LoK game future: (AS2/AS3/AS2+AS3) ?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

What actionscript do you know ?

AS2
8%
AS3
16%
AS2+AS3
23%
I do not know actionscript.
52%

Total votes : 61

LoK game future: (AS2/AS3/AS2+AS3) ?

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi. What future dou you see in this game. Will it be AS2 or AS3 - or may be it will be seporated on parts some of them can be on AS2 some on AS3.

What actionscript do you know and use ? Are you interested in AS3 version of the game - or AS2 is good ?

What are we waiting for ? :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Re: LoK game future: (AS2/AS3/AS2+AS3) ?

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 am

there's a future for this game?

Ok to not just troll this topic, Ren had said his version would be AS3, weather or not new projects follow suit or if his version gets modded and expanded on by others like he's hopping, well that's up to the community.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 am

trunks2585 Wrote:there's a future for this game?

Ok to not just troll this topic, Ren had said his version would be AS3, weather or not new projects follow suit or if his version gets modded and expanded on by others like he's hopping, well that's up to the community.

Will it be based on animation of 2 LoK game version with new added ? Or what will it be like ? Any information (any algoritms added in motion ?)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm

those are questions for Ren, not me.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Now it is 50 to 50 :mrgreen:

Who will win :mrgreen: :lol: Waiting for your votes ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 am

I think that i will look, is it possible for me or not to make LoK v2 translated to AS3.

There is a lot of work on the first look. And a lot of functions and loops have to be remade. So may be i will play with it. But for now i am not sure that i will have enough time.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby BlueLight » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:12 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:I think that i will look, is it possible for me or not to make LoK v2 translated to AS3.

There is a lot of work on the first look. And a lot of functions and loops have to be remade. So may be i will play with it. But for now i am not sure that i will have enough time.

Anything is possible to a point. There are tons of things when thinking about graphs that you can't do in java.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 am

BlueLight Wrote:
OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:I think that i will look, is it possible for me or not to make LoK v2 translated to AS3.

Anything is possible to a point. There are tons of things when thinking about graphs that you can't do in java.

Yes. I mean that it is possible that i will not have enough time for it. To remake it full to AS3 takes 2-3 weaks of time if nothing is divert from work.
If some thing does i have a little lag in myself. When i start to do some thing after i was stoped to do it - i need some time to remember what i want to do and what i already did. :mrgreen: So it can lasts forewer :lol:

So i hope that nothing will prevent me from do what i want :mrgreen:

This is the main reason why i write a little tutorial so rapid ;) (Rapid or newer :lol: ) A little offtopic ;) Is it helpful or i forget something ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:24 am

Rewrite some seporated parts of code. Remake part of movie algoritms. You write on the frame now where it shoul go - and it make all for you.

I think that i will make a post in Creative Corner about AS3 version of LoK - so read there :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby HohesHaus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Looks fine so far
HohesHaus

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 pm

BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Thank you. I try to compile it from it's fla file - but it did not work. So i did not think that i can use it. But i find animation of Kry fuck by some new enemy there :mrgreen: so it can be used :mrgreen:

I have a little different movie algoritms - than that project. I want to put all code in components that will work by itself - by only copy paste them and no coding.

I do not like the way when user need to write :
Code: Select All Code
back1.addEventListener("click", function(e : Event)
{
   gotoAndPlay("begin");
});

fwd1.addEventListener("click", function(e : Event)
{
   cum = true;
});

To just go to new frame. By the way if you add event listener it is good to remove them when it is not in use.

So it will be more code. It is much more simpler to make a graphic component that will work may be a little slower - but do all the work itself.

Like in my video download/file.php?id=6341

Now i test it on 20+ fps it works normally. But after all will be done it will be 13 fps like LoK is now - so it have to work more stably.

If there are some animations that was not in AS2 version of game but it is in some kind of AS2/AS3 *fla format please tell me ;) I will try to think about may be it is possible to add too :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby IrrelevantComment » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 pm

With regards to my AS3 version of LoK, it doesn't work because my AS3 files are not included.
They are here if you are still interested, just download them all and put them in the same folder asthe .fla
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B7jDZ ... 12MU0/edit
IrrelevantComment

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 pm

It is harder then i expected. There is a lot of code in animations that - i do not even understand for what is it for. A lot of frames that do not use or it is impossible to understand for what they were done in the as2 version of LoK =)

Messy and rearmor system - make in such uncomfortable way - that it is extremly hard or even impossible to remake - for it works good.

