what happened to krystal?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: what happened to krystal?

Postby ronpepper » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 am

I half expected the lizardmen to show up and start ripping the wings off for kicks, but I guess that part has yet to be fully fleshed out. I like the sprite for the most part. Love the clouds, texture and color are right where they need to be to be believable.

Are we thinking of putting those terrible two-dicked werewolves in this version? I gotta say a switch up from the lizardmen at some point would be welcome, they have been done since forever.

Heck we could have werewolves drop out of the sky, rip off the wings, they crash land, the werewolves get all jacked up, but.. since it's not silver, they regenerate.. meanwhile, Krystal and Fox make a run for it but are separated in the chaos... Krystal winds up in the Lizardman camp, Fox, however, nowhere to be found.
ronpepper

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 pm

ronpepper Wrote:I half expected the lizardmen to show up and start ripping the wings off for kicks, but I guess that part has yet to be fully fleshed out. I like the sprite for the most part. Love the clouds, texture and color are right where they need to be to be believable.

Are we thinking of putting those terrible two-dicked werewolves in this version? I gotta say a switch up from the lizardmen at some point would be welcome, they have been done since forever.

Heck we could have werewolves drop out of the sky, rip off the wings, they crash land, the werewolves get all jacked up, but.. since it's not silver, they regenerate.. meanwhile, Krystal and Fox make a run for it but are separated in the chaos... Krystal winds up in the Lizardman camp, Fox, however, nowhere to be found.

Lol, thx. As for how she crash lands, we don't have to do the kamikaze lizardmen. we can just have her run out of fuel or something more real. And I'd love to include as many enemies as possible, I'm thinking we can just make a bunch of animations of krystal being fucked by ghosts and kinda inserting different enemies into position, for a more dynamic fuck feel. That'll be up to Dactyl, though. I'll go over game mechanics with you when you're all in as a collaborator. So keep in touch. :)
Terrantor!!!

Postby IrrelevantComment » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:08 pm

I have been messing around with LoK too. Let me know what you think:
(I know that the scenery doesn't match up properly, I just threw it together to test a scrolling background)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Legend of Krystal.swf [ 822.63 KiB | Viewed 6558 times ]

IrrelevantComment

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
ronpepper Wrote:I half expected the lizardmen to show up and start ripping the wings off for kicks, but I guess that part has yet to be fully fleshed out. I like the sprite for the most part. Love the clouds, texture and color are right where they need to be to be believable.

Lol, thx. As for how she crash lands, we don't have to do the kamikaze lizardmen. we can just have her run out of fuel or something more real. And I'd love to include as many enemies as possible, I'm thinking we can just make a bunch of animations of krystal being fucked by ghosts and kinda inserting different enemies into position, for a more dynamic fuck feel. That'll be up to Dactyl, though. I'll go over game mechanics with you when you're all in as a collaborator. So keep in touch. :)

I'll animate with any character as long as I can figure out how the fuck to convert my krystal into movie clips to replace your model.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:53 am

Question. What happened to using the different model from Area52?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Question. What happened to using the different model from Area52?

I made an attempt to break that one down multiple times to assemble a sprite of her. It kept crashing my system. It might be the 2gb of ram or the old core 2 duo; but I can't convert it for the life of me. So i'm sticking to this one. As a bonus, I'm trying to set it up to where new parts can be added to one sprite; still don't know if that'll be too much for flash to handle. If I can, area52 krystal and liz girl are definite options.

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:

I'll animate with any character as long as I can figure out how the fuck to convert my krystal into movie clips to replace your model.

Oh, just modify the walking animation in the library. You can remove the frames and tweens and do it yourself, whatever animation you put there will be what shows when you press A and D. If you're making new animations, duplicate krystal_composite, replace name with something like krystal_doggystyle and I'll know what to do with it from there.

IrrelevantComment Wrote:I have been messing around with LoK too. Let me know what you think:
(I know that the scenery doesn't match up properly, I just threw it together to test a scrolling background)

Legend of Krystal.swf

Very impressive. That's something I'd like to do to do, too. Given the scale of Ron Pepper's backgrounds, it's very possible.
Terrantor!!!

Postby ronpepper » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 pm

IrrelevantComment Wrote:I have been messing around with LoK too. Let me know what you think:

Legend of Krystal.swf

Ya know, this is just so aesthetically pleasing. This is Katsu's Area52 figure as I recall, although I put a lot of work into it too. The way she walks is just delightful. Absolutely top job there IrrelevantComment. Kinda relevant btw.

Terrantor, I don't know what might be causing crashes but it might be nice to use this figure for the game. I mean really worth the effort to pursue. Maybe Irrelevant would like to share this sprite or help us make the basic sprites, if they're compatible, that way we can use the Area52 models? I think people tire of seeing the old Playshapes drawings at some point.
ronpepper

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 pm

ronpepper Wrote:Ya know, this is just so aesthetically pleasing. This is Katsu's Area52 figure as I recall, although I put a lot of work into it too. The way she walks is just delightful. Absolutely top job there IrrelevantComment. Kinda relevant btw.

Terrantor, I don't know what might be causing crashes but it might be nice to use this figure for the game. I mean really worth the effort to pursue. Maybe Irrelevant would like to share this sprite or help us make the basic sprites, if they're compatible, that way we can use the Area52 models? I think people tire of seeing the old Playshapes drawings at some point.

I'm glad you like it, but all I did was the walking animation. I got the sprite from an earlier post in this thread, it's apparently your model, so not mine to share :)
IrrelevantComment

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Ronpepper's model looks really cool ;)

trunks2585 Wrote:Question. What happened to using the different model from Area52?

Were there any flash models there ? :shock: :?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 pm

ronpepper Wrote:

Legend of Krystal.swf

Ya know, this is just so aesthetically pleasing. This is Katsu's Area52 figure as I recall, although I put a lot of work into it too. The way she walks is just delightful. Absolutely top job there IrrelevantComment. Kinda relevant btw.

I did have quite a few programs running, I probably just ran out of RAM. I'll try tonight after work. I am planning to implement a racial or character system where one movie clip contains all the other characters, this would be a great opportunity to experiment with that. So I begin tonight. Great work on the design, btw, it doesn't have the same issues as the current one with line breaks and missing vaginas.
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:17 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Ronpepper's model looks really cool ;)

Were there any flash models there ? :shock: :?

Um....I think I'm a bit wrong on this, because it's been so long. We had drawings of the models, but I don't think we had anything finished. The last I can see in the main models thread was the style in Gorepete's new game. I'm guessing he finished the model himself or someone else did. If anyone else remembers better or if Gore would like to clarify if he finished the area 52 model we started, that would be great. I honestly don't remember what happened or what people did with a lot of the stuff that formed around the area 52 time. I just know the model thread in the last pages had the krystal design we were going to use in some sketched out different outfits but all in pencil drawings still.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:07 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:Um....I think I'm a bit wrong on this, because it's been so long. We had drawings of the models, but I don't think we had anything finished. The last I can see in the main models thread was the style in Gorepete's new game. I'm guessing he finished the model himself or someone else did. If anyone else remembers better or if Gore would like to clarify if he finished the area 52 model we started, that would be great. I honestly don't remember what happened or what people did with a lot of the stuff that formed around the area 52 time. I just know the model thread in the last pages had the krystal design we were going to use in some sketched out different outfits but all in pencil drawings still.

Katsu finished the model of Krystal - I am not sure where the lizard men and girls originally came from, but I ripped them from CortaSplatformer.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby SextupleEntendre » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Because I'm not out of the moderation period, this post is probably going to get buried again, but here goes:

Here are the other models that the Area 52 team posted before they unfortunately dissolved.

Sharpclaw trace light.fla
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 255 times

KaTsuO_O's Fox Model.fla
This one might be incomplete? I forget.
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 228 times

To clarify: This was all completely done by the Area 52 team before they parted ways. I think KatsuO_O had finished these models, and I believe it was him who posted the download link. However, it's been more than a year, so I may be remembering wrong.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Krystal mastrubation.swf [ 533.35 KiB | Viewed 6405 times ]

This was one of the animations that was put together to show progress, and I think it wasn't posted to the forums.

On a related note, I'm super-happy to see RP back to make some more awesome backgrounds.
Good luck, you guys! I hope you guys gel together and have fun working on your new projects.
Back to lurking!
Last edited by SextupleEntendre on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SextupleEntendre
Newly Registered

Postby nemoudeis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 am

SextupleEntendre Wrote:Because I'm not out of the moderation period, this post is probably going to get buried again, but here goes:

Here are the other models that the Area 52 team posted before they unfortunately dissolved.

Sharpclaw trace light.fla

KaTsuO_O's Fox Model.fla

To clarify: This was all completely done by the Area 52 team before they parted ways. I think KatsuO_O had finished these models, and I believe it was him who posted the download link. However, it's been more than a year, so I may be remembering wrong.

Krystal mastrubation.swf

This was one of the animations that was put together to show progress, and I think it wasn't posted to the forums.

On a related note, I'm super-happy to see RP back to make some more awesome backgrounds.
Good luck, you guys! I hope you guys gel together and have fun working on your new projects.
Back to lurking!

Use spoilers please! We don't all visit this website while we're alone!
Excuse my English, I'm French.
nemoudeis

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:04 am

I'm sorry, the area 52 model is just too unstable on my pc, I'm probably gonna stick with the old one until I find someone up to redesign it completely.
Terrantor!!!

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal