 with the dominatrix if you count that), you'll be getting another one come 0.08 (already written, CG'd and ready to go) and yet another for 0.09. So don't worry, yuri fans will be covered on that end.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby haladar5 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 pm

So I tried typing this before but I don't think it worked. The thigh I've noticed that has bothered me is how the cum/cumshots aren't all that prominent. In terms of dialogue it still proves to be the denouement but in the cg it is either too hard to see (especially on skin) or the cumshot just isn't powerful enough to be the end of the scene like, the guard scene in the stalls with the internal cumshot. That was formidable in terms of amount and visibility of spermies but other times like the surrender scenes to the turban bros, you can barely see the cum when it looks like she should give the bunny girl a run for her money via being cum covered. I'm not sure what limitation the programs you use with the cg have but I figured id just give a shout about this. Please don't consider this disappointment with your game because this is by far the best hentai game I've played and cant wait to see what's in store.
haladar5

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am

Right, unfortunately that is a limitation of the 3DCG program I'm using--the only real mods I have are a cum-splattered face, cum-splattered body, cum dripping from the character's pussy, and a clear 'squirt' of sorts. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a mod with more isolated cum splatters, such as streaks on the stomach, back, etc--those four that I listed are basically all I have after much searching.

No, no offense taken at all. I actually tend to be specific about cumshots in my personal taste regarding H-stuff, but this is just something that comes with the territory of 3DCG and the resources I have at my disposal (unless I am able to find a male with a 'flying cumshot' mod or one that floats about in front of the girl, which would be wonderful). As for the guard scene in the stalls, it has the 'spray' mod that I usually included in those series, though that's honestly about the most I can do with it besides change the angle, which is fairly simple for me.

If there are not enough CG's to your liking as of right now, though, don't worry--the new H-scenes that are already finished for next patch all have about a minimum of 10 images each! So don't go jamming the spacebar to skip all the text, else you might miss a nice CG in there... but don't worry, that's why a gallery mode will be put in soon. Thanks to DragonRB for configuring that for me.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby haladar5 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:21 am

Fair enough. I felt like it was probably a program issue but I had my hopes up. As for the skipping the text...nice joke. The text is what makes it all so enticing! Lookin' forward to your latest installment for sure.
haladar5

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner