Progress?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: Progress?

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Technically if this game is a Rape game or just reluctantly doing what she has to in a bad situation it a matter of personal definition (even more so when there'll be more choices on how to handle some scenes. In the next version.) I know me and ptoon-t and a few others would like to get away from the whole rape aspect, although we can't make it go away completely. No matter what Krystal is still captured and forced into being the village slave.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Boomer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:51 pm

hey, um, I was going to wait their was something going, but since the controversy is a lot larger than I anticipated, I guess I might as well spill the beans, this entire thing was kind of a plan to get something going like the news updates like playshapes?( rather like playshapes did for a while)http://playshapes.newgrounds.com/? The reason the "Joke" was on there was to draw some attention so maybe the Lok team would maybe start considering the option but, oh well, if they do or do not that is up to them so yeah... I apologize for the joke.
Dude what the fuck are you doing here? I have no idea what so ever so leave me alone and let me return to my pathetic loserness.
Boomer

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:17 am

i don't think there'll be much in the way of updates rather than what ren posts on twitter, i'm sorry but the truth is there's really not a lot of news to post. Ptoon-t has shown us some line art of a 2 other characters, so there's some progress on the art end of things.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby toddymon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 am

patience continues to be a virtue.
toddymon

Postby Rinzler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:29 pm

sorry for the double post, didn't realize approval period was over and reposted the thing like 928379421837 times
Last edited by Rinzler on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wasn't programmed to be nice... I WAS PROGRAMMED TO BE FEARED
Rinzler

Postby Rinzler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Wow, seems Boomer wasn't the only one in bad mood... eveyone seems to be a friggin granny hearing her grand-son of 3 years say his first word: "pussy" I don't know if I'm crossing the line here, but this community is for adults, who should be mature enough to ignore a bugging or disturbing comment... (i know what some people are going to say: yes, and as it is a an adult community, we should be mature as to not make jokes like that!) well some people have a different sense of humor or conversation (as for what's fitting in one)

As for the whole progress thing, I have the understanding that this project has at least 2 years in making.... (plz correct me if I'm wrong) and even if it is a big project, its taking SHITLOAD OF TIME TO MAKE, I mean is not a blizzard's game and I believe it will not be over 150MB so Idk i feel like it's taking more than it should be... so I don't get Trunks firing a bazooka up my ass or any other member like ptoon, I'm just asking for a serious made-by a team member progress thread and the whole "forbidden things to mention" thing out. I'm not trying to be an asshole but if you're not gonna make a any profit or face a competition with this flash there really shouldn't be anything confidential and as for progress, like I said, I doubt this game will be over 150Mb or more than 2 hour gameplay so I really dont believe this wait is justified... sorry

The free-time thing, I've already heard but man, imagine you have about 2 hours a day of free-time( my bro and I study medicine he has absolutely no time free, I have about 6 hours (I'm in pre-med) and he has about that much (2 semesters to go))) in which you use idk 30 minutes of it once a week, that;s still 1560 hours approximately a year! I mean come on!

Gosh I know i might get so much shit about this...
Rinzler

Postby Wangman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm

See, this is why so many people don't like furries. Someone says an innocent joke that the rest of the internet wouldn't bat an eye at, and everyone flips out.

Wait, why does Trunks needs to ask P-Toon to show us Krystal? Can't he just, you know, TELL him to?
Wangman
Newly Registered

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:13 pm

it's about one year so far actually (it started at the very end of 2009). Trust me, I'M pissed off at Ren right now, and if it wasn't out of respect for ptoon-t i'd show you everything he's worked on.

The real reason Ren doesn't want to show anything right now? because there is nothing to show. There's my script that needs to be revised, a handfull of character's, backgrounds, and propts that ptoon-t's been working on but has only focused on finishing one of so far, the sharpclaw character. ....AND THAT'S IT! Our animators are the ones most screwed over because they don't even have anything they can do other than play around with models that won't even be used, and do you know how boring that gets? And ren, he's been saying we'd have a demo of how shit would work since november, do we have a demo yet? no! hell in the other thread I said he's suppose to give us a demo of how battles and leveling in his version works today. what a surprise he posted telling us he won't be able to get it to us today, it'll be tomarrow.

This being secritive shit has gone from trying to keep some good surprises from being revieled, to an attempt to hide and manipulate the community, and i'm sick of it.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Rinzler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:it's about one year so far actually (it started at the very end of 2009). Trust me, I'M pissed off at Ren right now, and if it wasn't out of respect for ptoon-t i'd show you everything he's worked on.

