V0.2 comments

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: V0.2 comments

Postby cowsgomoo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:58 am

thank you :D
cowsgomoo

Postby Raiek » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 am

Merek Wrote:The new oral sex on Scales, for example, is significantly worse than before.

Really? I extremely enjoyed Scales new oral sex scene, far more than the original. May have been my favorite new edition in v0.2.
Raiek

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 am

I have to agree with a few other comments about the scales scene, it's probably just that, as Renara said, it's unpolished, so while it's similar as he intended, it's also rough around the edges.

I see i'm also not the only one that had issues with the ass, but it's already sounding like Ren agrees it just needs to be resized and reshaped a bit, perhaps a job for our vector artists? Somewhere between version 0.1 and 0.2 should make everyone happy.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Smackman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 am

I have to agree with the previous people... the ass looks a little odd... I don't really like it myself
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Ketsueki » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 am

The ass is -maybe- a bit too big; I think the real issue, from memory alone, is that the ass might be part of the legs so when it moves it seems bigger than it should (instead of compressing a bit as the muscles move elsewhere).

The thing that seemed different to me (maybe it wasn't?) was that her tail didn't have quite the same natural fluidity to it in some scenes. Sweeping beneath her and stretching my belief about where the ground could be...
Ketsueki

Postby MrFace5355 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:03 am

My opinion on the new version:
The ass is really quite nice in certain scenes (the anal scene in particular) but looks odd when walking compared to the original. Also, some scenes, such as the Give Stone guy, look way better with the old ass.
The little additions like the random idle actions and bathing animation are really nice.
The Scales scene seems a little worse than before imo, other than the fact that there is actually cum ofc. I dunno, the quickness of the last scene just showed a more ferocious nature to the general. The current scene isn't bad, though.
I haven't delved into the structuring of this game and everything, so I am not sure how complex everything is atm. But, if possible, I would suggest having a different pair of legs for certain animations, so the old legs would be used in most situations but the newer legs would be used when they are better suited, like the anal scene.
MrFace5355

Postby Darcyen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 pm

I like how everything was done in vol 2 it was great work

her ass i love it because a first she had no ass yet again great work

one question was peach and links games dropped?
Darcyen

Postby Ketsueki » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Darcyen Wrote:I like how everything was done in vol 2 it was great work

her ass i love it because a first she had no ass yet again great work

one question was peach and links games dropped?

You have all the files from the first version; In short there never were games for them to begin with. They were always the stubs you see now. (Though I can see the appeal of link's game... you might get to go around knocking hot chicks down and stuffing them with your throbbing cock, instead of sluttishly going around and making every cock you can unload on/in you.)
Ketsueki

Postby Renara » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Well I don't believe either were actually planned as games in their own right in the first-place. PlayShapes' original story idea has Link being cast down to the Dark Woods and transformed into a wolf by Midna, and then possibly having Krystal later enter the Mushroom Kingdom and have to rescue princess Peach.

The scenes will remain in the v0.2.x branch for the mean-time, but probably won't make an appearance in v0.3, but will hopefully re-appear in a remastered form in a later release.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Eternal » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 pm

I'd just like to send my gratitude for making version 0.2, you've really done a great job with it and I personally have no complaints about it at all :) I know its a bit rude to ask since 0.2 has only just been finished but do you have any idea how long it will be until version 0.2.1? I saw in a previous post that 0.3 will take a while which I expect, sorry if i sound rude in any way and im not trying to rush anybody.

Thankyou for working on this game, your doing it a great justice by making a great game even better, good luck with the project and i'd like to help in any way possible.
Eternal

Postby Poob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Merek Wrote:The new oral sex on Scales, for example, is significantly worse than before.

Strongly disagree. I thought Renara did a really great job remaking that one.
Poob

Postby Merek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Renara Wrote:

What don't you like about it? I tried to keep it true to the original, but with the aim of making it feel a little more boss-like. Unfortunately time constraints meant it isn't quite as polished as it could be I suppose.

