Samus Platformer

Re: Samus Platformer

Postby therockandwill » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:54 pm

i like the gif too... im just curious is gorepete coming back to this or is not yet confirmed?
therockandwill
Newly Registered

Postby shinox23 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:49 pm

I wouldn't ask that if I were you o-o... Something tells me a bad thing is going to happen... But o answer that before it happens... I'm gonna go uot on a limb and say it's on hiatus...
shinox23

Postby Aaleen13 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 am

the last time i heard, he has this and the demon one on pause until he finishes dusty, once he finishes dusty he would pick a project, now that he finished the project he was kinda split, and has hinted towards a (if i am correct) kingdom hearts - ish hentai game which would mean these are on pause again
Aaleen13

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:05 am

Yep, I heard the same thing.
Zeus Kabob

Postby KBridget » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Where does he get his sound bytes from for Samus? Because they would be really helpful to use because I can't find any that I can DL for free
Assume makes an ass out of you and me. So unless you want to get fucked, don't assume.
KBridget

Postby TheKnight » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 am

MAN, IF YOU GUYS WANT SOME GOOD PIXEL ART GIFS, GO SEARCH RULE34.BOORU.ORG FOR "PIXEL_ART" AND "ANIMATED_GIF"
TheKnight

Postby HairMetalIsGod » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 am

Hi Gorepete, got a quick question about this style of game-making. When you're making the level itself, I assume you have 2/3 layers of it (backgroud, active platform, foreground). To get the sheer size of the map, what do you do? Do you make it fit to say a 550 x 400 file and then make the sprites smaller...also coding it so that it zooms in on the player character? or do you have it across multiple scenes each triggered by a set area or something. Want to get started on backgrounds and just thought i'd ask for a little advice on them first

Thanks, HairMetalIsGod
Projects:
Pokemon: Origin

Projects On Hold:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Of Desire
Digimon: Kari's Light
HairMetalIsGod

Postby seraphz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm

i got a question about samus plataformer, or maybe more of an idea idk yet, i was wondering if someone already planned to do the metroid queen from metroid other m, aside of that really good job all =) i had checked all the pages and played all metroid games did here
seraphz
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 pm

HairMetalIsGod Wrote:Hi Gorepete, got a quick question about this style of game-making. When you're making the level itself, I assume you have 2/3 layers of it (backgroud, active platform, foreground). To get the sheer size of the map, what do you do? Do you make it fit to say a 550 x 400 file and then make the sprites smaller...also coding it so that it zooms in on the player character? or do you have it across multiple scenes each triggered by a set area or something. Want to get started on backgrounds and just thought i'd ask for a little advice on them first

Thanks, HairMetalIsGod

You use a "virtual camera". It is a box that is the size and shape that you want the "camera" to be when the player is viewing your movie. It has the same proportions as the stage (although the size can be larger or smaller) and there is action script attached that set the stage size and shape to match that of the box/camera.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_nBNUTVmE
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby HairMetalIsGod » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:05 am

Thanks Gorepete, this'll be a huge help :)
Projects:
Pokemon: Origin

Projects On Hold:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Of Desire
Digimon: Kari's Light
HairMetalIsGod

Postby kiethoo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm

This a Dead Game?
It had potential.
kiethoo

Postby SoVeryFly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:24 am

Holy shit! is it me or is there no sound...? but keep up the good work! I can't put it into words how awesome this is... it's what a lot of people have been waiting for!
SoVeryFly
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:41 am

SoVeryFly Wrote:Holy shit! is it me or is there no sound...? but keep up the good work! I can't put it into words how awesome this is... it's what a lot of people have been waiting for!

lol.....

New forum users should check the dates! This is almost two years old! I have dropped the project long since, although the FLAs are posted in the thread somewhere for other to play with if they wish.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby daxtinator396 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:14 am

Ah Gore you should feel flattered people are still enjoying the game so much it was one of the first games i visited on this forum like about a month after you started it :)
daxtinator396

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Gorepete Wrote:
SoVeryFly Wrote:Holy shit! is it me or is there no sound...? but keep up the good work! I can't put it into words how awesome this is... it's what a lot of people have been waiting for!

lol.....

New forum users should check the dates! This is almost two years old! I have dropped the project long since, although the FLAs are posted in the thread somewhere for other to play with if they wish.

If you have read that then you should stop commenting on this thread an realize this project is over with
whatdontlookaatme

Postby riroku26795 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

OP does what he wants dick XD
yea i know i might have an ocasional good idea, but i have no experience in anything so :(
riroku26795
Newly Registered

Postby BlueBody » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:55 pm

whatdontlookaatme Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:

lol.....

If you have read that then you should stop commenting on this thread an realize this project is over with

/facepalm

*cough* You DO realize that he's the creator of this thread and also the creator of the project in question, right? He's got the right to respond in his own thread.... unless you were directing that at SoVeryFly, in which case you've quoted the wrong post.
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby daxtinator396 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 am

Nah I think that he's saying that that if they read what GP said they would stop posting on the thread.
daxtinator396

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:14 am

daxtinator396 Wrote:Nah I think that he's saying that that if they read what GP said they would stop posting on the thread.

Exactly, there's no point in commenting in a thread thats contents contain an abandoned project.
whatdontlookaatme

Postby Thee Pie Man » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:47 am

whatdontlookaatme Wrote:
daxtinator396 Wrote:Nah I think that he's saying that that if they read what GP said they would stop posting on the thread.

Exactly, there's no point in commenting in a thread thats contents contain an abandoned project.

Like I am doing right now to say, Like you have done twice by one seemingly quoting the wrong post I feel, and two putting the message I did quote. That about right?

If so I feel you are a huge hypocrite. Why do you even care?
I decided that it's not worth the time.
I do want to say regardless if there is an "Abandoned project" or not people can post in threads until they are closed. Unless an admin wishes to correct me on this which is perfectly fine, in any case. Why did you feel the need to re post basically what Gore said lol..Seem's more pointless then saying "good work" to a project. Regardless if it's "abandoned"

A lot of "Finished" things get abandoned but that doesn't mean people don't play them
~Life is fragile thing, but also it can be hardening, it can be enduring, it can be sad, it can be happy. If things don't seem to be going your way at first, look forward and hold on to what you believe in, it can be one of the strongest things of all~
Thee Pie Man

Location: Dunken Donuts, "If they don't have pie I am killing someone."

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop