The Plan 2.0

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: The Plan 2.0

Postby Gorbaz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm

My guess is that it will take as long as it will take. Renara might be able to come up with an estinate of how much longer it will take to get to a point where the bare bones are done, and it could be considered a propper game, but without anything that extra time would improve. Plus, it's been a long time since January 2010, project staff have gone their own ways and new ones joined (as I understand it), and Renara has had computer problems. So, it'll be done when it's done, I guess.

Plus, I don't agree with Blue's statement. If you have a number of people working on their own computers and (presumably) on their own things, then getting two or more of them in the same room, on the same machine, to work on their different things, would slow the individuals down. You would get 100% useage out of the machine, but only 50% out of each person
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby BlueLight » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Gorbaz Wrote:Plus, I don't agree with Blue's statement. If you have a number of people working on their own computers and (presumably) on their own things, then getting two or more of them in the same room, on the same machine, to work on their different things, would slow the individuals down. You would get 100% useage out of the machine, but only 50% out of each person

Sorry to hear you disagree. i wont go in to a defense but I will say your thoughts about the personal are opposite. If you want to do the research okay if not then this dies here and doesn't require a reply.

As for the time frame arvias i wouldn't ask. It would be to painful since we really don't know whats going on. Also if you think about 0.3 should really be 1.0 since your basically rewriting the program and not doing a important or minor update. This is just going off the system i use. I understand you use a different version system.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Gorbaz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Well, I've just done a bit of research into "Agile Programming", and I can see that I was approaching the question from a compleatly different angle. The nature of AP seems to be that a number of people can work on a single project, but not as a whole, but rather in sections, and then revisit those sections when complete to check for compatability, bein in line with the overall goal, etc.

It makes sense, as it will mean that more can be done in any space of time, and issues can be very quickly addressed.

At least, that's what I've found
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby vintageplayer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 pm

I'm just wondering, with the project being on hiatus for so long if all the assets created for .3 will ever be released to the public. Might give someone the chance to pickup where you left off so long ago
vintageplayer
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal