So, how's it going?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

So, how's it going?

Postby Surskit » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:38 pm

I thought about asking this in The Plan 2.0, but decided if the thread goes the way I hope it might, new members would find the information more easily this way.

I'll expand on what I'm asking: How's the project coming along? I think we all (at least those who have read the plan) don't expect a release date any time soon. And asking for more sneak-peeks and teasers would ruin it in the long run. So, without spoiling any of the LoK goodness, how has it progressed?

Have you formulated a complete storyline for v0.3?
Like the Castaways thread, were there many aspects of the game you can share that were heavily considered and then scrapped?
Is it mainly the tedious task of coding the rest of the game that's become an obstacle?
Any notable submissions to the project? (Even ones that were made as a joke)

Bare in mind, I'm not asking any of this expecting each/any of those particular questions to be answered, but to streamline the response.
Disclaimer: Should I ever choose to give criticism on anything, give it an hour- I will undoubtedly change the message several times before then.
Surskit

Re: So, how's it going?

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:44 pm

1. sort of, we have the overall plot laid out by now, we just need to fine tune some details, what we'll have for version 3 storyline wise though is fully planned out with the exception of some small things, like dialog choices.
2. don't even get me started on game mechanics you have no idea....
3.no, there's a lot more work left to do than just coding.
4.not really at this point in the game as far as i know except for sloppy seconds i think. someone else from the team can double check on this question.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Haldor » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Whenever i'm making a game I always find coding the easy bit, and so often forget to do all the other bits and make everything ovals and rectangles XD
"We could just... run away?"
Haldor

Postby Surskit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:42 am

Cool, so once the story is completed the game goes to v1.0, meaning there's probably not going to many major revisions post v0.3, right?

And game mechanics are getting completely overhauled? Now that I think about it, reading the various threads it sounded like most of the ideas were more of an add-on to what's there. Which seems messy. A new foundation in v0.3 alone makes me want to see this game.

Good luck you guys, I'll be lurking. If I catch any questions that tend to persist despite being answered, I'll quote the question and the answer if I can find that as well into this thread.
Disclaimer: Should I ever choose to give criticism on anything, give it an hour- I will undoubtedly change the message several times before then.
Surskit

Postby Csbears » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:31 am

The few scenes I've seen with the new engine (i think...) is a world away from the blocky sudden jerks up to this point...it makes the upcoming v0.3 (and later the full v1.0) the end all fap all go to animated game of all time and it will be the second coming of our lord and savior, Raptor Jesus. Lets all praise his good name and the good name of these awesome people devoting time to such a task. From the ideas being pooled together on here this game (in later installments) will have multiple endings, multiple sex scenes from countless "partners", "Set Back Scenes", and...just everything you can think of comes in a variety pack of goodness. I have so much hope for this game, so much so, that I'm lactating hope all over myself ( and imma dude, lolz ( got that from Lewis Blacks special ) ).
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby Blank » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:09 pm

After Csbear's speech there I would just like to say thank you to the LoK team and the members for all the great work I've seen, and I am sorry I have not provided anything to the site but I'm not an artist and I have no clue how to work flash XD
Blank

Return to Legend of Krystal