Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby haladar5 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Just out of curiosity...will I have to re-level a character with the new patch or should my saves be compatible with them. I'd assume they would but I've never played games like these before . Not a huge problem if so, otherwise I'd just power level thyme again lol.
haladar5

Postby DarkSonicDX » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:10 pm

One....of...the....greatest...ultimate picture....OF ALL TIME!!! You ROCK!! KIT!!! :D
DarkSonicDX
Newly Registered

Postby darkraven » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I had to make an account just to say how wonderful this game is. I was sceptic at first, but I instantly changed my mind. XD Wonderful job, and the RPG elements are some of the best I've seen. The gameplay itself is wonderful, and the H scenes are fantastically done.
Fly fast, fly hard, fly high, fly far. Ride the wind, don't be craven, ride on the wings of a raven.
darkraven
Newly Registered

Postby Rooiehaan #2 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Played the game; loved it.
Played as Rhiannon, and (maybe i'm pro, i dunno) i thought the game was filled with easy to beat thugs, until i came across the thug leader; which was impossibly strong.
Also, after getting done in by him, i had to face his two, yet again, easy to beat subordinates, but i was left with 100 hp or so, so they had a easy time with me.
Then, when they had left me, i was able to chase the leader to save my new best friend, but to my surprise i was wandering around the halls aimlessly, being distressed about that timer ticking away, with only 1 hp.

If this could be changed, i would whole heartily become your number 1 fan.
thanks either way, though :3
Breathe easy, the doctors are about to arrive.

Rooiehaan #2

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 pm

If what exactly could be changed? The fact that you had 1 hp can't be it, since you could fix that with fountains, potions, gangbangs, showers, and probably any number of other remedies, available very cheaply or for free.

The fact that you had a visible timer can't be it, since you know exactly how much time you have left to complete that particular sub-mission, and it's pretty generous.

The fact that the guard with information about where to go was DIRECTLY to the south-west of the place where the timer comes into operation can't be it either, unless you wanted him to be placed a little closer? Or what precisely were you talking about, bro?
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:04 am

haladar-
Yes, keep your current saves. I'm basically making this in an episodic kind of way, so that you can use your old Save files to just continue from where you left off. Much easier that way.

DarkSonicDX-
Haha, you like that? Been having a lot of fun with 3DCG lately so you'll also see tons more pictures than usual in this patch, and perhaps in later ones too.

darkraven-
Thanks! Right now there's still a lot I want to do, especially involving the main storyline, to make it even better. I apologize for the slow updates as of late, but again, RL called, so y'know, gotta get that out of the way first. Stay tuned!

rooiehaan-
Ah yep, well to be honest, the first time you beat Xanrud, you really aren't SUPPOSED to win at all--if you can somehow manage it though, you can get a rare / unique drop as a reward. Either way, that particular battle doesn't affect the outcome of the game perse, nor what happens to Gwyn--she'll get taken away anyway.

One easy fix I could do is just put a few chests with potions in the hall with the Pikeman Vet (or near the prompt where the timer starts), for people who have used all of theirs up trying to kill Xanrud, hoohoo. I think the game is pretty easy as is, so needless to say I could stand to adjust the overall difficulty level of the bandits, but I kept them there for a while due to the 'Surrender' option for people who actually want to lose. The battle system is honestly not that exciting to me, so I do just enough work to try and make it semi-functional while spending most of my time on the H-scenes and what not. You'll likely see some tweaks before 0.10, but that first Xanrud fight is not gonna get any easier--it was either that or he'd just have 99999 HP and deal 9999 damage; but I thought such a thing would be kind of silly given that you actually do fight him later. In terms of everyone being a bit chumpy; yeah, they are, and I could fix that for sure! I just gotta make sure that they don't take too long to kill, else it get too grindy.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Rooiehaan #2 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 am

rare/ unique drop?
... are you kidding me, i got done in with 200 hp left on that sucker D:
T_T

Rooiehaan #2

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 am

Haha, don't worry--the sword is only particularly useful for Emilia, Cesca and Asella. Maaaybe Rhiannon. You also get a dagger, but that's only really handy for the former two, who are dual-wielders.
If ya stock up on potions at the shop, it should be pretty easy to beat him. Who were you playing with?
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Rooiehaan #2 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 am

Rhiannon. Actually, i got killed because that good fer nothing gwyn died really fast (by the two-target abilities, he was constantly targeting me which was good), and because my choker hold / chloroform / confusion strike didn't work (and because that guy is hella hard to hit)
then i took on the pikeman vet with one hp
and after the dialogue, i accidentally talked to him again -again with 1 hp
God that sucked Dx

Rooiehaan #2

Postby Kuragari » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:47 am

To Rooie, every time you lose, you are left with one hp. (exceptions are game overs) So after every defeat, unless you INTEND to lose again, you have to heal up.

