V0.2 comments

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: V0.2 comments

Postby Sullix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 am

Well... I would make her butt a little bit smaller nonetheless. Maybe not to a degree at v 0.1 (where she actually had no ass). Because... well... I can see some difference.
Your friendly lurker
Sullix

Postby malikdeathhand » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:09 pm

LOVE IT! The new flash has improved exponentially. While there may not have been much new content added, the cleanup that was done to the original game's framework is amazing, All i can say is Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far, and all those that will continue to assist in the continued improvements being made to LoK.
malikdeathhand
Newly Registered

Postby Sullix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Damn. I really hate to be the only one complaining, but I compared for a while the old and new version of Krystal... and liked the first one more. I know, I know, that's not the final version but there's an important matter that comes to my head.
This change in her butt makes her look more realistic in a direct side view (and this is not a side view), but... how to put it... I think the original could use a little tweak, making butt curves visible, but not to such degree. And the white area should be barely visible in a side view, what means in this litte "twisted to the viewer" view the white shouldn't be seen. I think.

As for the animations, some of them could use some polishing (few of the originals as well), but since Im a complete greenhorn when it comes to work in flash I'll just stay quiet...

Overall, I remeber Renara saying version 0.2 was supposed to be a basis of collaborative work so these are just suggestions, not critique.
I sincerely hope this will be of some use for further versions, if these topics weren't talked over by you.

P.S. Sorry if there are any grave errors, english is not my native language.

P.S. 2 Still, I admire your effort on this flash :)
Your friendly lurker
Sullix

Postby zekameka » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm

I disliked the butt but then i got used to it and it seemes okay now :D Great job guys, keep up the good work :twisted: :P
zekameka

Postby Renara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Ah well, I actually tried different sizes for the butt piece, but it looks weird stretched (made smaller but kept long enough to reach the calves), and making it smaller also makes it harder to mask the butt that's sort of built into the body-piece. I think it's the way to go for working with the leg-pieces, but the body will need tweaked I think to remove the integrated butt to be more like the lizard-girl body.

As for the basis of collaboration, it'll be more likely to be a pre-release of v0.3 we'll use in that regard, as while the .fla file is now a bit cleaner when it comes to finding things and working on it, it's not an easy file to work with for multiple people. If you follow the same folder structure for your creations though then it should be easy enough to transfer them to v0.3.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Elgregou » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Well, first hello to everybody here. I've keeped an eye on this forum and on the game's development, and was waiting the release of the 0.2 version to see progress and add comments or suggestions. Before I criticize your work, thank you very much for having developed Legend of Krystal, and trying to improve it into a fine game.

So here is what I liked in 0.2 :
- The new animation when Krystal is bathing. Very well done.
- The new texts which are less shorter and plain than before.
- The new "localisations" of cum.
- The facts that there is sound in many sexual acts.

and now, what I disliked :
- First of all... THE BUTT !! Seriously, I'm not exagerating, the new butt nearly made me stop the game ! In one word : it is ugly ! Sorry to be so abrupt, but Krystal was nearly perfectly drawn in the previous version, why wanting to change her ? Before, she has perfect curves, a slender body that made her sort of innocent (when it matters to sex). Now, she seems to be just a bimbo, a bobaraba... More, the butt is with no proportions with the rest of the body. So please, PLEASE, correct this in the future release. It's just horrible.
- Krystal has no text. I know that some would want to keep her silent because "it adds self-identification with the character", and because one can imagine anything that Krystal would think. But I think that it is important to show Krystal slow mind corruption. She start as an innocent fox lady, but soon she is raped and forced to do more and more perverse actions. What would be great would be that we can see her desires slowly taking over her. She needs to be worked on, she is the main character after all !for example, I particulary liked, in the previous game Bowser's Castle, when she talked during her sex action, being more and more vulgar. It is more exciting, it adds depth to the character. And moreover, we can construct a story easily, instead of seeing Krytal as just a doll wo goes from point A to point B with sex scenes between the two. What is Krystal's reaction when sshe sees the big dinosaur and knows that she will be fucked by him ? What is Krystal thinking when she swallows General Scales' sperm ? Does the "Make out" scene is her fist lesbian action ? You see, many things can be developed here...
- The game is still a little slow sometimes. But that's not too bad.

Well, I think that's all. Sorry if my English lacks quality, but I'm French.
Keep the good work ! I'me sure that Legend of Krystal can become a mighty game with reknown of the net.
Elgregou

Postby Sullix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

If I may comment on the new sex animation with the big ol' nasty general Scales, the idea is good but currently it looks a little bit to "raw". Cant exactly point whats wrong with it, but compared to the old one where Krystal swayed on ll four back and forth (damn, that was good) it could do with details and some attention. As if that wasn't obvious.

Sorry for mulit-posting. Just new thoughs come to me after some time.
Your friendly lurker
Sullix

Postby Poob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Renara, I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. This new version is really a huge improvement on the original It's exciting to see all your work come to fruition.
Poob

Postby Renara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm hoping to add some idle scenes for the lizard girls and anything else I've missed, so no worries on that, I just ran out of time, there is an animation in the .fla for the standing lizard girl but it's crap, shows where I started then ditched it get the release done. Regarding the butt I may look into creating a plain blue, differently proportioned piece for most scenes; as I say though, I personally prefer it for animating, but the body has a butt partly integrated into it, which is a little hard to work with, I didn't really want to go trying to remove that as I'm stuck using a wireless mouse so anything beyond small simple adjustments is a bit awkward for me to do. If someone wants to give more general-purpose pieces a go, with accompanying armour overlay, then I could include it!

So yeah, there will be a v0.2.1 to squash bugs and finish off some stuff I didn't have time for, and possibly some more to fill the time till v0.3 is ready; v0.3 will be quite a big change so it might be a while away yet!
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Smackman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 pm

I have a bit of a rude question.... Why is peach the only one who takes it in the snatch?
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Renara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

There aren't any animated scenes for Krystal taking it in the pussy, v0.2 doesn't include any all-new scenes. The source files are available if you'd like to give such a scene a try though :)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Smackman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:02 pm

bah i tried, took all of the files and realized I've never touched flash in my life :shock: do you like make several jpgs for an animation like its a flipbook or what?

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Smackman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

i mean I'll flippin' learn how to animate if thats what it takes to get some vag action :lol:

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Renara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Hehe; it's a lot simpler than that in Flash, you've got a load of symbols, each of these representing a body-part. You then use a feature called tweening which automatically moves the symbol between two positions that you specify, allowing you to quickly create animations, and then just fine-tune any bits that don't move quite right.

There are a tonne of tutorials online if you want to learn more; beyond that everything you need to create the scene should already in the flash-file though, there are some pussy boundary pieces intended for (I think) the frontal view, so that's probably the best one to go with to start-from, there are some demon poses that could serve a suitable starting point, I believe someone has already had a go at adding animation to one such scene, but I can't remember where that was posted.

Otherwise some other budding animator may have a go at such a scene!
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Smackman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 pm

yeah in the file the very last frame is krystal fucking a demon, its technically vag i guess but its not really in the game yet..
i just right click-forwarded to it when i was looking at the scenes..

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby hididilly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Well, while I know I'm not an animator or anything, I think this is a frankly brilliant update (however small) and have found nothing wrong with it! The butt makes her look more sexy while the facial expressions make her innocent (AND tell character portrayal, i.e. the way she screams in the anal but still looks innocent after), the new bath idle scenes are fantastic, the blaziken bit was a really great surprise and the make-out scene was astonishing. Bloody great work there, Renara.

However, while there are no PROBLEMS to the game, there are some issues I'd like to bring up. Where Krystal gives the Sharpclaw a handjob, there is a lizard girl doing fuck all (well, if only), and there are still several scenes that you can find by right-clicking and forwarding. Obviously not even mjaor problems, and no-ones is gonna mind too much about the extra scenes, but hey, just thought I'd let you know. Simply amazing job Renara, well done :D
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
hididilly

Postby Raiek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Wanted to say, since a lot of the discussion is regarding it, that I honestly loved Krystal's new rear end. Particularly during that anal scene, it looked great! I hardly found it distracting or ugly as I was playing through v0.2. Fantastic job, Renara, this game has the potential to really be something special!
Raiek

Postby Merek » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

The new animations and sounds overall add a lot to the game, but it's a little hit-and-miss. The new oral sex on Scales, for example, is significantly worse than before. In contrast, I dig the new beer animations, and I love the fuck out of the Blaziken oral sex bit, though I wish it could be blended into the story a bit more, since at the moment her presence is rather jarring. I think Renara's proposed story was that the tribe was kidnapping various girls from various realms, so it fits with that: if there were, say a few more non-lizard slave girls in the village earlier and a few lines of dialogue somewhere explaining the situation that might help.

Finally, Krystal's ass *laughs*. I don't think it's the size really, it's more a problem of the coloration, shape and how it blends (or fails to) with the rest of her body. If we're referencing her original design, the loin-cloth (while she's wearing it) should actually cover her rear, only revealing the profile of her leg. Also, from what I can tell, her legs are pure blue all the way up, no white along the ass.

Other than that it seems like a solid release. No obvious bugs, runs well. Looks exactly like ver. .2 should.
Merek

Postby cowsgomoo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am

I know this may seem like a weird question but would it be possible to have his flash posted on a site instead of having to download it?
cowsgomoo

Postby Renara » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:23 am

cowsgomoo Wrote:I know this may seem like a weird question but would it be possible to have his flash posted on a site instead of having to download it?

If you use the alternate link listed on the page, then you can play it in your browser. I'm not really eager to have that as the default link though as it may have an impact on the web-host.

Merek Wrote:The new oral sex on Scales, for example, is significantly worse than before.

What don't you like about it? I tried to keep it true to the original, but with the aim of making it feel a little more boss-like. Unfortunately time constraints meant it isn't quite as polished as it could be I suppose.
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal