Malicia! Season's Breeding

Re: Malicia! Season's Breeding

Postby Kumokumo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 am

Oh they do include other monsters, he's just getting the mechanics down first :)
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

Postby Deathisnotanoption » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Found this while reading through the long dispute of Breeding season.

This game looks promising. As hard as games are to work on (I tried to get together a crew to create our own. Crashed and burned pretty hard there. ) I hope you do still continue to work on this.
Deathisnotanoption
Newly Registered

Postby BigBrianIsLarge » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 am

long time fan. keep up the good work gorepeaty!!!
BigBrianIsLarge

Postby BroodofFenrir » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:57 pm

:D Its fun. Mechanically i liked how you get monsters with girls and the girls with monsters. I wonder though if you consider putting in a quest system or if you already have and im just retarded. Either way love your work wish i was half as good :/
BroodofFenrir
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 pm

If he puts in a quest system It'll probably be in the patch notes; it does seem like a potentially cool idea.
Lucky777

Postby ValturNaa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:11 am

In a sense, it does have a quest system. You can't see it during play, but the triggers in dialog that allow you to do certain things (like how you can no longer access the woods before getting a lecture from illu) are the essence of a quest state. All he needs is a quest menu with some descriptions of what you've done, and provide some hints as to what comes next.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby BigBrianIsLarge » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:58 am

IMO i think you should put more effort into a large amount of monsters and hybrids, over well story, although i do belive you love your storys
BigBrianIsLarge

Postby Kumokumo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Gore is ALL about story. I mean he Does love options, features, game-play and such but i think what he really likes is combining a riveting story with an intense, technical combat system. He likes to make his work his own it seems which is why it's so different from other projects out there. I'm not a psychologist nor do i have some PhD in all things "GoRepeat", but these are the kind of impressions i've seen from his works over the years. He follows his passion goes where he can with it. Personally i LIVE for gore's stories, Eva captured my heart with her epic ballad lol. I mean the sex was great but it was really the characters and story that made that series great and that's what i'm looking forward to seeing more of. In the end he'll make what he's passionate about, he might take a few suggestions along the way, but it's his road and i have a feeling he already has a good idea of how he wants to build it. (really looking forward to seeing the combat system where you can finally pit your ungodly creations against those Demonic Bovines.) :P
Kumokumo

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:01 am

I also like his stories and add a vote contrary to Brian's, but the best thing about it being a Goretocracy is that he'll basically just do whatever the fuck he wants.

...That is, I mean, my vote's not really CONTRARY contrary.

It's contrary on the question of priorities but a large variety of hybrids would be pretty cool and I believe that it's coming.
Lucky777

Postby BigBrianIsLarge » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:29 am

well, im not sure if anyone else played the other breeding season that is still on here (but got shut down over devo problems) but it had "traits" that each monster had. like being a futa, or some monster not being fullygrown. etc. id like to see somthing that involves that
BigBrianIsLarge

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:15 am

Gore might get to that. But you should also keep in mind that he's still working on basic game set-up, he needs to implement the combat system, as well as any other related or jointed matters. This is still a pretty new project, so he has to get finish making the "Bones" of the basic game before he can even consider adding features like that. Though gore does like adding stuff so i'm pretty sure a lot of the ideas you mentioned have already occurred to him, at the same time he also wants this game to be "it's own thing" not a Breeding Season clone (He said so himself a while back). He wants to touch on the genre and give people the nostalgia of the original game without completely bowing to all of its concepts and ideas in leu of his own. We'll see how it goes, but now we should give him the time he needs to get the essential mechanics finished before flooding him with all our half-assed ideas and wishes (lol, the half-assed comment was a joke, input is valued XD). Just don't be expecting a twin sister of BS vG, else you'll be greatly disappointed lol. It will be the same, but different. :P

And who knows? Maybe a few years from now H-bomb and S-purple will realize what a bunch of petty, vindictive Fuck-Heads they were being and get their shit together and actually finish the glorious project that they were once so passionate about. Then there will be TWO full breeding games, and that's Twice the fun. (though i doubt they'll even consider burying the hatchet within the next year or two, so much venom between those those guys.) :P
Kumokumo

Postby ValturNaa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 am

Agreed. Actually considering S-Purple's now doing cloud meadow, if BS ever comes back to life it'll be H-Bomb behind it by himself. That said, I personally am HEAVILY against developers letting their public make decisions for them, in most cases. It's your game, it's your decision. Just give people a vote if you're on the fence about something and want to see what people like. And then you decide whether to go along with their voting.

Also, design wise, I think Brian is right, for the style of game that it is, the breeding sim should be more important than the story. But story is also important, and the lack of it was one of my biggest issues with the original BS. In my experience with games, story draws us in and gives us reasons to achieve. If you're given a quest to kill 15 boars, there's a fair likelihood that people will get bored and leave that quest for another, more interesting one. But if that same quest is wrapped up in a family whose crops are being ripped out by savage boars and who will starve unless something is done, we become more emotionally invested in completing that goal. Yes there will be people who skip right through that dialog (especially after the umpteenth time completing the quest) but for many people it provides the psychological pull that keeps us playing the game.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:10 am

Well said ValturNaa. Input is important and an occasional implementation of the community's ideas can be really amazing from time to time (especially to the person who got their idea IN lol), but devs have the right to make the game however they want, because it's their project. It would be like a total stranger barging in your front door, walking straight into you living room and saying, "hmmmm you should paint the walls blue.", before walking right back outside like nothing happened. :P
Now if someone INVITES you into their "living room" and asks your opinion on what their "decor" should be, that's your cue to give your two cents. Now this site is a relatively "open house" as we all give our praise, critiques, and ideas, collaborating with each other to make wonderful games. Getting a bit distracted with these analogies but what i'm getting at is that while input and advise is great, sometimes we just need to let the devs do their own thing and wait for them to come to us when ready. :P

As for my stance about letting GoRepeat do his thing, I could not possibly be more on-board with that lol. I've seen what he does and how he manages things in the past, and even though i'm quite vocal about thoughts and ideas, i'm actually pretty content just sitting back and letting him do what he does. I can't tell you how many ideas i had thought of for this game so far, but i've decided to sit on them until i get a better idea of where Gore wants to go with it. :roll:
Kumokumo

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Man it has been a while, I really need to post an update 'eh?
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Lol perhaps so.... though i'm still content twiddling my thumbs while you work on the next update lol. You can't rush perfection after all. Though I'd be lying if i said i wasn't curious how far along you've gotten this past month. :P
Kumokumo

Postby BigBrianIsLarge » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

repeaty, do you have another website? like another fourms page where you upload more often or anything like that?
BigBrianIsLarge

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

I like the addition of a combat system, and the idea that different enemies have different fixed patterns.

They could get truly, hideously, hatefully hard to memorise if you wanted that, but I'm GOING TO ASSUME THAT THEY WON'T.
*Squints suspiciously at GP's love for hard games*
*Mumbles*

Also, in addition to my page 4* requests relating to starting new games, I'd like it if you could skip the exploration animation, and possibly some of the combat ones.
They're cool, don't get me wrong.
But they take up time.

*Page 4 requests reproduced hereunder for ease of reference.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Lucky777 Wrote:Oh also, it would be cool if "menu" took you to the place where you could choose which file to use, and "new game" could only be accessed from there.

I accidentally wiped my save by hitting "new" after "menu" the other night, expecting to be taken to that place where you can choose your savefile.

(Also, over-writing your save, even from the screen showing all your files, should prolly be placed behind a confirmation prompt.)
Lucky777

Postby Kumokumo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:I like the addition of a combat system, and the idea that different enemies have different fixed patterns.

They could get truly, hideously, hatefully hard to memorise if you wanted that, but I'm GOING TO ASSUME THAT THEY WON'T.
*Squints suspiciously at GP's love for hard games*
*Mumbles*

Lol you're quite a comedian Lucky, pretending you've forgotten who we're talking about! :D

BigBrianIsLarge Wrote:repeaty, do you have another website? like another fourms page where you upload more often or anything like that?

Sorry Brian, but i'm PRETTY sure this page is his go-to upload site. This update is taking time sure, but i wouldn't expect him to leave us hanging for 3 months like a few other people do. Once he's satisfied with what's been done so far, you should expect it to pop up here first. If there IS some secret site where GoRe lurks with his games though.... *carefully looks around to make sure no one is listening* Tell me the secret knock, i want in! ;D
Kumokumo

Postby Gidshiri » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:47 pm

Good news! I really excited about snakes chicks! :D
Gidshiri

Postby Kumokumo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:05 am

I haven't heard anything about serpentine creatures, but maybe you have a scoop that i don't (haven't watched GoRe's live streams recently so it's entirely possible that i missed something.) Though normally i'm not on board with snakes, i am interested to see them here simply because of how the game works lol. Snakes may not appeal directly to me but snake-morphs and Lamias do, so seeing some serpent ladies would be fun (LOVED the final boss of R'thoth btw; the multi-brested serpent lady was divine*!!). A part of me would also like to see some kind of Lupines (not necessarily were-wolves per-say, but some kind of wolfy creatures would be fun), especially if GoRe goes that extra mile and gives the Wolf/Human hybrids multiple breasts like canines (like 4-6 depending on what he think works best). Another part of me would have liked to see some Bovine hybrids, but seeing as how the Bovos are what Malicia is trying to beat i don't see it to be as likely lol (beating a Bovos with some Bovine hybrid would still make Irania the winner in the regard Malicia had to resort to "copying" her in order to win). But i DO think it's high time for an equestrian in the SnT universe (unless GoRe is adamantly opposed to them for some reason) though it might stray from the "monster" genre and wander into "Beast" which may not aline with GoRe's vision. :P

Like i said before, i have a lot of ideas and suggestions for the game, but i'm just holding onto them until i have a better idea of what gorepeat is looking to bring to the table first.

*Obviously not literally though. ;)
Kumokumo

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop