Updating/Upgrading old LOK stuff

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Updating/Upgrading old LOK stuff

Postby TEC11 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:25 am

I enjoy making edits in my free time and just recently started messing with swf files
My method involves using Sothink SWF Decompiler and importing assets to replace or piggyback preexisting shapes. The drawback to this is I can only work on a small scale replacing characters or items shape by shape and sometimes it's impossible to tell where anything goes. If someone has a better way of editing swf please let me know.

So I realized the form in many of the LOK games are very similar to eachother which means you can take the updated graphics of the newer animations and import them into the older animations to make them marginally less terrifying. On top of that, you can potentially even reskin your very own character to star in your favorite animation. I am currently using Corta's character template and other games to export files but as stated above it gets pretty hard to find all the necessary assets and keep organized. Perhaps when I get better at this I can even do customs or concentrate on polishing these games, but for now it would be greatly appreciated if someone can take up the task of sharing assets as sets rather than the bargain bin that is the swf shapes directory.

I am not finished reskinning this game but I thought it would be worth sharing the first animations I did finish. If you enjoy it, please consider supporting my work in the ways described above so I can push more out quicker with higher quality.
And without further ado, I present to you cum-faced samus
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LoK-samus-metroid.swf [ 6.49 MiB | Viewed 3336 times ]

TEC11
Newly Registered

Re: Updating/Upgrading old LOK stuff

Postby TheUnspoken » Fri May 19, 2017 12:53 am

There's something really satisfying about these old games. Glad to see them getting some attention.
TheUnspoken
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Good work, keep 'em coming!
napala

Postby rottingbasket » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 am

It's not often in these games you SEE the penetration taking place.

And seeing this in this, brings a tear to my eye.

nice work
rottingbasket
Newly Registered

Return to Legend of Krystal