Also, whens the next update coming out?
Kuragari

Postby DarkSonicDX » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:56 am

Like it? I love it, i've been in this forum for almost dozen of months and your game basically caught my attention as soon as the first version was release.I don't usually make an account for that but that pic you posted instantly get me to make 1, xD. Keep up the great work really.
Last edited by DarkSonicDX on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSonicDX
Newly Registered

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey everyone, I am semi-back (tg for my phone lol) but I can't test the game T^T however I can still help the best way I can think of ideas and ect, at least until I can get my comp fixed ^^|
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Thee Pie Man » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 am

I love what you did with the game so far, I have a lot of experience in the RPGVX field and own a copy, If you need help with any of the elements as far as setting up particular events, or making certain things happen when they need to happen but are unsure how message me and I would be more then happy to help with it.

(Minor note: I am not able to get on everyday but will check back more if you do ask for some help/need some.)
~Life is fragile thing, but also it can be hardening, it can be enduring, it can be sad, it can be happy. If things don't seem to be going your way at first, look forward and hold on to what you believe in, it can be one of the strongest things of all~
Thee Pie Man

Location: Dunken Donuts, "If they don't have pie I am killing someone."

Postby DragonRB » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 am

Kuragari Wrote:Also, whens the next update coming out?

KITA's hoping to have something to release by the New Year, I believe. He's currently plugging away at some character specific scenes and their associated pictures. I'm also adapting the scene select script that recently appeared (thanks to ker and some users over at Hongfire) to work with some of DL's unique attributes, like purity. Hopefully we can get that included in the next release as well. I haven't actually seen any of the scenes he's been working on (I'm just a code monkey :D) but from what he's shared with me, I suspect everyone will be rather pleased.
DragonRB

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 am

DragonRB Wrote:
KITA's hoping to have something to release by the New Year, I believe. He's currently plugging away at some character specific scenes and their associated pictures. I'm also adapting the scene select script that recently appeared (thanks to ker and some users over at Hongfire) to work with some of DL's unique attributes, like purity. Hopefully we can get that included in the next release as well. I haven't actually seen any of the scenes he's been working on (I'm just a code monkey :D) but from what he's shared with me, I suspect everyone will be rather pleased.

Oh your working on DL as well? ^^ cool I can't wait until I get my comp fixed to see/hear all of the new awesome things added in DL now *_*
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby DragonRB » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:09 am

I wouldn't say I'm really working on it. I'm just helping with some minor scripting stuff and giving KITA some tips on how to use RPGMaker as we go. I' m pretty handy at coding, and with RPGMaker in general. I would make my own game, but I suck at map making. Like hardcore suck. :oops: That and I often lack the creative spark required. I have to occasional good idea, but that's about it. :P
DragonRB

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:14 am

DragonRB Wrote:I wouldn't say I'm really working on it. I'm just helping with some minor scripting stuff and giving KITA some tips on how to use RPGMaker as we go. I' m pretty handy at coding, and with RPGMaker in general. I would make my own game, but I suck at map making. Like hardcore suck. :oops: That and I often lack the creative spark required. I have to occasional good idea, but that's about it. :P

But still awesome for more people to help :D
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby DragonRB » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:17 am

Haha. Honestly, I'd love to be more involved, but KITAmaru seems to have everything well in hand. I'm hard pressed to come up with more ways to help, so I'll just stay in my code-cave until he needs me again. :P
DragonRB

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:19 am

DragonRB Wrote:Haha. Honestly, I'd love to be more involved, but KITAmaru seems to have everything well in hand. I'm hard pressed to come up with more ways to help, so I'll just stay in my code-cave until he needs me again. :P

Just give him a update or 2 and he might need help lol but really all help is welcome, before my comp craped out I did remember he needed help with boss ideas lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby seraphz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 am

Very nice game =) i wonder if u could tell me from where u got the 3dcg? im sorry if u already replied this but i searched and i couldnt find =/ love ur game =)
seraphz
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner