Changing the outfits to match her alignment? NOW WITH PICS

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Changing the outfits to match her alignment? NOW WITH PICS

Postby Xananos » Sat May 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I was thinking that, since it has become a widely popular idea that Krystal should have a sexual/moral alignment, should her outfits not reflect that also? For example at every "boss battle", there could be two ways to handle the situation, sluttily or willingly, or purely or unwillingly. If Krystal is doing the General Scales boss, if she is a slut, her flight suit could be modified to better fit her alignment choice. When he pulls down her top, he could keep it, and tie it around her tail and attach it to a rip in the back of her suit, acting like tail bondage. It wouldn't necessarily be impossible to implement, since only the boss fights would have these changes, and the system would be linear. One slutty and one pure action results in the original suit, not a slutty piece and a pure piece combined.

Or, instead of having the boss him(them,her,its)self(selves), it could just be a little popup description box along the lines of "Because of the way you handled that situation, [name] has changed/destroyed your outfits or fixed your outfits/freed you from bondage. I haven't really thought that part through too much.

Here are a few more ideas for the changes themselves:

Flight Suit:

Slutty: Tail bondage, bigger and more rips in the suit, maybe at full slutty she's in some kind of slingshot swimsuit knockoff like this http://openarena.ws/fsfps/sucnewpal.png, with perhaps a bit more decoration. Strings across her chest, strappy heels like the lizard girls have.

Pure: Not much really to say about this. The flight suit seems better suited to the slutty character path, like the loin cloth seems better suited to the pure path (bear with me). However, she could just add a bomber jacket or other less form-fitting covers to make herself less attractive to her assailants.

Loin Cloth:

Slutty: The main things I could see here would be having Krystal wear the loin cloth piece sideways, for easy access, and maybe replacing the cups of her top.

Pure: This works better for purity than the Flight Suit, because she can wrap her loin cloth up into a pair of short-shorts, which is a lot less revealing than the previous. At full purity she could be in anything from fully clothed, to wearing priestess's robes.

Naked:
Naked should just be naked. Cum is plenty of decoration as it is.

If anyone else has any suggestions or can see some glaring problems with this, I'd love to know.

I has example pics (Done in MSPAINT and containing no Krystal, because I think everyone here would appreciate it if I didn't turn them off of her forever. :P)
Attachments
slutrobe.jpg
Hideous drawing. Nipple, bellybutton and clit piercings strung together to her collar. Loin cloth worn sideways, bra emphasizes rather than hides.
slutrobe.jpg (93.64 KiB) Viewed 7476 times
slutflight.jpg
Ripped flight suit, with creative alteration on the part of the bosses, ends with a corseted-looking slingshot.
purepriest.jpg
Just replaces the outfit. I would assume grows from the loin cloth with each boss.
pureflight.jpg
Goes over flight suit, perhaps? Maybe just bomber jacket.
Xananos

Re: Changing the outfits to match her alignment? NOW WITH PI

Postby Mr.Elefant » Sat May 22, 2010 6:59 pm

How about instead of having these major-ish changes, her outfit could be changed little by little depending on the choices.
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby Xananos » Sat May 22, 2010 7:01 pm

It is little by little. Maybe I didn't phrase it right. That is the end product for all four. As in, Endgame outfits, not necessarily something you will see for a significant duration of the game.
Xananos

Postby trunks2585 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 pm

i don't really agree with this idea, as that takes away from the point of having multiple outfits if what you wear is going to be dictated by your allignment, and i think it was actually the other way around that it was going to work. the outfits you choose to wear would contribute to her slutty/innocent alignment.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Kalypso » Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 pm

I agree with Trunks here--I also think that the main premise of the outfits themselves are to look sexy and make the player "happy" no matter what they're wearing. Whether it's a sewage-bound leather decaying slave wear or sexy lingerie, I want it to be a turn on. Now, in a way, a progressive hierarchy of outfit achievement is the closest thing that you can find to your idea, so as you move forward in the game, you get outfits that are sexier than the ones before--but that's only logical in any game that you get better stuff as you move on.
Two of your slutty outfits are slightly similar to an extremely simplified idea that I've been thinking of a slutty outfit that you'd get at some point in the game, and the second outfit is a basic idea to the shape of something I've been thinking of as well. But the achievement of outfits will go for however you choose to play.

Though, we do very much encourage ideas, we haven't been getting very many new suggestions too the game, so I'm glad you posted this :)
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Xananos » Sat May 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I'm ecstatic to hear that my slutty outfits exist in some incarnation, and I totally understand why the alignment-based outfits wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I hadn't really seen anything to suggest she would have an abundance of costumes, so I thought I'd bring it up.
Xananos

Postby Atemisc » Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Also takes away from the fact that I already designed a Sharpclaw outfit for her that I was hoping to see in the game.
Atemisc

Postby DemonFiren » Sun May 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Hm. Should I ask you now for a description of the outfit you have in mind, or is it pointless AND belongs into the creacorner section?
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Xananos » Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 pm

My questions exactly.
Xananos

Postby Kalypso » Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm

DemonFiren Wrote:Hm. Should I ask you now for a description of the outfit you have in mind, or is it pointless AND belongs into the creacorner section?

He's drawn a couple of outfits, they start with the sketch below and continue in separated posts.
Atem's Outfits begin here.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby DemonFiren » Sun May 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks, then.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Atemisc » Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Yeah, I like that Sharpclaw outfit a lot. Really hope to see that in the game. REALLY hope to see it.
*Nudges Kal.*
Rrrrreeeeaaaallllllyyyy wanna' see it in the game. ._.
Atemisc

Postby Kalypso » Mon May 24, 2010 12:05 am

Atemisc Wrote:Yeah, I like that Sharpclaw outfit a lot. Really hope to see that in the game. REALLY hope to see it.
*Nudges Kal.*
Rrrrreeeeaaaallllllyyyy wanna' see it in the game. ._.

Well, I can tell you two things. One, you'll be a little disappointed, and two, I hope that you'll be a bit gratified at the same time.
I don't want to make you wait and find out if your outfit made the release--and I can quote what I've already said without being a teasing. I've been trying to break a bad habit, sue me :/
Kalypso Wrote:Most [outfits] will end up being edited in order to fit the games style.

That and for v0.3, I've been making all original outfits, well... original. If I reference, I change a lot of things in order to make it LoK. I hate to say it this way because it sounds so harsh, but--no, yours isn't going to be used--though, the elements of your outfit contributed greatly to an outfit of equal merit.
Because you've helped us out, and didn't already say it, I'd like to just personally say thanks, it helped me and the team out immensely. :3
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Atemisc » Mon May 24, 2010 1:03 am

Aaaawww... I wanted it in. T^T
Oh well. Maybe the outfit you speak of will be equally awesome for my viewing pleasure. lol
Atemisc

Postby UserN4meTak3n » Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 am

Will Krystal end end with huge armor to match her large T & A? Like human female pally armors in WoW have?
UserN4meTak3n

Postby Xananos » Tue May 25, 2010 3:31 am

Unless there is a fatal chink in her armor it seems unlikely that she will wear something not easily removed or torn.
Xananos

Postby trunks2585 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 am

not to mention how many games in general give females the 'chainmail bikini' treatment, apparently only their private parts are their vunerable spots. oddly enough that's actually the case with this game.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Tue May 25, 2010 11:26 am

Plus she needs something easy to clean! :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby DemonFiren » Tue May 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Nothing's more difficult to clean than wet fur.
DemonFiren

Postby Xananos » Tue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Well, wet fur is easier to clean than having to roll a chainmail loin cloth around in a barrel full of sand for two hours to get the cum out of it.
Xananos

Next

Return to Legend of Krystal