Food for Thought

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Food for Thought

Postby BananaBread » Thu May 06, 2010 6:36 pm

It appears - to me at least - that LoK fan interest has been dying off as of lately. I was just wondering if you, the LoK team, have considered a possible v0.25 release date? Any early release would revitalize the fans as well as increase LoK exposure, which would have a plethora of advantages.

Just food for thought,
BananaBread

Re: Food for Thought

Postby Renara » Thu May 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Well I had been planning to release a v0.2.1, mostly to fix bugs in v0.2 and finish some minor pieces of content I decided to leave out of v0.2 to get it out more quickly. Nothing too exciting was planned for it however, as the only new content would be things like idle animations for more characters (lizard girls mainly).

I haven't made a lot of progress on it though as focusing time on getting v0.3 stuff done is difficult enough! I'll see what I can rustle up though!

[edit] Oh, I would also like to point out, while activity on these forums and on the pawsru.org thread may not be quite as active as it was, downloads of the files themselves is still pretty consistent! :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Outonbail » Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm

OP, I disagree. Judging from the amount of views on new threads, I estimate many on this forum are lurkers, rather than participants and both are highly interested.

Renara Wrote:Well I had been planning to release a v0.2.1, mostly to fix bugs in v0.2 and finish some minor pieces of content I decided to leave out of v0.2 to get it out more quickly. Nothing too exciting was planned for it however, as the only new content would be things like idle animations for more characters (lizard girls mainly).

I haven't made a lot of progress on it though as focusing time on getting v0.3 stuff done is difficult enough! I'll see what I can rustle up though!

[edit] Oh, I would also like to point out, while activity on these forums and on the pawsru.org thread may not be quite as active as it was, downloads of the files themselves is still pretty consistent! :)

Don't get overwhelmed, man. :) And thanks again for working on it.
Outonbail

Postby Kalypso » Thu May 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Outonbail Wrote:OP, I disagree. Judging from the amount of views on new threads, I estimate many on this forum are lurkers, rather than participants and both are highly interested.

You're absolutely right.
I should point this out, and it's weird. when we're doing more talking and less working, people seem to post more often. And when we stop talking and devote our efforts to v0.3, there's more lurking than posting.
I'll be frank with you guys--notice my post count. How do you think I managed to get up to 523* posts when you can only see about 350-400? Still a shitload of posts--but it's because most of us in the LoK Team have been chatting amongst ourselves in the dev forums, and working on top secret stuff :)

*now :D
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby DemonFiren » Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Now we're all curious...and the problem is that I am the only one who is actually willing to enter the dev section at all costs and risks. You! If I get banned, it's all your fault :D
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Kalypso » Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 pm

DemonFiren Wrote:Now we're all curious...and the problem is that I am the only one who is actually willing to enter the dev section at all costs and risks. You! If I get banned, it's all your fault :D

?
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby DemonFiren » Thu May 06, 2010 10:39 pm

If there's really so much going on in the dev sectors that you have more posts there than here we expect great surprises in 0.3. And I wanted to express the feeling of not being able to wait.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Kalypso » Thu May 06, 2010 10:57 pm

DemonFiren Wrote:If there's really so much going on in the dev sectors that you have more posts there than here we expect great surprises in 0.3. And I wanted to express the feeling of not being able to wait.

Ah. See, that makes sense. Yeah, there's new stuff. Still, I'm going to tell you to be patient. There's no rushing this, trust me. As we speak, I'm working on something top secret. I have the power to unveil something huge--an image, even--right now, simply by pressing "CTRL+V" in this very window.
But I won't :D
You'll enjoy being surprised, it's the best way to go in: not knowing what's ahead.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby serebii » Thu May 06, 2010 11:07 pm

ugh, but I've always hated surprises :D
serebii

Postby trunks2585 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:10 am

*sprays kal with water* no teasing and tempting the regs kal.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby thehammer » Fri May 07, 2010 4:23 am

PRESS IT!!!
thehammer

Postby Zedralan » Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 am

How long must I suffer!?
Hey, what's this SHINY RED BUTTON do?
Zedralan

Postby Rogue 909 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Maybe they enjoy the teasing :P
Rogue 909

Postby DemonFiren » Fri May 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Mmhhh...if stuff continues like this, I'll get a stomach ache - in fact, I already have one. Let things be or show us images.
DemonFiren

Postby Renara » Fri May 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Rogue 909 Wrote:Maybe they enjoy the teasing :P

Yup, we are fuelled by suffering :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby The Unknown » Fri May 07, 2010 6:55 pm

me personally i do believe in patience is a virtue, but i kinda do agree with some of the other members
The Unknown

Postby HolyPaladin » Sat May 08, 2010 5:05 am

Haven't Posted in awhile, but would just like to say that I check all the new Posts... kinda lurking, only post on things that I think I can add to. I am rather excited for v 0.3 or a 0.2.1 :D
Boom... nuff' said.
HolyPaladin

Postby Darek » Sat May 08, 2010 11:26 am

Don't worry, interest is still high. I'm more of a lurker than anything, but I visit the forums for new posts every single day.
And yea, I understand the post count thing; in many forums for various projects you'll see committee members/team members with outrageously high posts (aka in the thousands) whilst normal users, even the greatest posters have only 300 at most. Hidden forums are always interesting~
Darek

Postby LittlePwnah » Sat May 08, 2010 11:41 am

Well,i would prefer a 0.3 version than a 0.2.1

You guys should go on focusing on 0.3
LittlePwnah

Postby Morb » Sat May 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I got a bit inactive for a time indeed, but only because of exam spam and lack of time on pc.
Also, don't waste skills doing something like a 0.2.1, keep up the good work on 0.3 ;D
Morb

Next

Return to Legend of Krystal