Dedicated task master

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Dedicated task master

Postby Rauldelano » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:07 am

So I have been on this safe for at least 5 years and I think about every month I pop in and stare hopefully at the front page just waiting to see that a new Legend of Krystal is out. Now this isn't to say that we haven't had a real LOK release in around 2 years. But we haven't had a real LOK release in too long. While I understand that the original team has decided they are not able to continue with the releases on a regular schedule I was wondering if there is already a second team out there (team as in more than go repeat or terrantor) that is already working on the project. Because if so I would love to be able to set up a dedicated account on either social media or on this website that would give updates to anybody that is interested in seeing the game come to fruition or interested in progress on the game.
Rauldelano

Re: Dedicated task master

Postby Enkide » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 pm

Curious about this second team thing, how does that work out?
Enkide

Postby Rauldelano » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Essentially the first official team is still in place however they are not releasing any updated versions of the game for the moment. However after speaking to renara and eggplants they have given me the go ahead to try and set up a team that would be willing to start a constant working progress on a new LOK game and for it to be considered an official successor when it finishes. I will be posting a recruitment topic in both this thread and the creative corner thread in the coming weeks. If anyone is interested just send me a PM and we can see if you can help.
Rauldelano

Postby Enkide » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:52 am

Well you've peeked my interest, Although most I can offer is ideas. I have no Flash, and the most art program I have is Clip paint studios, and I'm working on writing.
Enkide

Postby ANooB » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:10 am

I'm all for this. Unfortunately it's been done before. Plenty of teams have tried to pick this project up only to crash and burn. I don't mean to discourage you, but LoK is just about dead and buried.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby ANooB » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:30 pm

I didn't mean to sound rude up there. I'm in high support for this. I'm just skeptical due to the history of side projects being so promising; and I've been here a while.

ANooB

Postby Enkide » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:20 pm

ANooB Wrote:I didn't mean to sound rude up there. I'm in high support for this. I'm just skeptical due to the history of side projects being so promising; and I've been here a while.

You have every right to be, it's sad how most of these projects fail due to rl
Enkide

Postby ANooB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 am

Yeah, also the fact that these types of games just aren't popular, so there's no real drive to make games for only a few people to appreciate it.

So what's the plan, Raul?

ANooB

Postby ACuddleyTeddy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 am

I honestly have never used flash before but would love to learn if you don't mind having a noob on the team! I also understand if you say no because you probably want someone with experience for this kind of up-taking. Either way I wish this project the best of luck!
ACuddleyTeddy
Newly Registered

Postby Randomizer4 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 am

I also wish this project the best of lok! (Best of lok? Get it? I'll see myself out now)
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:05 am

Sup, people. Sorry I've been absent. Been preoccupied with life and all. Lost my work on Lok, but that's ok. Anyways, I got a saying for LoK forums. If you fall off the grid, you better come back with something good.
Gotta thank Mr. Raul for his kind reach-out. Anyways, let's get to the nitty gritty.
What I have for you all is a very basic rebuild of Lok. I used my script fu to make it pretty simple to navigate and build on. Pretty much right now, just add frames using CS6(will export CS 5.5 if you guys want). Anyways, it's pretty efficient, memory-wise and it's begging for an artist's touch. Lemme know what you think. gonna probably begin sex animations since that's what you fellas really want. The fact that it's still being built is going to cause much chaos. I'd really like to finish the engine before you guys work. This is why I need to know some very basic features you guys want. I hate feature creep and I despise long projects, so keep it simple, fast and I'll have it done in a matter of weeks.
Also, need a dude to smooth out all those crappy jaggies since I'll be using stock playshapes models for dis.
W/o further adieu, le piez duh resistan :shock:

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

TheLegendofKrystal.swf [ 109.8 KiB | Viewed 2887 times ]

TheLegendofKrystal.rar
Da project
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
Terrantor!!!

Postby Enkide » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Sup, people. Sorry I've been absent. Been preoccupied with life and all. Lost my work on Lok, but that's ok. Anyways, I got a saying for LoK forums. If you fall off the grid, you better come back with something good.
Gotta thank Mr. Raul for his kind reach-out. Anyways, let's get to the nitty gritty.
What I have for you all is a very basic rebuild of Lok. I used my script fu to make it pretty simple to navigate and build on. Pretty much right now, just add frames using CS6(will export CS 5.5 if you guys want). Anyways, it's pretty efficient, memory-wise and it's begging for an artist's touch. Lemme know what you think. gonna probably begin sex animations since that's what you fellas really want. The fact that it's still being built is going to cause much chaos. I'd really like to finish the engine before you guys work. This is why I need to know some very basic features you guys want. I hate feature creep and I despise long projects, so keep it simple, fast and I'll have it done in a matter of weeks.
Also, need a dude to smooth out all those crappy jaggies since I'll be using stock playshapes models for dis.
W/o further adieu, le piez duh resistan :shock:

TheLegendofKrystal.swf

TheLegendofKrystal.rar

Nice
Enkide

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:39 am

Here's the update. Refined some anims:

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

TheLegendofKrystal.swf [ 120.4 KiB | Viewed 2841 times ]

Terrantor!!!

Postby napala » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Long time without a promising Krystal project ^_^

I can notice the improved walking animation. Good job.
What are W and S supposed to do?
napala

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey, thanks Apalapan. The W and S will toggle different stances. Right now I just have aggressive for fighting and seductress for sexual engagement. I also think a stealth stance would be cool but a little too much work.
Terrantor!!!

Postby napala » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:58 am

[quote="Terrantor!!!"for fighting.[/quote]

Woah, fighting? So this isn't just walk, point n' click? Neat!
napala

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Hopefully it'll go that well, but we'll see. Her pose and angle just aren't ideal for fighting so I'm just trying it on, right now.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Nikag » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:18 pm

ANooB Wrote:I'm all for this. Unfortunately it's been done before. Plenty of teams have tried to pick this project up only to crash and burn. I don't mean to discourage you, but LoK is just about dead and buried.
I didn't mean to sound rude up there. I'm in high support for this. I'm just skeptical due to the history of side projects being so promising; and I've been here a while.
Yeah, also the fact that these types of games just aren't popular, so there's no real drive to make games for only a few people to appreciate it.

I would say that main issue with 'resurrection' of LoK is that those, who try, do not really imagine the amount of efforts that were put into LoK by initial creator.
Assuming that all drawings, mechanics and animations were done by one person, I would say that game consumed several months of his work with 30-40h working week.

Nowadays flash decay as a platform, flash vector graphics and native flash animation (with all the corresponding freezes) is something that gets more and more obsolete each year. While internet bandwidth allow to make games with bitmap images of higher quality.

However 'these types' of games ARE popular, and I'm sure if Patreon ever existed when LoK was first created, we could have seen a huge and excited game
Nikag

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 am

Yeah I agree. Flash is going to die hard, I think. Adobe has even stated that they intend to keep flash as a first-rate citizen particularly for advertisement. Combined with the fact that so many people still love it, I see this as a sign that browser support will continue. As for performance, I am a firm believer in optimization and the only reason there are any problems with LoK is the fact that Playshapes probably didn't give a damn about curve count when he painted this stuff. I've already cut Krystal's curve count down to below 45% through optimization and manual curve deletions. And I'd say it runs pretty smooth in my demonstrations. Still working on Dino dude and haven't even started liz girl yet. If flash will be threatened, it'll be by android and apple; but I say no big loss as mobile gaming sucks, anyways. I'm not in this for profit, I haven't made a dime for any of my work. I build for people that want to enjoy these games and are willing to keep a somewhat outdated, sometimes screwed up media player on their PC's.
Terrantor!!!

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 pm

By the way what do you think about LoK game on Unity ? I am now cheking info and i hear that it is possible to convert flash animation to unity animation and etc.

Flash really start lugs when there are more then big 100 movie clips on the screen - main character is like 6 parts per legs / 6 per arms - 3 tail and etc - 20-30 movie clips.

I try to load it by the stage 3d - but it is really pain in the ass becouse it is realy hard to work with (harder then with standart movie clips).

If it is possible to use with out pain in the ass animation from flash in Unity - then may be make it in flash convert to unity with for example GAF media convertor (read about it for now). And use it with this.

Becouse flash is really cool tool for animation but if say true - it is not good for games it starts lug when there arte to many movie clips. May be it is possible to evoid it with unity or some thing else ?

What do you think ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Return to Legend of Krystal