What's the plan?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

What's the plan?

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:09 am

What is happening with this project now that people have run off to A52? Is it still happening? If so, who is working on it and how much progress have you made?

Just curious as I joined today to find the project in the middle of a mutiny.....
IrrelevantComment

Re: What's the plan?

Postby Renara » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 pm

The original project is still going, I've no intention of abandoning it after so long :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Cool...
Basically, I am a slightly-experienced programmer/game developer, and have programmed in C++, GML, C# before, but never used Flash or Actionscript. After reading this forum yesterday I decided to learn Flash and AS, and so today I've been running through a few tutorials. It's quite different to anything I'm used to, but I'm a quick learner so hopefully I'll be making games soon :). Anyway, I thought that once I actually have a clue what I'm doing I might help out with this project (subject to how much school-work and other stuff I have going on of course), so I'll follow these forums for a while as I learn and just contribute ideas etc. (if needed). Also I was wondering if this project is being done in Actionscript 2 or 3, as since 3 is newer it seems the logical choice to learn, but 2 has much more/better tutorials so I've been looking at that so far.

tl;dr version: Might help out soon; AS 2 or 3?
IrrelevantComment

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Okay, so since my last post, I found out that the project is using AS3. I also found some good AS3 tutorials, but this all happened after several hours of learning AS2, so I now need to forget all that and re-learn it. FML.
IrrelevantComment

Postby ronpepper » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:33 am

@IrrelevantComment (and anyone else who wants to contribute/be a part of the next game) Area 52 will probably use AS2. If you want to contribute, simply take the existing sprites and put something together, and share it on the creative corner. Show us what you can do. There are a ton of flash and swv files in the creative corner that you can mess around with. If you can animate it and demonstrate some aptitude in the process, current contributors will want to work with you. For instance, the bulk of what Area 52 has to do right now is probably programming and animation, so if you think you can do some rad backgrounds in a cell-shaded style, or draw figures, by all means, the creative corner awaits your input, show your stuff and get involved.
ronpepper

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 pm

ronpepper Wrote:@IrrelevantComment (and anyone else who wants to contribute/be a part of the next game) Area 52 will probably use AS2. If you want to contribute, simply take the existing sprites and put something together, and share it on the creative corner. Show us what you can do. There are a ton of flash and swv files in the creative corner that you can mess around with. If you can animate it and demonstrate some aptitude in the process, current contributors will want to work with you. For instance, the bulk of what Area 52 has to do right now is probably programming and animation, so if you think you can do some rad backgrounds in a cell-shaded style, or draw figures, by all means, the creative corner awaits your input, show your stuff and get involved.

I second this, area 52 could use some help with animators and programmers, 3-y seems to have vanished which is a shame because he's a great addition to either project, so that leaves some pretty big shoes to fill, who's up to the challenge?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:47 pm

I am currently working on a project of my own anyway, but once I have finished that I will hopefully have the time and the experience to help you out :).
IrrelevantComment

Return to Legend of Krystal