POV

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

POV

Postby ScissorHead » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:22 pm

I was wondering; do you think in the future, you guys could include some POV(point of view) action? I don't know if this has been posted before, so sorry if I am being redundant.

Anyhow, I was playing this and started really craving some first-person action. Could you maybe include at least one POV scene for each character? I know you guys said that you won't do every fetish, but I think POV is pretty mainstream. And if you already are working on it, then let me know! I would like some sort of response to put my mind at rest :)

Thank you.
ScissorHead
Newly Registered

Re: POV

Postby Renara » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Point of View would certainly be fun! The main issue really is that it requires a whole extra set of parts for the characters involved, depending on the exact nature of the scenes of course. Since Point of View is also by nature close-up, it also requires more detailed graphics, though that hopefully won't be an issue (v0.3 is aiming for better graphics anyway).

While I'm not sure v0.3 will have anything beyond the current side-on view, I'm hoping to support the possibility of different character views so that characters can eventually have the pieces needed to view them from different angles, as this has the added bonus that characters would be able to look more like they're turning or moving in different directions, as opposed to always left to right.

But yeah, I love point of view artwork (not many good movies or animations out there unfortunately), so it's definitely something I'm personally interested, just a matter of having all the parts required. I think that it does become a fetish though, since it depends on whose point of view you're seeing the scene from, for example, a straight guy might not enjoy seeing Krystal being slammed by a SharpClaw Warrior if the view is from Krystal's perspective. So it would probably need some kind of filtering if such shots were prolonged (as opposed to simply being brief shots for effect/variety), but it's all do-able I think since it could just be separated into Point of View (Female) and Point of View (Male).
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby ScissorHead » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 pm

That's wonderful! I really appreciate you reply, and I know that this game is going to be amazing when it's finished! ^.^
ScissorHead
Newly Registered

Postby Zaraki » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Ironically enough, I have been working on alot of 1st person work myself right now, athough abeit more with digimon. but yes as a straight male I would rather be viewing from the guy's POV over the females. I am really wierd and will try anything once though. So take your pick.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby Nikag » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 am

Zaraki Wrote:Ironically enough, I have been working on alot of 1st person work myself right now, athough abeit more with digimon. but yes as a straight male I would rather be viewing from the guy's POV over the females. I am really wierd and will try anything once though. So take your pick.

Well, i'm a straight male too. But sometimes I wonder how females see having sex with us (ofcourse not when she's looking down the bed :lol: :lol: )
Nikag

Postby Zaraki » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 pm

lol. Yeah not just that but I wonder how it would feel.....
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby Eggplants » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:26 am

Well at least you know girls don't know what it's like to have a penis :lol:

And for the point of view like Ren I also think having multiple viewing angles will be great and I'm making the sprites! I guess the best part about LoK (in terms of making sprites for) is the fact that Krystal is the only main character. There are other females of course but none with as much spotlight as Krystal so putting extra work into the Krystal sprite alone can benefit the entire game substantially.
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby dndman997 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 am

multi angle scenes would certainly make the game more unique from the previous versions of it
dndman997

Return to Legend of Krystal