The original definitely needed a little polishing, but after taking another look at the new one, I still think it needs work. On the plus side, the new one is more complete and has a rougher feel to it (I assume this is what you mean by "boss-like"). But the movement is too "glide-y" (an easy problem to fall into with motion tweens) and more importantly it isn't faithful to the real shape and physics of how her body would move, contorting her in some pretty (visually) painful ways. Her spine in particular went through some pretty intense trama. Obviously the 2d "dolls" the game uses have a certain amount of limitation build into them; I'm not expecting Disney. But I'm convinced more can be coaxed out of them. If other people enjoyed it, that's great. I actually (partially) enjoyed it too. I just think it can (and should) be better.
Merek

Postby Vyksen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:54 pm

I think that a lot of improvements were most certainly made.
Scales, in my personal opinion, I loved what you did with his hook, how you had it around her neck. That was hot and most certainly a display of male aggression. If you're going to plan on changing that, I think that you should keep some aspect of that there.
However... the way he moves when he stands up looks a little... Unrealistic? I can't explain it but his feet movement look a little off for him. Plus he has no tail. :) I noticed that when I was staring at him.
ALSO...
I think there's a need for some traditional penetration here. I'm not too big on anal(but I did like it, don't get me wrong. It was hot.), and there's an excessive amount of oral. I don't have anything against it, it's just that it can get a bit repetitive. I'm sure you're already working on some vaginal penetration or something else different.
The girl on girl-- I still love it. You need more of it, and maybe some more direct girl on girl action.
The fact that you got the Sharpclaw to not just stand there but actually do movements as well in of itself is wonderful. Even the slightest change can make a HUGE difference. The sound effects make a huge impact on me. The sound definitely kicks up a LOT of notches.
Do you guys plan on making them talk to her as they have sex with her? I think talking to her, yelling at her, just in general dirty talking her maybe could get a lot of people. I know that I'd like it.
Needless to say, I think you're all appealing to the masses quite well. Keep up the great work~! :D
Vyksen

Postby Kuu » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 am

Really love the changes in this version, my only complaint is the walking speed; it takes too long to get from one end of the map to the other, really annoying going between all the different interactions and the bath. An increased walking speed or fast travel option would be great.
Kuu

Postby iKurby » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:50 am

Kuu Wrote:Really love the changes in this version, my only complaint is the walking speed; it takes too long to get from one end of the map to the other, really annoying going between all the different interactions and the bath. An increased walking speed or fast travel option would be great.

I agree that the speed could use some adjusting.
iKurby

Postby Kalypso » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 am

iKurby Wrote:
Kuu Wrote:Really love the changes in this version, my only complaint is the walking speed; it takes too long to get from one end of the map to the other, really annoying going between all the different interactions and the bath. An increased walking speed or fast travel option would be great.

I agree that the speed could use some adjusting.

We're adding a "run" toggle key to the game. Its been stated multiple times, just type the word "run" in up at the search, you'll find several displays of "run key" and "run option" ^^
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Renara » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Give poor Krystal a break; she just crashed an Arwing, has a big load of dinosaur jizz in her belly, and gets banged by everything that sees her, wouldn't you be a little slow in her shoes? :D

As Kalypso says though, running is definitely a top feature to add; v0.2 actually relocates movement-speed to a global setting, so it's possible to make her move faster just by changing that, but the animation would need to be changed accordingly.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Darek » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 am

Great work guys, some major improvements and additions from V0.1. Animations are more fluid, there are new goodies and overall, greatly impressed. Can't wait for V0.3 to come out; keep up the good work!
Darek

Postby Passerby » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 pm

I mentioned it in another thread, but figured I should probably find the proper venue to just post what was on my mind here and be done with it...I agree with this comment, though I wouldn't really say significantly worse than before. It's different, sure, and many of the nuances of the animation were great, like Vyxen had said elsewhere, the added aggression was rather welcome and quite fun to watch, but most specifically it was her jaw that bugged me the most...enough that I even made a little side by side of it, anyway, added for the heck of it.
eg.1.PNG
I even drew on it! Wonderful touch with the tongue, by the by.
eg.1.PNG (95.16 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
It's the angle of her jaw that gets me, it doesn't seem to mesh so well with the other scenes. Things I liked about the original was a more intricate motion to the whole thing, and how she seemed a little strained to take it all, but when making him longer he also seemed to get a little narrower...? Maybe it was just something that was harder to work with, I'd imagine it's a bit of a challenge to make sure it wasn't poking out the back of her head, short of adding a joint in the middle to make it bend behind Krystal's sprite anyway, and that gets to adding a bit more work to it than is probably needed. Anyway, I'm not really sure the mechanics of it or what needed to be tweaked to get it there, I just know I personally was a little unsatisfied with the result.
BUT, all that being said, the rest of it was really spot on. Short of that there was nothing that I felt detracted from the first, and instead there was only enormous benefit all around, my only other lament was the single other scene with the Zora in the secret room under the bath wasn't finished or added to or whatnot, hardly a complaint when every other animation that didn't have a finish got one, most if not all bugginess from the first gone, and the revised structure of the General Scales "merit system" worked excellently compared to the original...all that's what got me genuinely excited to see what v0.3 has in store, when you try to consider that v0.2 was considered a small update by comparison. Wonderful work though, all around.
Passerby

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 pm

And seconded!
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal