Ruby: Krystal's Sister

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Ruby: Krystal's Sister

Postby Arisaka » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:00 am

How she looks now.
Story: She was probably separated at birth from Krystal and grew up on Corneria instead.

How she would've looked in an alternate history.
Story: She grew up with Krystal until the destruction of their home planet, Cerinia, separated them from each other.
Arisaka

Re: Ruby: Krystal's Sister

Postby Mr.Elefant » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 pm

It's amazing how a natural environment can change one's bust.
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby Atemisc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Yyyyeeeah, no. I like her WAY more the way she already was. I don't think we need an edit of Krystal. Not to be a dick or anything. Just saying. It's a bit of an unoriginal idea. If they threw her in, she should really just look like she already does. Way cuter that way. Of course, it may just be that I'm a sucker for girls in glasses.
Atemisc

Postby Kalypso » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Now, is this original art, Arisaka? An edit? Or just something you found?
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 pm

That's Mariano's art. He's done a lot of Starfox stuff on Dr. Comet's site (Kemono Island) go check it out sometime, he also has a little art blog put up by his fans and does a lot of successive comic ideas. He enjoys women more on the muscular side but I'm not complaining.
Malcanthet

Postby DemonFiren » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:55 pm

Mariano? Isn't he on FA as well? And, by the way, I lost the link to the DrComet site. History gone.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Sainiku » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:56 pm

DemonFiren Wrote:Mariano? Isn't he on FA as well? And, by the way, I lost the link to the DrComet site. History gone.

http://kr.sakura.ne.jp/~kemono/
"Whatever. I'll just eat you up. Bones and all!" -Juri
Sainiku

Postby DemonFiren » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Ay, merci!
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Eggplants » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 am

I'm with Atemisc on this but just because without the glasses and formal look she seems a little too similar to Krystal and well I guess I just like to have some good variety in my female characters you know?
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby Arisaka » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 am

Well of course she seems a little too similar to Krystal: She could possibly be her twin sister.
The only differences are that she has long hair and pink-purple fur.
Arisaka

Postby Atemisc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:43 am

Except I would never see her as being related to Krystal in any way. Same as saying she's related to Katt because both of them have pink fur. It's just not happenin'.
Atemisc

Postby Kalypso » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 am

Because the work wasn't created by Arisaka, I've moved the thread to Discussion.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Abadipwah » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm

To be frank, Arisaka, your rationale does not stand. There are plenty of reasons that might explain why the unknown vixen (whom I refuse to call Ruby because it's silly) looks similar to Krystal. One is that they are both female foxes, and thus are naturally inclined to look alike, by at least some degree. Another is that they are both female foxes in a game world that so far has only shown the existence of one. It is highly possible, given the similar appearance of the vixens' chestpieces in that game, that Namco just modified a model of Krystal to have different hair and whatnot—a decision with actual credence, considering the red vixen is a miniscule set piece, and thus doesn't warrant very much attention.

Additionally, in the Star Fox continuity, there is simply no reason for Krystal to have a sister—certainly not a non-playable one, at least, as a news anchor would most likely be. Her background has not been looked in to, and with the way the plot of the Star Fox universe has been progressing, I suspect it will remain that way; Krystal is far more interested in her future with Fox at this point (or Panther, depending what continuity you prefer) than in the past.
Abadipwah

Postby UserN4meTak3n » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Purple pussy power? Shweeet.
UserN4meTak3n

Postby DemonFiren » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:23 pm

Kat's enough to satisfy your needs.
DemonFiren

Postby Atemisc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Pink =/= Purple.
But yeah. Katt's way better and more original than a pink version of Krystal.
Atemisc

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Pink = very bright purple. Gotcha!
DemonFiren

Postby kuja » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Hmm, maybe Ruby can be a Sharpclaw prisoner in a deep n dark dungeon... maybe Krystal do "something" 2 save her... i can feel it... LOL xD
Last edited by kuja on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kuja

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Oh, come on. Why should she be a prisoner if she can just talk the shit she has to in front of the tv cams? No need to travel to foreign planets. Born on Corneria, will die on Corneria.
DemonFiren

Postby Renara » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 pm

DemonFiren Wrote:Oh, come on. Why should she be a prisoner if she can just talk the shit she has to in front of the tv cams? No need to travel to foreign planets. Born on Corneria, will die on Corneria.

She could easily have gone to Sauria to report on the alleged increase in SharpClaw activity, and ends up finding out for herself first-hand? Not saying either way if she'll ever appear in game, just pointing out it's not exactly hard to write a character like her in :P

I'd be curious to know if there are any sources that actually describe the character in the broadcast as being named Ruby in the first place, or more specifically as her being Krystal's sister, I haven't seen anything like that.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Next

Return to Legend of Krystal