Sakyubasu no Tatakai I (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai

Postby SpectralTime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 am

I personally figured he did it on purpose so that we wouldn't be able to go past it for an update or two, between the slowdown and the stunlocking.
SpectralTime

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 am

Oh. I've managed to start farming it, but it's still cheap as hell.

One more thing that's irked me. If you get hit from behind while running away, you get sucked into the enemies. This makes running towards your attackers better in a lot of situations. If you could fix this somehow, that would be great.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 am

Hey, the background animations are pretty cool.
The aerial hitboxes seem to be working as well.
I guess the Elites and their nifty little prizes will come in on the heels of some kind of plot-development, hey?
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:54 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:It's way too easy for the bees to stun lock you in a corner. Slow down their attacks or reduce the stun time, ploxzorz.

Nope. If you let them back you into a corner, you deserve death!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby omp123 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:08 am

So I take it you took out the sex scene with the wasp? Unless this is just a weird bug I'm getting. (no pun intended)
omp123

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:27 am

omp123 Wrote:So I take it you took out the sex scene with the wasp? Unless this is just a weird bug I'm getting. (no pun intended)

Nope, in fact I added two more.
GoRepeat

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:37 am

...Ooooh, those infinite spawning rooms aren't infinite spawning after all.

Also, I'm almost sure the hitboxes on the bee-counter are wrong.

By leaving the quality up at full and taking advantage of the matrix-like slow motion that resulted, I was able to witness Mistress getting stabbed in her sword and taking damage, and even getting stabbed in her "the air behind her back" and taking damage.
...Of course, if that's not a hitbox problem and ONLY a lag problem, then I didn't just "Witness" the difficulty, I actually created it.
Lucky777

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:56 am

Gorepete Wrote:
Zeus Kabob Wrote:It's way too easy for the bees to stun lock you in a corner. Slow down their attacks or reduce the stun time, ploxzorz.

Nope. If you let them back you into a corner, you deserve death!

Aww. When things spawn and effectively cover 80% of the map, I don't expect to get stun-locked and lose half my health if I get hit once. O.o
Zeus Kabob

Postby talin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 am

just checked out latest version, I kinda like the whole war-zone look you had going at the portal path. The background fights might be cooler if they where actual fights but lag still seems to be a small issue. I'd be interested in seeing the two AI sets go at it.
What is a goal but an attempt to gain a purpose? We don't really want the goals and advancements for themselves, we want them because it gives us a reason to act.
RP DnD roller: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
talin

Postby Ath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:24 am

There are a few things which I think should get some attention

Save data disappears if I close flash and re-open the SWF later, combined with the other things, it can be irritating.

No skip button on the intro:
Needs a skip button, it takes so long to just start playing the game, everytime I want to check something new I have to hit space a million times and go through a long wait. Then the fall, and the part before she finally gets up and move around, the fade transitions are also very slow even on low quality on my quad core, so it just adds to the frustration of wanting to get started.

But then you still don't get to start the game, you have to hti space another million times at the fairy (on top of which all of a sudden it changes from space to 'click here', which just adds to it even more), there needs to be a skip button here too, so you can just start playing the game.

The Great Wait
Ties in with above, game feels like it's about waiting instead of actually playing.

The first boss battle is too slow, it just adds to the feel the game is all about sitting there waiting and watching before getting to interact, I feel like it needs to be more action oriented, as it well appears as an action game.

Once I got the hang of fighting the bees/wasps, I don't feel like they were too slow, as I didn't stand around waiting etc.

Combat
Sometimes when I was trying to manuever out of harms way fighting the bees/wasps, I backflip away and end up taking a energy ball etc, or worse I back flip on top of them and get hit mulitple times before I can get away, this is real problem on the lower levels when it basically means death.

More of an aesthetic point, sword swing is too slow, it needs to execute soon as you press it, it's being waved really slow, I think the swing should only last a fraction of a second, perhaps just a quick blur, basically instant (although perhaps, level up this 'swing speed' as the character gets stronger), to maintain the same balance of gameplay, keep the same amount of time between swings (the amount of time before you can execute another swing etc).

It'd be great to have a defence against melee attacks, perhaps some kind of parry/counter with the sword you have to execute at the right time for it work, attack with one of the arrow keys, or double tap attack or something etc.
Ath

Postby Ath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 am

Also you seem to be able get attacked by the bees/wasps way out of range, from them just hitting the air in front of you by what looks like it'd scale to a metre.
Ath

Postby MobileGrunt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:00 pm

The background fights are neat enough as they move along as you beat the bees. And then the gorgers get the upperhand after you beat the elite.
MobileGrunt

Postby Con_18 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Mistresses boobs shrink when I use honeypot for some reason. And sometimes after a wasp counters I turn to go attack when its pulling it's weapons back to get hit by air.
Con_18

Postby Smackman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 am

i think i found a glich, i dashed away from the old boss ended uop right over the left endge of the screen and the arrow keys no longer work even after reloading the game
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 am

Con_18 Wrote:Mistresses boobs shrink when I use honeypot for some reason. And sometimes after a wasp counters I turn to go attack when its pulling it's weapons back to get hit by air.

Yeah their reach actually outdistances their weapons a bit. If it didn't , you could just stand outside their counter range and mash the attack key since you have a longer reach. The alternative is I shrink your weapon.
GoRepeat

Postby SpectralTime » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:46 am

I'm actually fine with the rebalanced bee girls, really. And the reduced slowdown is much appreciated.
SpectralTime

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:55 am

Or you lengthen the weapon graphic or put in something colourful that shows the true reach or something, of course
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:10 am

SpectralTime Wrote:I'm actually fine with the rebalanced bee girls, really. And the reduced slowdown is much appreciated.

Is it a noticible difference? I have a purty nice computation machine so I really can't tell that much. People with crappy systems need to let me know if it seems a lot better. The cost of doing what I did was pretty high (file size jumped from 1.9 to 6.8 megs) and I am not sure if it was worth it.
GoRepeat

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:13 am

I, as a certifiable member of the crappy machine brigade, will have a look, sir.

For me, on high quality it seemed just as laggy as before, but it did seem to respond a bit better to a reduction to medium or low quality, especially in the second bee room.

(Specifically, the doggy-style bee room.)
Lucky777

Postby Smackman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:22 am

i have 4 gigs of ram and it didnt lag a lot but i did get laggy jumps right after entering an area sometimes. had a couple other things open but with 4 gigs of ram i shouldnt have to close shit to run a flash game lol
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop