Would you like a speaking Krystal ?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Must we add written lines for the Krystal character ?

Yes. By all means. And multiple choices too so that we can choose how the character will change through the story.
54%
Yes. It adds more depth to the character. But I prefer one story path without choices.
2%
Maybe. I'm not sure that it will be a great addition to the game.
22%
Definitely no. I prefer to imagine what Krystal is thinking through her enslavement.
22%

Total votes : 134

Re: Would you like a speaking Krystal ?

Postby Mr.Elefant » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 am

But then again, you could have multiple sexy endings... *smiles dreamily
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 am

I assume they will know what they're doing - future will show, our concerns encourage them as challenges tend to do so for these with enough determination. But Krystal's behaviour would also be distorted by the morality system, therefore I think we should take the risk on one if we take the risk on the other. Future, my comrades.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Visplane_Overflow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:51 am

DemonFiren Wrote:But Krystal's behaviour would also be distorted by the morality system, therefore I think we should take the risk on one if we take the risk on the other. Future, my comrades.

That's a non-sequitur. I almost feel insulted that you accused me earlier of being 'irrational'. I think what you meant to say is that you don't care about Krystal being out-of-character, that we shouldn't worry about it if we're going to go through with this system. Close enough?
Visplane_Overflow

Postby DemonFiren » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:04 am

Wrong order of arguments...

Statement one: If the morality system could corrupt the official image of Krystal, then it should be discussed with caution.
Statement two: If Krystal's personalty might also change if she is given text, then we must advise the developers to take care.
Statement three: If there will be a morality system which will distort her mental appearance when a corresponding path is chosen, then she can be given free dialogues from that point on, also - in a limited way - during her 'canonical' phases.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Visplane_Overflow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 am

DemonFiren Wrote:Wrong order of arguments...

Statement one: If the morality system could corrupt the official image of Krysta, then it should be discussed with caution.
Statement two: If Krystal's personalty might also change if she is given text, then we must advise the developers to take care.
Statement three: If there will be a morality system which will prohably distort her mental appearance, then she can be given free dialogues from that point on, also - in a limited way - during her 'canonical' phases.

Well, anyone can see that this is not what you said when I quoted you, but I do appreciate your correction. Once again, I'm going to give you a break just in case English isn't your mother tongue. Your English is not very easy to make sense of sometimes.
Visplane_Overflow

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 am

the out of character thing was most of my arguement from the beginning along with it seeming out of place in the game but meh, this is why we experiment a little, don't overdo the speaking bits, the less she talks, the less chance we fuck up her personality.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Morb » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:26 am

It would be nice to see her as more slutty and everything by choosing what she thinks and eveyrthing, very exciting. But NO for too much text, you know, I think that some options could be there just on *critical* moments of the story, not really changing the story and everything, you know, just like her first sperm swallow, when blowing the general, but not on every single fuck.
Morb

Postby Smackman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 pm

By written lines you mean shes actually 100% silent and you choose what she says from 2-3 choices?
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:51 am

no, she has small snips of dialog on her own, otherwise mostly choices you make, I'm trying to keep it to a minimum.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby HolyPaladin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 am

Morb Wrote:It would be nice to see her as more slutty and everything by choosing what she thinks and eveyrthing, very exciting. But NO for too much text, you know, I think that some options could be there just on *critical* moments of the story, not really changing the story and everything, you know, just like her first sperm swallow, when blowing the general, but not on every single fuck.

I have an interesting adition based on what he's saying. How about the dialogue and morality shifter-thing(I'm stupid, shut up 8-)) only happen the first time you interact with that specific Sex scene, so when playing that guys like him don't have to see the dialogue again and again, and make a more permanent mark on your morality meter.... unless people don't like permanent marks :3
Boom... nuff' said.
HolyPaladin

Postby Pyron » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm a manly...ish :? kind of guy and I really liked playshapes dialogue choices how all the other characters were far more verbal than the central character,
in the 1st version this let me live in my own little happiness bubble where I could imagine that krystal was feeling the same way I wanted her to in context sensitive situations e.g. take it! or wow, that's gotta sting or awwww, poor krystal.

Adding dialogue choices does make for a more intelligent plot progress system, but at the same time takes away my so called "happy bubble".

I just have a really bad feeling that with added dialogue; some aspects of the dialogue won't be optional at all, like when krystal is captured and wakes up, she could either freak out and say 'Where the hell am I?!' or she could be all dainty and petite and say something like 'oh dear, I've got to find fox's ship'. my happiness bubble would give me personal preference to whatever dialogue I choose and would require less programming overall, plus I hate flipping through dialogue pop-ups (especially in a game such as this)

Edit: oh yeah, I really liked tai's trailer. That's the stuff I'm talking about, I mean G-Scales even has audio dialogue which is simply kick-ass :D
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't."
Pyron

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:42 pm

we've considered the issue about some of krystal's dialog not being optional, and as one of the writers i'm doing my best to avoid adding much of it, and keeping it too a minimum, but that goes with her choices as well, I don't want to overload the players with dialog choices, just like I don't want to bastardise krystal's character, and we've got at least one other writer on board and the rest of the team that can say 'no she wouldn't respond like that' (and they have done on a few occasions).

btw just to run the waking up thing by you, wouldn't a combination of those be better? groggy to freak out to calming down and remembering she has to find fox?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Pyron » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 am

trunks2585 Wrote:wouldn't a combination of those be better? groggy to freak out to calming down and remembering she has to find fox?

This is true, but I'm one of those guys that you'd find under the staircase playing with his old nintendo dolls and making "KAAAPOW!" sound effects.
I really like for everything in my life 2 stay the same, which means that when I saw playshapes version for the first time (and fell in love with it) I just couldn't comprehend the thought of changing some aspects of it.

When I was growing up my brain refused to learn that change can be good, but as I get older I'm trying to tug-of-war it to a more open minded state.
So as I'm trying to progress with this inner battle....I.....Will...SAY....That!............Krystal should be able to talk! 'pants excessively'

'Few', well it could turn out for the better, I mean some of my favourite retro games I wouldn't mind having some dialogue choices, even if it made no difference (I love those "Meet n' F##k games where you always have three choices and no matter how offensive the choice you make the girl will always gives you another try e.g. "Nice t!ts, mind if I have a sqeeze?," "Ugh!, You Pervert!!" (2 seconds later) "you're so pretty" "Thanks")
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't."
Pyron

Postby Malcanthet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 am

Alright - as far as I can see, you've already got an experience point system in 0.2. Just use that as a gauge of how slutty Krystal acts. (i.e. if you only get the minimum needed to progress as opposed to visiting sex scenes multiple times to gain lots of xp). Can open up dialogue options in that matter. (Look, I know it's ME style, but if you've got enough 'No I dont want it!'vs 'I am a slutty cunt' you can choose 'jump his bones' or 'grin and bear it'. ) Easy enough, I suppose. Or like. If you dont bathe a lot. Whatever, it's just a toss out there.

and really. I'm all for 'very few' scenes which allow her to talk. Just a couple that spice it up here and there. I dont know what everyone's complaining about - a few short narratives to move the story along and heat up a few scenes (I.e. bondage and spanking!) might be pretty nice.
Malcanthet

Postby Kalypso » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Malcanthet Wrote:Alright - as far as I can see, you've already got an experience point system in 0.2. Just use that as a gauge of how slutty Krystal acts. (i.e. if you only get the minimum needed to progress as opposed to visiting sex scenes multiple times to gain lots of xp). Can open up dialogue options in that matter. (Look, I know it's ME style, but if you've got enough 'No I dont want it!'vs 'I am a slutty cunt' you can choose 'jump his bones' or 'grin and bear it'. ) Easy enough, I suppose. Or like. If you dont bathe a lot. Whatever, it's just a toss out there.

and really. I'm all for 'very few' scenes which allow her to talk. Just a couple that spice it up here and there. I dont know what everyone's complaining about - a few short narratives to move the story along and heat up a few scenes (I.e. bondage and spanking!) might be pretty nice.

On the note of personality, let me redirect you to this thread: Morality System :D
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby prettypinkpwny » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:12 am

So did you guys already incorporate the Morality System in v0.3? And is that :D another hint? Does that mean one more week until the next sneak peak? Nice.
prettypinkpwny

Postby orez133 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:53 pm

well, I like the idea of krystal enjoying most of this (look at the expressions on her face during each scene) and it might ruin it if she makes it sound as if EVERY scene is a rape scene
orez133

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal