State of Bowser's Castle

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

State of Bowser's Castle

Postby ztztzt39 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 pm

For nearly 2 years, no news of it. Is Playshapes still working?
Oh, and continue make games, many authors forgot the word "game" in "sex games".
Sorry for my bad English. (I know, worst signature ever but, at least, I don't need to rewrite this).
ztztzt39

Re: State of Bowser's Castle

Postby BlueLight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 am

So um... Playshape does have account here but it's like 2 years since he's been active.
Last i knew, his newground account said, he'd keep working on the game but wouldn't release updates so stop asking.

Also I offically hate the laptop i'm using so i'm not even going to make the attempt of spell check.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Smackman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 pm

i doubt hes going to finish it
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby BlueLight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Smackman Wrote:i doubt hes going to finish it

Why? He's shown that he can make a game.
It might not get done when you want it to, but i think there is more evidence for it getting completed than not.
BlueLight

Postby Smackman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:11 am

he said he was sick and tired of flash after he released LoK, he came back and randomly did mario is missing after that, (dont remember if he finished that or just gave up on it after part 1) but his NG post that said he was working on bowsers castle 3 is about 2 years old, he basically said he was going to disappear forever. like hes probably not working on it, the teaser pics are probably just drawings he did

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Mr. Bingo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 am

I have to agree with Smackman. I thought playshapes was an awesome animator who made some great game, but his been off for too damn long. I believe he quit...
The Most Hated Among the Stupid
Mr. Bingo

Postby Smackman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 pm

even if he comes back i doubt hes working on bowsers castle 3, he'll come out with a random new game like he did with mario is missing.

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Mr. Bingo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Probably
The Most Hated Among the Stupid
Mr. Bingo

Postby BlueLight » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 am

Smackman Wrote:even if he comes back i doubt hes working on bowsers castle 3, he'll come out with a random new game like he did with mario is missing.

He came back with something that wasn't a game :P at least i don't think their games.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2197

Doesn't really prove either of us right. He's still working on flash as I said and you said he'd come back with something other than Bowsers castle. The real question is if he gave the project up.

EDIT
Oh sorry um well...

PlayShapes Wrote:CONTENT LINKS:
New Bowser’s Castle (unfinished)
(.swf) http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/d95 ... cfbead6a31
(.fla) http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/842 ... 3eba7dbd4b

Well never mind. It seems he updated it. I'm going to have to play this later.
BlueLight

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 am

BlueLight Wrote:
Smackman Wrote:even if he comes back i doubt hes working on bowsers castle 3, he'll come out with a random new game like he did with mario is missing.

He came back with something that wasn't a game :P at least i don't think their games.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2197

Doesn't really prove either of us right. He's still working on flash as I said and you said he'd come back with something other than Bowsers castle. The real question is if he gave the project up.

EDIT
Oh sorry um well...

PlayShapes Wrote:CONTENT LINKS:
New Bowser’s Castle (unfinished)
(.swf) http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/d95 ... cfbead6a31
(.fla) http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/842 ... 3eba7dbd4b

Well never mind. It seems he updated it. I'm going to have to play this later.

I dunno if 'play' is the right word, i mean it's sort of playable but...well you know how it is with his games, it's not finished so there's stuff you can do but a lot of it doesn't make much sense as is.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby BlueLight » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:48 am

Ya i see what you mean. the hud needs some work, you can't tell how much money you have or how many stars.
BlueLight

Postby daxtinator396 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:02 am

the game also randomly glitched out while i was playing and i had to restartthe page to get it to work though i did like what i saw
daxtinator396

Postby Smackman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:12 am

yeah he kind of did say he wasnt really working on it for like 2 years... if he actually finished his games he could like make his own website and puts ads on it or something... make some money lol

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby BlueLight » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 am

Smackman Wrote:yeah he kind of did say he wasnt really working on it for like 2 years... if he actually finished his games he could like make his own website and puts ads on it or something... make some money lol

Not without risking a lawsuit.
BlueLight

Postby Valithan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm

I dunno if 'play' is the right word, i mean it's sort of playable but...well you know how it is with his games, it's not finished so there's stuff you can do but a lot of it doesn't make much sense as is.

I havent looked at the .fla, but just on exploring the swf its a lot easier to see a direction for progress imo than the previous bowser's castle. From an optimistic point of view, just a few contributions for artwork and action script could be able to bring it to a "finish" state, and then people can add more stuff later.

It has a start, so it just needs the information to toss mario there instead of the middle of the castle. Then he maneuvers up a few blocks to get inside the castle, runs around on a few errands to get the items, an obstacle so the player can't run straight to bowser, and then a confrontation and ending. Some of the stuff in it could be gutted for simplicity sake, and then latter added back in when it makes more sense (like the toad mailer system)

As far as extra-over-the-top funstuff goes I'd suggest: Having an ingame counter so log points when mario/player interacts with certain npc's and objects to kinda pass time; with so much "time" passed, a toad will come up to mario and deliver the mail. Then, based on how many toads approached mario before encountering bowser would determine a variety of endings. This could be elaborated on by doing certain quests or bringing items to that finale.

I could go into more specifics now, but since this is getting text-heavy from me as is, I'll just do one example. Say mario is running around, screws with Krystal and Samus a couple of times so then they could be there to influence the confrontation with bowser (and peach)
Valithan

Postby Smackman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:52 am

it looks the the actual starting point is way to the left. but a lot more puzzling needs to be added and stuff... like its just not done, its slightly more finished than LoK was, and look at LoK now. theres not a real way of figuring out where playshapes was going with this, and even the guy himself probably doesnt remember where he left off on that project

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Valithan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Sure there is. Its a game about running, jumping and fucking. There's probably a few more things complete, or at least more assembled in the fla for clues, though since i can't access that personally atm, I can only conjecture. (though I will try to take a look later on) Maybe if this was an original creation then it'd be hard to figure, but these are established characters with backstories and such, so it may not be exactly like what playshapes envisioned, but it doesn't have to be, nor does that mean it can't be improved upon.

Comparing LoK now to this is a different ball game. For one, LoK is open sourced, but it had a group of people already stake a claim on it (and make a community on that) and by comparison to many things coming out on these forums now, it looks awfully dated. Now there's a new style, new tools, and new opportunity. If the direction is lost from what one person thought, then a community can connect together. There's a lot of things to do to make a full flash game, but rather than just assign people or volunteer for a specific role, people could offer or request something specific.

First thing BC probably needs is a storyboarded plan. Then it probably needs someone to figure out whats currently in it that can be used as is without needing to do more. Then it needs a few more obstacles and puzzles to fit that and a fix on the dialogue display.

Personally, I'm seeing this alot like dusty's castle, only we could just assemble little bits and pieces together as a larger group. People work with and add little bits here and there in fla attachments or symbol exports and then eventually toss the whole thing together to get something "finished" and then worry about expanding it latter.
Valithan

Postby Thee Pie Man » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Honestly I can't figure out where one side quest begins and where it ends. Krystal is obvious, same with samus (I lol'd when I tried to get mario to stick into her xD)

I like that there is a lot of material. I am saddened by the fact that I can't access 75%+ of it though and a lot looks un finished obviously. Wish I knew flash :/
~Life is fragile thing, but also it can be hardening, it can be enduring, it can be sad, it can be happy. If things don't seem to be going your way at first, look forward and hold on to what you believe in, it can be one of the strongest things of all~
Thee Pie Man

Location: Dunken Donuts, "If they don't have pie I am killing someone."

Postby BulmaSSJ4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Looking at that picture in the "all new playshapes" threat, i can clearly see a
"I have made a nice *game engine* and am sick of doing stuff, here, you make something with it!"

I once worked on some poor engine like thingy, and when we were sick of it, we just gave it away in hope of seeing something made with our engine someday.
And i think that is exactly what Playshapes is doing. He made it realy easy for us to make our own stuff, even tough you do need basic programming knowledge.

I wanted to do something with Playshapes stuff for a long time, but just got a new flash version recently, making it finally possible to open the files...
Now i am working on the Bowser's Castle 2 project. But since i dont like the castle, its "Bowser's world" :P

Check out my Bowser's World thread in the creative section if you wanna know more :3
Check out my unfinished game, Bowser's World: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2583.
Don't forget to read my first post and comment about what you like, dislike, and what you would like to see, in the future, in a LoK game.
BulmaSSJ4

Return to Legend of Krystal