too many ideas???

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

too many ideas???

Postby Favelor » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:53 am

im starting to think that with shuch a small team all the ideas that keep popping up is slowing things down. correct me if im wrong PLZ do so! all im suggesting is that we slow down on the ideas and wait for more games to get started. some of us have skills in arears like annmation and and badass pictures that come in. if some of us can get statred on same full games and mini updates then more progress can get done. playshapes can finish LOK and we can start on samus and zeldaplus anything else that comes in.
Favelor

Re: too many ideas???

Postby Thaedael » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:49 am

From what I understand, and I hope this isn't stepping on any team member's feet by saying this, it isn't the idea generation that is slowing the game down. Before Trunks latest thread (which you might want to take a gander at to understand where the project was in the past, the changes made in the present, and the ideas for the future), they were essentially waiting on a programmer to do most of the programming. There was also a couple problems with a graphic artist that came and went. Long story short it is more about logistics, because they pretty much wrote their own game plan and are pursuing it, while letting some things influence them rather than letting everything have huge influence.

Since essentially those that actually do the work (IE: contribute art, animations, coding etc.) are the ones that are getting more attention/becoming members of the team, there is nothing wrong with generating ideas. However they seem to be pursuing their own organized agenda of a framework which can then later be added onto. So generating ideas is not a bad thing, just don't pout if it isn't implemented (at least right away). After all there goal is to make a framework to later be moddable, and as such should be given patience.

Either way, pull up a chair, and enjoy what glimpses we get to see, and the community that is pulling together to make something awesome.
Thaedael

Postby ronpepper » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:44 pm

It isn't the influx of ideas, ideas are always welcome (but seldom incorporated). We have already incorporated a lot of ideas -- like seriously, many ideas. We have the main stream covered. So, the majority of what is left now is decisions ON the existing ideas, and the creation of content.

Things are moving very quickly now. That's partly why you don't see so much in the creative corner. We want the game to still be new when it comes out, so we have stopped posting content so much, but we are still creating lots of it.

It takes time to get everything looking pretty, but more manpower won't necessarily help this. The more people work on the project, the harder it is to collaborate because we don't all work at the same time. Instances of "wait till he sees it" or "see what so-and-so has to say about whether he can do that" crop up more, especially when you put two people on the same task. So adding more people to the core team has to make good sense based on what that prospective team member has to offer.

Patience. I would say the production has recently gone into cocoon phase. First, you got a caterpillar, it's crawling around, here and there, looking for food, munching on leaves in plain sight.. Then the cocoon.. it's just a dry hard shell, but inside big changes are taking place -- that's a functioning and fully staffed core team getting the job done. Then.. the butterfly. The game will be complete. We're all looking forward to that.

If you have the desire and want to create for this game, you can post in the CC and ask for tips and advice, as always. If you have ideas, Trunks is our idea guy. Send ideas his way and CHOP he cuts em down to size. Love that.
ronpepper

Postby Favelor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 am

something else that ive noticed is that we've gotten off topic and have been paying attion to that more and more. people got the idea of samus,zelda,pokemon, and much more. while i support these ideas for OTHER games i think that LOK need to focus on Krystal only. take the pokemon out add in some other sex scenes and post a small new update. its hard to have a game thats not even 1/2 finished and then leaving it in suppsnce while other just come up with ideas. this way were able to see what can happen next and what is already done. and since im not a programmer or and artest. i just throw around ideas were ever they pop up. i try to find sites with pictures to help other but the site ive been useing has been givving my PC viruses so i wont give the name.

all im saying is that since we hav e programmers they should take some time and put something together like (in the darforest) or something. a little soemthing to show whats next.
Favelor

Postby Thaedael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:01 pm

The legend of krystal team is working on krystal alone anyway. It is other people who are dedicating their time and skills in making peach, zelda, and samus games anyway. It's easy to keep throwing ideas around, but if you don't have the art skills, programming skills, or animating skills then of course it won't get implemented right away, as the team doesn't have the logistics or time to implement every single idea ever.

Also as for sneak previews. The team said they want to keep it under wraps to give you a more full experience, but there already have been many sneaks, first was the krystal previews, then there were the sharpclaw preview, then some of kal's old work, then some scenes using kal's models, then the most recent being the attitudes thread. Just be patient will they work and it will come in due time.
Thaedael

Postby ronpepper » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 am

Thaedael Wrote:The legend of krystal team is working on krystal alone anyway. It is other people who are dedicating their time and skills in making peach, zelda, and samus games anyway. It's easy to keep throwing ideas around, but if you don't have the art skills, programming skills, or animating skills then of course it won't get implemented right away, as the team doesn't have the logistics or time to implement every single idea ever.

Also as for sneak previews. The team said they want to keep it under wraps to give you a more full experience, but there already have been many sneaks, first was the krystal previews, then there were the sharpclaw preview, then some of kal's old work, then some scenes using kal's models, then the most recent being the attitudes thread. Just be patient will they work and it will come in due time.

This.
ronpepper

Postby Favelor » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 am

makes sences.
Favelor

Postby Lord Panzi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:49 pm

it is like soup
the team members have the broth mixed together and their own chunky goodness thrown in. They just throw in some of our chunky goodness once in a while to make a super chunky awesome soup!
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby Favelor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 am

that makes less sences
Favelor

Postby Lord Panzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 am

Favelor Wrote:that makes less sences

the makers of the game take ideas they like, and they cant take idea if we dont give them any
better?
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby Favelor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:13 am

much TY. :)
Favelor

Return to Legend of Krystal