Exporting LoK to compatible files

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Exporting LoK to compatible files

Postby rpgmaker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 am

Just taking the discussion of this thread -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2353 over here to keep things tidy. That is, exporting the current source .fla project into none-Flash files. (which is monstrously crazy)

NOTES
-The current Legend of Krystal v0.2.fla comes with 2 sets of fonts that were not on my computer : BrushScriptStd and Segoe Print. I think it would be a good idea to package any additional fonts/libraries, etc. along with the source package (zip).
-Currently investigating .fxg files... exporting is easy... finding software other than Adobe to import .fxg, that's another story!

RP
rpgmaker

Re: Exporting LoK to compatible files

Postby rpgmaker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Will try to use Illustrator (Trial) to convert .fxg files to the .svg format. If that works, LoK might become free of Flash's dictatorship lol

EDIT:
It works!!! Now, all that's left is to export all the components and pieces and save them in .svg, which btw, can be edited in Inkscape (Free)!

SVG sample:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

If others want to help out, we could split and assigned folders to export... :D

Requirements : Flash CS6 and Illustrator CS6 (trial or else...). I think it's feasible within 30 days.

RP
Last edited by rpgmaker on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rpgmaker

Postby napsii » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 pm

rpgmaker, please avoid double-posting. Edit your addenda into a previous post that's already been approved.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Since you edited your post into a previous one, I've deleted it for cleanliness.

It's not a big deal, so don't worry. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up.
napsii

Postby rpgmaker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Audio files request:

Could the current owner(s) of LoK's current audio files please zip or 7zip and upload the audio files that were imported in the .fla project? (Ex.: "\Users\Downloads\dino6.wav" doesn't exist anywhere else but that location) It'd be awesome!

Otherwise, we have to render a new .wav movie for EACH audio file.

Pretty please??? :D

RP
rpgmaker

Postby rpgmaker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 am

Just sharing knowledge about an interesting finding. Who knows, it may be useful to someone out there.

When I export some objects in Adobe Vector (.fxg), sometimes they're incomplete... sometime the whole object won't export. I'm not talking about movie clips made from separate graphic symbols (Ex.: A character made of head, torso, arms, hands, feets, etc.). That wouldn't export because a vector .fxg can't include linked objects.

What I mean is some individual, self contained graphic items in the library were made from other graphic items, but these "source" are somehow still linked internally in Flash and thus, make exporting very difficult...

Here is what the graphic symbol ""Midna Char Calf copy" looks like:

Here's what happens when it's selected and exported via "Export Selection":

-On the left, it's the straight export of the graphic symbol without any modifications: the rings are missing.
-The one on the right is the same export, but I committed it into another graphic symbol: the rings are merged into a single entity, but I lose the border... I use the exact same steps for many other exports and I didn't have that problem... lol

The ankle rings were obviously added to the leg object (also common to some other characters), but the object was not saved into a new one... this creates a mess of invisible linked files WITHIN Flash. Yay Adobe...

RP
Last edited by rpgmaker on Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rpgmaker

Postby rpgmaker » Tue May 07, 2013 5:13 am

I'd like to ask again: can the person with the original audio files please upload them?

Thanks!

RP
rpgmaker

Postby rpgmaker » Wed May 08, 2013 5:16 am

Meanwhile, here are the assets I converted to SVG so far. Below is the directory listing of what's inside the zip file.

http://depositfiles.com/files/atlycq952

<DIR> arwing
<DIR> character link
<DIR> demon
<DIR> dino crowd
<DIR> objects
<DIR> scene forest
<DIR> scene mario wrong castle
<DIR> scene peach castle
<DIR> scene sky
<DIR> scene torch
<DIR> scene wood sign
<DIR> toon bowser
<DIR> toon goomba
<DIR> toon mario
<DIR> toon toad
<DIR> wolf

If only the assets had been properly converted to symbols, it would've been done by now...

TP
rpgmaker

Return to Legend of Krystal