Boss encounter

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Boss encounter

Postby Walkhor » Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey there, I don't think I saw any treads about boss encounters, what boss there should be in the game, and how would the scenes look, be presented, etc. I came accross a lil game that might be fun to use for inspiration http://www.funny-games.biz/queen-hunt.html. It has a lot of stuff I don'T like but I like the general idea of having many options for actions and outcome. I am not sure if its fitable or not, but still tough it might be good to talk about it and see where it leads. ((forgive my english, it might be a be screwy as it's not my native ))
Walkhor
Newly Registered

Re: Boss encounter

Postby lollucho » Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 am

i played that game its a good source
lollucho
Newly Registered

Postby Crossbow1701 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 am

any way to get this into a download form?
Crossbow1701

Postby Walkhor » Mon May 31, 2010 4:15 am

I was not able to download it. It download stuff from the web between each scene I think, but I don't know that much about all that yet. I mostly posted it because I tough it could be a nice exemple of what boss encounter could be like as they are more interactive. Maybe someone here could know how to download it if its doable tough. I think that aside from boss encounter, it might also be a good way to introduce some caracter, like ditto maybe :)

Now, what caracters could be used as bosses / would you guys like to have in the game? and how should the scenes look like? Should there be mini-bosses?
Walkhor
Newly Registered

Postby Kalypso » Mon May 31, 2010 4:19 am

Crossbow1701 Wrote:any way to get this into a download form?

I found a link, and it can be downloaded HERE.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby zekameka » Mon May 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Great game, from the maker of "victims of forest monster" series , also great game. Would be great to have something like this in LOK :P

my fav http://swfchan.com/11/51105/?victims-of ... part-2.swf
zekameka

Postby Crossbow1701 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Kalypso Wrote:
Crossbow1701 Wrote:any way to get this into a download form?

I found a link, and it can be downloaded HERE.

Thank you sir.
Crossbow1701

Postby Kalypso » Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Crossbow1701 Wrote:Thank you sir.

You are quite welcome. ^^
zekameka Wrote:Great game, from the maker of "victims of forest monster" series , also great game. Would be great to have something like this in LOK :P

This was actually stolen from the actual creators by GamesOfDesire (and it's not the first time they've stolen someone's work and put their label on it--that's why I don't like them. I can't even abbreviate GamesOfDesire because this is what it looks like: "GoD." Ugh. Here's the actual game they stole from, which is, ironically, a lot better and has all the characters, unlike the rip: Blue Jellyfish in Forest & Electric Jellyfish Battle.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Walkhor » Mon May 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey thanks for the download link Kalypso :)

I had an idea for a boss that might be fun to add. You developper guys seems to want to keep it to video game caracters, so how about Dr Willy from the old Mega man serie? I would'nt make a chapter with him tough, instead, he can pop un announced here and there to trigger traps, or unleash a vilain on Krystal, maybe he is the one who created Ditto too ...

Speaking of Ditto, she could be used a little like that doggy in the mega man games, she could learn tricks along the way, maybe even be used as cloths for Krystal, adding different outfits as she meet them, and she could gain some abilities as she encounter them.
Walkhor
Newly Registered

Postby Mr.Elefant » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 am

I thought that the boss encounters would have some sort of challenge to them. They are Bosses after all.
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby Crossbow1701 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:22 am

Kalypso Wrote:
Crossbow1701 Wrote:Thank you sir.

You are quite welcome. ^^
zekameka Wrote:Great game, from the maker of "victims of forest monster" series , also great game. Would be great to have something like this in LOK :P

This was actually stolen from the actual creators by GamesOfDesire (and it's not the first time they've stolen someone's work and put their label on it--that's why I don't like them. I can't even abbreviate GamesOfDesire because this is what it looks like: "GoD." Ugh. Here's the actual game they stole from, which is, ironically, a lot better and has all the characters, unlike the rip: Blue Jellyfish in Forest & Electric Jellyfish Battle.

even though it's not that important any way to beat the mage on the electric jellyfish one?
Crossbow1701

Postby dandan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:28 am

instead of blocking her attacks you need to do.... nothing. Just stop and let the circles dissapear on their own
in fact, it only hurts if you attack. She's the hardest to properly beat since she has very small hit boxes for her clothes, though.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
dandan

Postby zekameka » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm

actually heres the site of the creator , you can find faqs on the games and buy them.

http://pubis.x.fc2.com/
zekameka

Postby Renara » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Crossbow1701 Wrote:even though it's not that important any way to beat the mage on the electric jellyfish one?

On the title screen all of the characters have places you can click on them to just skip to the scenes, hit tab if you have trouble finding them :)
Is my main complaint; while the scenes are all good fun, I really hate the gameplay!
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Sainiku » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Crossbow1701 Wrote:even though it's not that important any way to beat the mage on the electric jellyfish one?

If memory serves me correctly, you have to avoid the attacks instead of blocking them. That may have been the cleric though...
"Whatever. I'll just eat you up. Bones and all!" -Juri
Sainiku

Return to Legend of Krystal