Morality System (RE: Speaking Krystal)

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: Morality System (RE: Speaking Krystal)

Postby Csbears » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 am

*to the previous posts* In her desperate effort to leave the planet she loses her interest in Fox though seeing (or losing depending on how you look at it) how much pleasure she can receive from these beastly brutes. How about if shes.....lets say evil (for teh lolz) she "outfoxes the Fox" and as the sort of thing only an evil mastermind would put effort into she's been lying to Fox the whole time and ditches Fox at the very last second and leaves not only the planet but the whole damn System the planets located in, so she can fill her fuck hole with more sexually stimulating "foes". That would constitute both as a slutty ending and a "bad" ending, right? Slutty Mcsluttorton gets off pleasuring her carnal desires and now Fox (being the gullible nice-guy dipshit he is) is left with his hand in the metaphorical cookie jar (for trying to save krystal from the sharpclaws in the first place, who have attempted, and failed to take control over her body and mind). This could be the start of "Legend of Fox" or "Fox's adventure tail" and could be the start the sequel to this to-be game. Just throwing my ideas out there. :P

Here's an interesting idea...you all are looking at this in a 2 dimensional view... there is a 3rd dimension to consider, which it should look something like this:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - [Good Girl] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - -"good ending" - - - - - - l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Bitch in heat] - - - - - O - - - - - - [Morally determined]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - "Bad ending"- - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - [Evil Bitch] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l

If this was to be implemented into the game you could have so many different endings you would have to play it plenty more times to get all of the outcomes, Thus lengthening the games re-playability.

Bask in the ever shining light of how awesome (its so awesome it emits light) my idea is...it will in turn make you awesome too.
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby toddymon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:24 pm

if that happened. then i could see fox having a complete change of character. probably into a chronicly sex ravid man. raping pretty much anything in sight. cause i know thats about how pissed off i would be. i would fricken hunt krystal down for doing that.
toddymon

Postby Csbears » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 am

For "normal" people such a heartbreaking event would crush them under the weight, but Fox McCloud is no "normal" person, hes a Hero. To have great heroes like him you must also have what made them who they are...daunting villains. In this case it would be Krystal's outright betrayal to Fox (lying through her teeth, cheating him out of his freedom, and stealing his most coveted arwing) that puts the fire in his eyes. Revenge from a broken hearted man deceived by the guise of love coming straight out of hell to right the wrongs that's been done to him. I'd say that's enough of a reason to give my idea a look see. =P
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 am

Right, so I'm going to be an asshole here and just destroy your tin foil hat theories and flat out tell you 'krystal turns into an evil bitch' is not planned for one of the endings. BTW this thread had no reason to be brought back from the graveyard.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Csbears » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 am

I didn't say i wanted it to happen at all, merely a attempt to convey that you (the player) could turn her into one through dialogue choices ( Good V. Evil and not only Pruney Nun V. sex crazed maniac ). Maybe she wants to rule the world? that's a super villain trait, right? what about that? I wrote that whole thing about her being an evil evil eeeevil woman because that's the farthest thing from what I'd imagine any of LoK's multiple choice endings to be, which gives my idea a different perspective of looking at the games story arc. I'm sorry for posting on a dead thread but that doesn't debase the legitimacy of a 3 dimensional morality system...be it a bit more complex than the 2d one that started this thread. If you (or any other admin type) said that "nah, it'd be too hard to code it in" or something like that I'd be alright with that but disregarding my idea because of the content of the ending is...well...lame unless you have all the stuff already planned out ahead of time. *cough* *cough* *slides over to the water cooler for a drink* >,>

trunks2585 Wrote:BTW this thread had no reason to be brought back from the graveyard.

Trunks, Why are you trying to be a hindrance to a creative idea I thought up?

Btw i started thinking about posting three days ago when i seen other people started posting again and said to myself sure why not.
Last edited by Csbears on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Csbears

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 am

I've got a vague idea for endings, there will be at least 3 of them, one for being a prude, one for normal, and one for being a slut. As for this '3d' morality system, you didn't really explain it, you made a text picture and that was it. Best I can tell is you're saying she can be a whore or a prude as well as bad or good. Honestly it doesn't make sense to go 'yeah krystal is really evil'. The entire plot revolves around krystal being good.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Csbears » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 am

Okay i'll give you that one in my rush of excitement i really forgot to explain it...so here ill try to push my envelope. There would be a set of overlapping rings over the center of the image i put in my previous post (kind of like a Tier system, but in circles, not a pyramid). Tier one would be closest to the middle so she could be like..Good / Moral = She caught up with Fox but not before a bunch of unfortunate bad things happened to her and "the consequences were never the same". While the Tier one of Evil / Whore = She wanted to rule the whole world but in her conquest of the world she only got a continent or something. With greater points you have dumped in you're choices (+15 Good / Bad = best ending possible) the cooler the ending is for you. You could have like...3 - 5 Tiers and each with their own endings, which really makes the game more playable (to get all the ending possibilities). She could get off the planet with Fox and have his unborn child and live a fairytale ending like it happened in the actual games...or she be the "God Emperor" (Warhammer 40k reference) of a world with giant dinosaurs and tribal warfare. That goes without saying that you would also have another two sets of unused endings i didn't mention...those being Good / Whore and Evil / Prune (basically Lawful Evil). You could be Good and be indifferent to sex....or be a total prune and have no sense of morality. If you ever had to draw anything on a graph in those little boxes in math class you'd know what i mean...it can change the Y axis without affecting the X axis. With that kind of open ended game you could have unlimited endings (not really but there would be a lot)

*Edit
I decided to just put my "Moral compass" in this post to help my troubled mind...i put the Tiers on the end, which really you should see as circles overlapping from the middle outward. I put the lower case L's by the middle to show where the Tier 1 Level 1 would sorta be put. That ending would be to the most indifferent Neutral ending possible to the player.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - [Good Girl] - - - - - - - - - - - -"Best" -T 5
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - "Better"- - - - T 4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - -"Good ending" - - - - - - T 3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 2
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - l- - I - - l- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Bitch in heat] - - - - - O - - - - - - [Morally determined]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - l- - I - - l- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 2
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - "Bad ending"- - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - "Worse" - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l "Evil"- - - - - - - [Evil Bitch] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 5
Csbears

Postby corta » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Csbears Wrote:Okay i'll give you that one in my rush of excitement i really forgot to explain it...so here ill try to push my envelope. There would be a set of overlapping rings over the center of the image i put in my previous post (kind of like a Tier system, but in circles, not a pyramid). Tier one would be closest to the middle so she could be like..Good / Moral = She caught up with Fox but not before a bunch of unfortunate bad things happened to her and "the consequences were never the same". While the Tier one of Evil / Whore = She wanted to rule the whole world but in her conquest of the world she only got a continent or something. With greater points you have dumped in you're choices (+15 Good / Bad = best ending possible) the cooler the ending is for you. You could have like...3 - 5 Tiers and each with their own endings, which really makes the game more playable (to get all the ending possibilities). She could get off the planet with Fox and have his unborn child and live a fairytale ending like it happened in the actual games...or she be the "God Emperor" (Warhammer 40k reference) of a world with giant dinosaurs and tribal warfare. That goes without saying that you would also have another two sets of unused endings i didn't mention...those being Good / Whore and Evil / Prune (basically Lawful Evil). You could be Good and be indifferent to sex....or be a total prune and have no sense of morality. If you ever had to draw anything on a graph in those little boxes in math class you'd know what i mean...it can change the Y axis without affecting the X axis. With that kind of open ended game you could have unlimited endings (not really but there would be a lot)

*Edit
I decided to just put my "Moral compass" in this post to help my troubled mind...i put the Tiers on the end, which really you should see as circles overlapping from the middle outward. I put the lower case L's by the middle to show where the Tier 1 Level 1 would sorta be put. That ending would be to the most indifferent Neutral ending possible to the player.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - [Good Girl] - - - - - - - - - - - -"Best" -T 5
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - "Better"- - - - T 4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - - - - - - - - - - - I - - - - -"Good ending" - - - - - - T 3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - - - "Bad ending"- - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l - "Worse" - - - - - - - I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - l "Evil"- - - - - - - [Evil Bitch] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - T 5

ok, after reading (about half) of that I feel compelled to ask - just how big of a game is LoK 1.0 intended to be?
Fuel-injected RPG big?
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby toddymon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:06 pm

well this is v3.0. but i think that most of the comments here are just us jumping ahead of ourselves. like a good rp. after a while. the characters tend to get adventure crazy. trunks is right though. this subject died. so lets leave the dead dead.
toddymon

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:40 pm

corta Wrote:
ok, after reading (about half) of that I feel compelled to ask - just how big of a game is LoK 1.0 intended to be?
Fuel-injected RPG big?

We arn't even getting to a real ending for our next installment, you're getting the dark woods area for totally new content, everything else is improving gameplay and graphics/sounds.

for CSbears, my original argument remains, we have no reason to make krystal evil, it would sort of break the whole plot of the game.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Csbears » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Well...fuck it lol like i said before it'd be too hard to code in and it's a bit more over the top than this games cut out for. It's a great concept but...meh its never gonna happen. xD You wont know what will happen until you speak out about something, and i did. Now that my crazy over the top RPG element is deader than dead lets let this thread die again too.

Trunks, If you say it would break the game *shrugs my shoulders* i see no reason to contest it. I cant change your mind about my way of thinking and vice versa.
Csbears

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 am

It's an interesting idea, just not for this game, it works better on a character we have no background info on, like how infamous or prototype did their moral alliance, only lust wasn't included as a deciding factor in those games.

If there was a spinoff game that used one of the lizard girls for example then it'd be a different story.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby iamnuff » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm

ok, long time lurker posting for the first time (i think)

just wanted to say... when you mentioned difrent animations depending on your morality...

well how about bathing? innocent (as is now, pouring water over her head) then fully submerged for neutral. then slutty would be either playing with herself (like she does now but moreso OR some bath-play with the lizard woman in the pool (or a mermaid) like, going down on them then coming up cleaner or washing each other (sexually)? though this might mess with your -1 to slutty from bathing. i for one would like to see some more girl on girl.

note:(sorry for my spelling, im dyslexic)
other note: man do i over use brackets or what?
iamnuff

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 am

I've actually got something written up for the script in regards to morality and taking a bath.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby MrBear » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 am

o-o Explain yourself trunks. (If the team lets you :))
MrBear

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 am

Yeah I can't really say a lot. I've got like 3 different scenes you can get in the bath area written up depending on options you choose, and we'll leave it at that.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby iamnuff » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 am

YES!

great minds think alike. :)
iamnuff

Postby krauss » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:01 pm

I really like this idea. This "morality system" could be applicate to Krystal's faces too...angel face/innocent speaking - bad face/whore speaking...
krauss
Newly Registered

Postby Xadinel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:10 am

While I like the idea of multiple endings, I disagree with the full bad ending of krystal being evil, it just doesn't really fit the storyline that much...
Xadinel 'The Shifting Darkness' - First of the Soulbaron
Xadinel
Newly Registered

Postby toddymon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 am

i think that that would be an equivalent of a you lose situation. like in contra. if you dont completely beat the game youll never get a good ending. same thing here. work hard for that good krystal to come out.
toddymon

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal