What happened to Kalypso?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

What happened to Kalypso?

Postby hididilly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 pm

My most epic apologies as I have been absent for a while and have just caught up with everything. But I sense a massive lack of Kalypso up in this bitch, so just out of curiosity, what happened?
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
hididilly

Re: What happened to Kalypso?

Postby Valentine » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Who knows, he just stopped posting one day.
“Grilled cheese. Grill me a cheese.”
“I’m not grilling you a cheese.”
Valentine

Postby Csbears » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:47 am

He got on his computer one day...thought to himself "Fuck it" and never came back...my best guess is that the arguments with the other dev members ( predominately trunks in the posts we see ( i cant say the same for the dev forum) ) and he Ra- Ra- Raaaaged. They took in another ( epic ) artist to cover for the loss of Kaly.
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:35 am

Kal was never suppose to be doing the artwork anyways, he was just suppose to color and convert the character sheets into vectors. It was vixen tamer we originally wanted as our artist, he quit, so we got Ptoon later down the line. You'd think Kal would still be around since the pressure to do all the art had been lifted from his shoulders. I dunno why he quit to be honest, it was probably the disagreements on the direction we wanted things to go. I can't go into details but last things Kal was really posting, was me and him talking to Ren about some of the game mechanics.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby haloman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:01 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Kal was never suppose to be doing the artwork anyways, he was just suppose to color and convert the character sheets into vectors. It was vixen tamer we originally wanted as our artist, he quit, so we got Ptoon later down the line. You'd think Kal would still be around since the pressure to do all the art had been lifted from his shoulders. I dunno why he quit to be honest, it was probably the disagreements on the direction we wanted things to go. I can't go into details but last things Kal was really posting, was me and him talking to Ren about some of the game mechanics.

aw man that sux... i loved his old work
Finishing the fight... one Confetti blast headshot at a time
haloman

Postby toddymon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 am

aw. i liked him. its too bad he left.
toddymon

Postby hididilly » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:17 am

Ok, thanks guys. I've just been a-wondering.
hididilly

Postby Renara » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

toddymon Wrote:aw. i liked him. its too bad he left.

Well we don't even know for sure if he has left as he hasn't actually said anything, or replied to PMs, e-mails etc., I mean it could just be the silent treatment but I know I would have liked to actually know for sure. I mean for all we know it could be health related, a failed computer, his return to college/university or any number of things.

Call me an optimist but I'd like to see him back someday, but in the mean time pToon-T has quite happily taken over and is doing a great job!
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Eggplants » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Well you're not alone. It's just strange that he'd just all of a sudden disappear because to me he's either VERY good at the silent treatment or something's happened, for all I care I just hope it was something he can return from like going to jail or something :(
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby Eggplants » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 am

I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby Csbears » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:40 am

He was the guy that basically moderated the forum from day to day (along with trunks based on the frequency of both of their posts) since i joined this forum months ago...the go to guy with tidbit hints, a fairly positive attitude, and as far as i can tell,, the community rallied behind him. He was eager to hand out some cool shit to the community on a fairly daily bases. He left / went off the radar screen about a month ago and nobody has herd from him since. Your a new comer so I wouldn't expect you to know him right off the bat, but if you are interested in the type of person he is / was id look in the previous threads for his numerous postings. Not too long ago Eb posted what he was working on in a thread named like..."Kaly's scrapped work" or something...id look into that.

In short, from what i know of him, He was a fairly cool dude.
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby BananaBread » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:15 am

He got overwhelmed by the workload and quit... or got hit by a car. Either or.
BananaBread

Postby Acidrayne360 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm

._. I'd be happy to be a part of this if I had the skills, which don't seem all THAT hard to learn, but I'm sure there is more to it than meets the eye.
But considering this Kalypso's skills (He wouldn't be on the LoK team if he wasn't skilled, right?) I'm sure he is probably just...I dunno, in the hospital? Let's be optimistic about this! ^_^
Acidrayne360

Postby hididilly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Csbears Wrote: Your a new comer so I wouldn't expect you to know him right off the bat...

Just quickly gunna say I've been a lurk-member since before you got here mate. I just fail to pay attention. Anywho thanks for that info, I didn't know all that. Sucks that he's gone, he had awesome work.
hididilly

Postby LiKrySo412 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 am

And for some reason... i noticed that kalypso was online yesterday...
LiKrySo412

Postby nemesis_infernal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 am

Yep, me too... just for a second though... well, I don't know, maybe he logged off the same time i logged in...
I like your style,
I like your class,
But most of all,
I like your ass.
nemesis_infernal

Postby Nightmenace » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:57 pm

k hes not dead thats a good start :D maybe hes back??
Nightmenace

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 pm

He's lurking around, if he wants to explain his absence, I'll let him post it himself, for now though he's mostly just keeping an eye on things and passed the torch onto ptoon-t.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Kalypso » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:25 am

What he said. ^
Oh yeah, I'm back.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Nightmenace » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 am

WELCOME BACK lol r u still doing work for LoK btw?
Nightmenace

Next

Return to Legend of Krystal