Elements are in graphic container - and used a lot of times - and it has no name !!! So to change it directly i have to know there names ... but for that purpose in each frame they have to be renamed. There are a lot of different ways to remake them - but they are not perfect to. Add handreds of listeners and try to change them - is possible - but i do not like this method and i do not think that it is a good solution.

Try to refresh objects to zero animation - and then the animation will go to the frame we need. Is not the best solution too.

To make it like it was in AS2 but on AS3 ... will work but is not the best solution too :evil:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Mess and armour systems are fairly simple, you set the frame ONLY when the mess/armour changes.
IrrelevantComment

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Yes i know thank you. I mean that Kry components are not named so i can not just do like Krystal.Head.gotoAndStop(...)
So i have to go to zero frame and then go back to make components do all work like:
this.onEnterFrame... gotoAndStop(...)

I do not like this way but - to remake all the animation to work like i like will take so much time that it is much more easy to make like i post :mrgreen:

Where did you find animation where Krystal is fucked by some Kind of ... i do not know who it is - big grey guy ? :lol:

Is there any more ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:28 pm

The demon model was already in the .fla, with a few static poses and one half finished animation. I *think* I finished off the blowjob animation and started another one ( the sex one)
IrrelevantComment

Postby Basque » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Currently in "moderator must approve your posts" mode and can't seem to PM anyone either. I apologize if this post seems redundant in hindsight.

IrrelevantComment, it seems like you've done great work with converting LoK to AS3. However I downloaded all the assets of yours I could find and I receive compiler errors with your .flas. It would be great if you could upload your most recent .fla, the associated .as files and post a completed .swf for everyone too.

Since you talk about how easy it was for you so frequently it would also be great if you could talk in this thread about what you did. I saw you got Damian Connolly's Memory Tracker from http://www.craftymind.com/ but I couldn't find where or how it was implemented. Likewise the Key class from authors "RandomComm3nt, Other unknown" has keeps track of the variables "oldKeysDown" "curKeysDown" and "keysDown" and functions like "wasPressed" and "wasReleased" but the only thing I see used is "Key.isDown" in the Krystal class?

What I'm saying is I feel like what I'm trying to do is similar to what you did but it's hard for me to understand your code (you're probably a lot better with actionscript than I am, for one thing!) so Im really hoping you can reupload all you files so we can confirm they'll all in top shape and then talk about them.
Basque
Newly Registered

Postby IrrelevantComment » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Firstly with regards to the Key class, Key.IsDown tests if the key with a given code is currently pressed. WasPressed and WasReleased test whether the key went down or up in the current frame (for example if you want something to be charged up, and fired when the key is released). Those two functions are not used in LoK, but the .as file is just one I use across all my projects.

The MemoryTracker is used on the frame of each scene to fix a huge memory leak.

So it turns out I have managed to merge several different versions of the game, so nothing works with each other and there are a tonne of bugs. Spent about 30 minutes fixing this up, unzip the attached file, open .fla and it *should* run fine now...

And I'll be happy to help and explain anything I have done with the code if it isn't clear.

wooooooooooow, my upload speed is shocking...
Attachments
LoK.zip
(7.32 MiB) Downloaded 4563 times
IrrelevantComment

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 am

Remade to AS3 all part from AS2 version of LoK game that was about Krystal.
Make some components that let to do some thing with out coding. So for making some thing it is possible to make it if you know any program language. All listeners and etc were removed in that components.
Unfortantly it is imposible to make it by the way i want it to be - to do all with out any coding. May be some thing more is possible to move in components.
But even if it is not done - i think that that is already done :mrgreen: lets to do some thing faster than if you will need to code it :mrgreen:

So if some body is interested - feel free to use it :

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2408

If some ideas about it then wright them to me :mrgreen:

I will stop for now on it, I have no idea what to make more in it for now :D
But if it will be some interesting idea and content it is always possible to add it ;)

And i think that i will return to one of my old secret projects :lol: - but i do not know will i make it or no. It is possible some problems with time. Time is a true evil - :lol: - all wants it - job / parents and no time for your self :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Return to Legend of Krystal