How did you guys learn how to draw?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: How did you guys learn how to draw?

Postby BulmaSSJ4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Just draw draw and draw.
I spend 4 years straight drawing at a school.
Even tough it was a school for communication technics,
and i was in the *medical classes* instead of being in the *creative and art classes* XD
I like to draw when stuff is going on around me, drawing infront of a white screen, everything is silent... that would suck :P
Check out my unfinished game, Bowser's World: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2583.
Don't forget to read my first post and comment about what you like, dislike, and what you would like to see, in the future, in a LoK game.
BulmaSSJ4

Re: How did you guys learn how to draw?

Postby Alban » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 am

All drawing is observing really. How things look and not what we think they look like, what basic shape is it made from? a desk is a box, a head a lot like an egg shape, eyes spheres with skin wrapped around it, hands are trapezoids with boxes attached. When you learn to see the shapes of things you can draw them, who can't draw a square or a triangle or at least a roundish shape? when you start putting textures on things just think about how it feels is it bumpy? draw dots. Is it smooth? keep your lines from showing too much (that'll come with practice)
Alban
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal