would you vote for the man?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

would you want a male version of the legend.

yes
59%
no
17%
i dont give a shit
24%

Total votes : 59

would you vote for the man?

Postby toddymon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:59 am

since this question keeps circulating im just going to do this. would you. or would you not. want a game where a male is the main protaganist.
toddymon

Re: would you vote for the man?

Postby Acidrayne360 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:07 am

Well, that would be cool, playing as the male, it would open up some untried spin-offs...Maybe with link? ^_^ Maybe we could do a bad zelda type thing, but with our version of link?
For those who havent heard of bad zelda, then...Here? http://lu.scio.us/hentai/albums/bad-zelda_4/page/1
Acidrayne360

Postby toddymon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:10 am

well i think its fair to say that link has established a place in the project already. really im talking fox or wolf and yes link is on the list as well.

{ps. im not talking yaoi here guys. keep it straight}
toddymon

Postby Acidrayne360 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 am

Yeah, but you see, we got a big project with Krystal along with a side project that I've seen and a few projects with Samus, but I'm still waiting to see one with link, where you can walk around and stuff, like the others. Man, I gotta get some good software and learn some of this shit so I can do it myself, you know?
Acidrayne360

Postby toddymon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:23 am

i agree. i would make it myself if i knew anything about how to use flash. (which is why my thread stagnates). and all the other programmers are preoccupied so i dont see it happening at any point
toddymon

Postby Darek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

I chose the third option. I don't really care; as long as it doesn't delay the V0.3 of LoK too much. If it does, and if it subsequently leads to the delay of any future updates beyond V0.3 then I would prefer that the LoK team concentrate on the main game with Krystal.

Of course, if the LoK community themselves are interested in creating a male protagonist whilst the LoK team concentrates unhindered on V0.3 then I am all for it. Pooling all non-core resources to create a community-based side project would be rather nice.
Darek

Postby toddymon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:49 pm

it would be nice but will it happen. thats what im worried about. and really i didnt really expect the lok team to even give this the time of day. its just that in the past i havent seen anything even close to a game with a male protaganist here.
toddymon

Postby Renara » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Well like I kinda said in the other thread the game-engine should certainly be able to support it. Switching the main character for a male one should be extremely easy, the real problem is in the available animations, but even then LoK should have a fair amount of content that can be re-used, as you're just reversing the roles so that the main character is being inserted into one of the male roles, which shouldn't be too difficult a switch if I'm doing my job right.

So it should be fairly easy to build a gender reversed version for several large chunks of the game, the rest would require new content or bigger changes (swapping larger characters for smaller ones that you have scenes for etc.) to convert the rest. So it's do-able, and I think there's interest for gay content which'll need to cover many of these hurdles as well, but they can easily build upon each other's content. I don't want to make out that it'll be easy or anything, but we're doing our best to make it possible for a determined individual or a few semi-determined individuals to do..
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Acidrayne360 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:52 am

But gay stuff is so...Gay... :lol:
(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...I'm immature like that.)
Acidrayne360

Postby toddymon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:44 am

im accepting of gay but id rather not see it. like acidrayne said its just so...gay. but its fine with me if it was limited (or if there was a choice as to wether you want it} in game. im fairly open minded.
toddymon

Postby Renara » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 pm

toddymon Wrote:im accepting of gay but id rather not see it. like acidrayne said its just so...gay. but its fine with me if it was limited (or if there was a choice as to wether you want it} in game. im fairly open minded.

Well, we've been over this plenty of times before; if gay content does surface enough that we can viably include it, then it'll be slapped behind the content filter so you won't ever encounter it unless you want to. My point though was that it seems likely that someone will develop a gay variation of the game, or spin-off or whatever, and this will have many similar challenges to creating a gender-swapped version, and both projects could potentially build off of each other as a result.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby toddymon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:38 pm

yeah i can understand that. worrying about it is pointless really since i know its already solved. so yeah. thanks.
toddymon

Postby T4KPhantom » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 pm

i got my gamecube out for the first time in a few years and played the game geist (not very known) but making a game based on that would make a good game, because in geist you this guy who has some weird experiment done to him that sort of takes his soul out of his body and can possess men or women....and random objects such as bed sheets and TVs, well if this was a H-game you would be able to do alot due to the 'possess anything' concept not just go round raping random people :D .

but just my idea im no good at art or programming so i wouldn't be able to help in anyway apart from telling you the storyline of the original game
sexy sexy tail
T4KPhantom

Return to Legend of Krystal