The real reason Ren doesn't want to show anything right now? because there is nothing to show. There's my script that needs to be revised, a handfull of character's, backgrounds, and propts that ptoon-t's been working on but has only focused on finishing one of so far, the sharpclaw character. ....AND THAT'S IT! Our animators are the ones most screwed over because they don't even have anything they can do other than play around with models that won't even be used, and do you know how boring that gets? And ren, he's been saying we'd have a demo of how shit would work since november, do we have a demo yet? no! hell in the other thread I said he's suppose to give us a demo of how battles and leveling in his version works today. what a surprise he posted telling us he won't be able to get it to us today, it'll be tomarrow.

This being secritive shit has gone from trying to keep some good surprises from being revieled, to an attempt to hide and manipulate the community, and i'm sick of it.

First of all, Im glad you didn't flame my ass for that reply, second, I'm really grateful you and Ren are actually posting and loggin in here frequently it at least shows u 2 care, as for ptoon I saw him on yesterday and I didn't see him post anything...

Also, I'm glad you understand my point of view and know that you have my support but I'm still kind of mad (I think just as much as you are), that It's been this long and not even v0.3 is out... I alrdy said my reasons but there's nothing I can do but support you guys, keep it up!
Rinzler

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:44 pm

i don't know if .3 would have been out for sure, like i said in my Q and A thread, but i'm pissed we don't even have a sliver of progress to even show, that's what i'm frustrated about.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Favelor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:05 am

ive enjoyed the mini games that people have been posting but right now i just want to play the real deal! i know it not finished and i know it will take some time. just wondering if we can get like a "prgoress rateing" ro something. like

Krystal 99%
Zelda 10%
Sharpclaw 80%

something like that just to let us know how far along u guys are and to give us an idea on how much longer we have to wait and what we can do to help finish.
Favelor

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:12 am

check my Q and A thread, if there were any updates, it would have been there. progress has pretty much not changed since november/december.

Engine: still a giant fucking mystery because ren won't post anything
Art: we have a sharpclaw and a werewolf, krystal is in progress and has ptoon-t's focus right now. aside from that a lot of unfinished things.
Animations: nothing
Story: 80 percent, 100 if i ever revise the damn thing.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby BananaBread » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 am

trunks2585 Wrote:check my Q and A thread, if there were any updates, it would have been there. progress has pretty much not changed since november/december.

Art: we have a sharpclaw and a werewolf, krystal is in progress and has ptoon-t's focus right now. aside from that a lot of unfinished things.

That's depressing. At least Legend of Krystal spawned some cool side projects because it is pretty clear LOK is never getting done.
BananaBread

Postby Silmarion » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:15 pm

That's depressing. At least Legend of Krystal spawned some cool side projects because it is pretty clear LOK is never getting done.

I'm sure it's not quite so bad as all that. Yes, it is a bit frustrating to have everything being in a logjam like it is, but once the new code is complete (and I'm sure that there's a perfectly good reason why Ren is doing all himself at the moment) the pace will pick up and something will be out in two shakes of a lambs tail.
Silmarion

Postby Akir94 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 pm

there must be some guys out there that can help renara with the engine. it sounds quite stupid to develope an entire engine alone (even though i don't know anything about engines).
Akir94
Newly Registered

Postby LaconicWolf » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:14 am

People have offered, but so far Ren's been pretty obstinate about accepting help. I for instance offered, and I even saw someone with programming experience near enough to Ren's who never got a reply. TBH, I think Ren has it set in his head that no one else is capable of doing what he thinks he needs to do and he doesn't what to babysit another programmer.

Given my experience with flash though, anybody who knows something about OOP can apply their knowledge with AS3, so really anyone with moderate programming experience could be brought on the team at the very least to handle basic coding responsibilities. It could also be that Ren just doesn't know how to manage people and even if some of the work could be passed on Ren wouldn't know how to do it.
LaconicWolf
Newly Registered

Postby Rinzler » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 pm

BananaBread Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:check my Q and A thread, if there were any updates, it would have been there. progress has pretty much not changed since november/december.

Sorry to say so, but I believe it will never be done either, This project is gonna stay like it is this exact moment, or someone ELSE will do re-make not this team apparently :cry:
Rinzler

Postby Valentine » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:39 am

Complaining about it is useless. If anything, offering to contribute to the project is the only thing that will help it get done.
“Grilled cheese. Grill me a cheese.”
“I’m not grilling you a cheese.”
Valentine

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal