Drawing Suggestions?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: Drawing Suggestions?

Postby Meyi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:00 pm

:shock: oh nice! that looks a lot more like a home than the earlier version. Excellent job! :D
Meyi

Postby Unholy Sonic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Epic room is epic, good job!!
Unholy Sonic

Postby Oakleaf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 pm

I was a little bored so I started drawing while waiting for answers. Here's a sketch of General Scales, my fav in the LoK game x) I'll probably make a better version of him once the room is complete, but now you know which character I'll make my own interpretation of x) And yes, he has testicles. Some like 'em, some don't. I'm one of those people that likes them and this is my interpretation. It's not logical etc, but anthropomorphs aren't logical to begin with so it's just a matter of taste, just like the pubic hair x) He is a bit... skinny in this sketch, something I will probably fix in the other picture. He's supposed to have a more muscular body imo x)
Attachments
Scales.jpg
Weey~
"You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Oakleaf

Postby Xananos » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:17 pm

He is WAY too skinny. In game he's at least four feet wide all the way down.
Xananos

Postby Oakleaf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Well, I don't want him to be canon-bulky because he's a bit too wall-shaped in the games imo x) But nevertheless he's too skinny, it's a flaw I have when drawing quickly.
Oakleaf

Postby MrBear » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Oak omg that room is amazing. I love the little lizard girl picture you did on the wall. Why not changed the LoK - Welcome to be on the table cloth instead of the rug since you cant see it?
MrBear

Postby Acidrayne360 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 am

Oakleaf Wrote:I was a little bored so I started drawing while waiting for answers. Here's a sketch of General Scales, my fav in the LoK game x) I'll probably make a better version of him once the room is complete, but now you know which character I'll make my own interpretation of x) And yes, he has testicles. Some like 'em, some don't. I'm one of those people that likes them and this is my interpretation. It's not logical etc, but anthropomorphs aren't logical to begin with so it's just a matter of taste, just like the pubic hair x) He is a bit... skinny in this sketch, something I will probably fix in the other picture. He's supposed to have a more muscular body imo x)

Lmao, he's got a bit of a...Plumbing problem...
Acidrayne360

Postby Oakleaf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:53 am

Haha thanks MrBear, I hoped that someone would notice the picture x) Yes, that's a great idea! I will get to it if it gets approved by the team members :)

Haha indeed Acidrayne. It's because in the LoK game he is extremely -to use the parlance of our time- well-hung. I just depicted his existing size x)

Edit: Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Creative Corner?
Oakleaf

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:38 am

This room is an improvement for sure over the original but it still feels kinda cramped for a bedroom you know? I'm not sure how to make it more spacious other than making it the size of say two screens rather than one, but working with the limitations you were given, this is a great job i think, I look forward to what the other team members have to say.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Eggplants » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:32 am

wow that room looks fantastic! I absolutely love the new feel you gave to it because it's nice to see something with a welcoming feel as to the regular "everything is going to rape you" feel, and dare I say it, it actually looks rather cute :P
it is still small but I guess that would only be a problem if you make it a problem because you could easily just say they're just an outdoorsy kind of race so big homes are unnecessary.
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby Oakleaf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 am

Trunks: Yeah, I can see why you would think of it like that. It IS kinda small, but I wasn't sure whether it was going to be a hassle later on if I redrew the size or not, so I just redrew it with the same size x) Thanks for the feedback man! I also think that it looks more cramped since it isn't colored, the lines look like they are "all over the place", if you get me. I think that coloring it will keep things apart better x)
Eggplants: Thank you, it warms the heart to hear such compliments!
Oakleaf

Postby pToon-T » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:55 am

Lets start out with the room "o hi doggy", I'm not sure, but it seems to me that you've tried to stay as close to the original images as you can, and this might be to blame for some of the things I don't like about the piece, as it stands it looks to Orthographic, and I think we will be going for something with a lite more perspective. as trunks said the room is a bit cramped, some suggestions on how to fix some of it.
paintOver_Room.jpg
paintOver_Room.jpg (142.24 KiB) Viewed 3753 times

as for Scales, technically you seem to have a decent understanding of anatomy, although his head could use a little more structure, your rendering is good be it a little flat, over all a good piece. esthetically, him being so lanky he looks more like a minion, and he doesn't seem as imposing, but good stuff. that reminds me I should really redo my General Scales.
pToon-T
LoK Team Member

Postby MrBear » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 am

Lol yeah when I first saw the General Scales pic I was like, I didnt know Sharpclaws actually had a glad on their hand.
MrBear

Postby Oakleaf » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Hm.. I see. Yes, I didn't know exactly how much of an "own" interpretation I was allowed to do, so I figured it would be best to stick so close to the original as possible x) I see what you mean, and I'll try to rework it like you described :) Thanks for the feedback man!

Oh and yes, thanks about the feedback on Scales as well. It's just a sketch so please don't think that he represents the top of my abilities, but still... Even sketches need critique x)

PS. Good you kept the couch-bed-thingie in the background. I love those x)
Oakleaf

Postby Oakleaf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Sorry about the delays guys, but I'm working on this again now. Just a quickie, PToon; Could you tell me how you made that smooth lineart of yours? Mine is killing me x)
Oakleaf

Postby pToon-T » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:10 pm

There are a couple of things that allows me to get cleaner lines, firs I tray getting the line in one stroke, if I'm having a hard time getting the line I want I undo till I get some thing that is close enough and go over it with the eraser, I draw at double or triple rez, so when it's scaled down the mistakes aren't as apparent and the lines seem crisper, and having a Cintique doesn't hurt.
pToon-T
LoK Team Member

Postby Boomer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Your rooms are great. scales, not so much, kind of scrawny, especially the legs, but way better than what I can make so keep up the good work
Dude what the fuck are you doing here? I have no idea what so ever so leave me alone and let me return to my pathetic loserness.
Boomer

Postby Oakleaf » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks, Ptoon.

....should I continue with this room, even? Now that you uploaded yours..? On the other hand I could continue with it and upload it? It's so far from your idea of a starting room that I think it could tag along as another room now, eh? What do you think?
Oakleaf

Postby Oakleaf » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks, Ptoon.

....should I continue with this room, even? Now that you uploaded yours..? On the other hand I could continue with it and upload it? It's so far from your idea of a starting room that I think it could tag along as another room now, eh? What do you think?
Oakleaf

Postby pToon-T » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Finish the room, redraw it, or start a new one, it is your choice, I just want to see a finished environment from you.
pToon-T
LoK Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal