Lending a hand

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: Lending a hand

Postby Kalypso » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:25 pm

yoyooyo Wrote:Drawing isn't my strongest point, so I used a reference. I couldn't find a really good one... had to improvise a lot because of that shield.

I think I may have made him too fat; I should probably slim him down a bit. And his hands became rather strange. Of course he also needs more details like shading, texture, more armour, privates, etc.

Anyway, I made it in stages, so I've put one four .fla files (one per step) in the .zip file.

I like the way you animate, and you got this one done practically overnight. You've got a good overall consensus of what you're doing--got some IK in there, a lot of joint movement, and tweening--you know what you're doing.
I'd love to have you over at the team, and I'm sure everyone else would agree. I would have your main focus in Animation and some Coding, because although you do have talent, that's really where we need you most, and it's where you perform your best. I'm sure you'd work wonders with my models--I'd like to see what you could make of a Sharpclaw or a Shadow Beast, and I'd love some heads up on issues you have with the models in the animating stage flexibility and posability wise.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 pm

yeah as a follow up to what kal said, the drawing isn't really something kal can tweak, a shame cause we do need local concept artists, however you'll be a great help to animating and maybe some coding, as well as getting your feedback in general to work that's going on.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby yoyooyo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks! I'll just drop this update here. I made him thinner, made him blink, added some armour, and fixed some other details. Still no naughty bits, though. ;)
Attachments
draw5.zip
(127.52 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

draw5.swf [ 27.38 KiB | Viewed 2005 times ]

yoyooyo
LoK Team Member

Postby dandan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:01 pm

looks pretty flui. For some reason I really like how the ankles flex as they are going back, no idea why.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
dandan

Postby Poob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:38 am

yoyooyo Wrote:Of course he also needs more details like shading, texture, more armour, privates, etc.

This made me lol.

But seriously, great work for such a short timeframe. Congrats on joining the team :)

dandan Wrote:For some reason I really like how the ankles flex as they are going back, no idea why.

I agree. That part of the animation just seemed subtle, but pretty spot on.
Poob

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:05 am

attention to details is part of what makes great animations
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal