Sakyubasu no Tatakai I (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Sipher Wrote:Caught=raped health goes down.

Nope.

Sipher Wrote:bursts through your stomach.

Nope.

Sipher Wrote:Maybe make it stealth?

Nope.

ThePinkOne Wrote:If you look on the page, it seems you went for the Circled Pentagram which makes quite a bit of sense in terms of Defense.

For this reason I actually prefer the circled upright pentagram, and recommend its retention.
Lucky777

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
Sipher Wrote:Caught=raped health goes down.

Nope.

Sipher Wrote:bursts through your stomach.

Nope.

Sipher Wrote:Maybe make it stealth?

Nope.

ThePinkOne Wrote:If you look on the page, it seems you went for the Circled Pentagram which makes quite a bit of sense in terms of Defense.

For this reason I actually prefer the circled upright pentagram, and recommend its retention.

Darn, you beat me to the punch :lol:
whatdontlookaatme

Postby zferolie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, I will say I don't like any of the gorey options, but the others are promising.
zferolie

Postby GoRepeat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Suggestions are always welcome, but I already have a solid direction I am headed in.

That is to say, if you make a post that essentially says "Yo, dawg, I love your game but I think you should change everything about it and do it my way", I probably won't take it to seriously. :D

About the sword: It is supposed to be crappy and blunt because it is a starting weapon. It will be exchangeable. Keep in mind too that animations always look weird when you view them in an isolated context like the key selection menu. The attack animation is spastic looking because it is only about 6 frames long and being looped. In game, anything longer than 6 frames leads to animation/control delay like people were complaining about in the original Sakyu that the controls seemed "stiff" and unresponsive. In context, with a delay, the animation looks much better (or at least can be criticized more reliably).

Thank you all for your feedback though, I do let it influence my decision making :D
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby jedibob7 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:44 pm

thank you for clarifying everything gore ^^
jedibob7

Postby omp123 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 am

Speaking of, I think one of the weapons should be the coveted Giant Dick on a Stick. It's a large pixelated .jpg of a dick on a stick. Clearly an ultimate weapon.
omp123

Postby Sipher » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:32 am

@Gorepete
Very sorry >.< I didn't mean it like that. I was only reading through the first few posts and you asked for Ideas so I gave you all ideas on the game I had. I know neither how to animate nor do I know how much work it takes to put into one of theses games (Though I can guess it takes almost a year to finish) The game is great, take nothing I said as criticism, I merely wanted to give you ideas if you wanted to use them or build them in your own image. By all means I wish you to proceed in your own vision. I just wanted to maybe spark something in your mind if you got writers block or something. I tried to be as wide-varietied as possible.

@Everyone else.
I'd like everyone to keep in mind if they read my posts that I don't suggest things just because I want it put in, I think of the whole site and what everyone else would want put in it. Trust me, people like some pretty freaky things, but hey, I'm not here to judge, I'm here to give ideas :D I have fun coming up with them and whether people use them or not I'm just glad to help...or give people brain candy until the final project is done.
Hi! I'm Sipher, if you need help with ideas just PM me, I'm a walking brain-storm and I'll take on anything ^_-
Sipher

Postby Zero251 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 am

I must say, I was disappointed when KH: LD got cancelled, but I can see it's going to a good cause. How's the gameplay shaping up? Is it like the old Sakyu, is it like KH: LD, or somewhere in between? I didn't catch it if you answered it earlier.
Zero251

Postby zferolie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 am

What a way to end the stream, hahaha.

Great work today Gore. Loved the way it's going so far. Really looking forward to seeing that one option, if you decide to put it in
zferolie

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:50 am

Agreed, its going in a good direction
whatdontlookaatme

Postby OMGTANGERINES » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:51 am

The game looks awesome. The join.me chat looked slightly less awesome, but still >.>
Gorepete Wrote:Kidneys and other internal organs are over rated. As long as she has a womb and rectum we are good to go.
OMGTANGERINES

Postby Rawaqua » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:54 am

Wha-? Oh! *thonks head against wall* I missed the end of the stream..... No more tabbing away for me....
Rawaqua
Newly Registered

Postby zackxxi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 am

omp123 Wrote:Speaking of, I think one of the weapons should be the coveted Giant Dick on a Stick. It's a large pixelated .jpg of a dick on a stick. Clearly an ultimate weapon.

I was watching gore's stream the other night and gore made a sword that was a giant dildo. I do not know if it was actually planned to be released as a weapon though. ;b
zackxxi
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Oh man, I missed the end of the stream. Curse dat sleepinessssss XD

I DO believe I approve of the pink studs as a starting point, though, so thanks for thinking of that.

Sipher Wrote:I'd like everyone to keep in mind if they read my posts that I don't suggest things just because I want it put in, I think of the whole site and what everyone else would want put in it.

We don't do gore around these parts.
(This is Despite GP's name. XD
It should apparently be pronounced/thought of as something more like Go Repeat than Gore Pete, I have on his own authority.)

With that being said, although my first response to you consisted of 3 nopes and nothing more, please do feel welcome.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby lok987 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I love the new look and feel of this game. I see a bright future coming! :-)

However, I'm mildly confused about the scale of this new version. The old version was 3.87 MiB in size and had almost two fully completed and playable levels with lots of extra content. Whereas this new version is hardly smaller with 3.64 MiB in size and has only the title screen and some menu options until now.

Why is the size very similar, yet you can't do anything really in the new version?

Am I missing something here?
I don't suppose, the content is already in the flash file, but just hidden or something like that?
Please enlighten me. :-)
lok987

Postby GoRepeat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

lok987 Wrote:I love the new look and feel of this game. I see a bright future coming! :-)

However, I'm mildly confused about the scale of this new version. The old version was 3.87 MiB in size and had almost two fully completed and playable levels with lots of extra content. Whereas this new version is hardly smaller with 3.64 MiB in size and has only the title screen and some menu options until now.

Why is the size very similar, yet you can't do anything really in the new version?

Am I missing something here?
I don't suppose, the content is already in the flash file, but just hidden or something like that?
Please enlighten me. :-)

Hah! Good catch, you know I wasn't even looking at the file size. I had more fonts embedded than I needed (about 3 megs worth). I cut them out and the file size is more appropriate now ~400k
GoRepeat

Postby Gale Toral » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:Oh man, I missed the end of the stream. Curse dat sleepinessssss XD

I DO believe I approve of the pink studs as a starting point, though, so thanks for thinking of that.

Sipher Wrote:I'd like everyone to keep in mind if they read my posts that I don't suggest things just because I want it put in, I think of the whole site and what everyone else would want put in it.

We don't do gore around these parts.
(This is Despite GP's name. XD
It should apparently be pronounced/thought of as something more like Go Repeat than Gore Pete, I have on his own authority.)

With that being said, although my first response to you consisted of 3 nopes and nothing more, please do feel welcome.

I can never think of his name as Gore pete. I think of it as Go-re pete. No idea why
Gale Toral

Postby webought » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Sakyubasu no Tatakai means Battle of Succubus in japanese ;D
c:<
webought

Postby Biles » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Gorepete Wrote:Hah! Good catch, you know I wasn't even looking at the file size. I had more fonts embedded than I needed (about 3 megs worth). I cut them out and the file size is more appropriate now ~400k

I noticed the file size myself as well. But I always assumed it was the color selection palette as if it had to do some sort of calculations to get some sort of specific color based on users' choice or something.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby GoRepeat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Biles Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:Hah! Good catch, you know I wasn't even looking at the file size. I had more fonts embedded than I needed (about 3 megs worth). I cut them out and the file size is more appropriate now ~400k

I noticed the file size myself as well. But I always assumed it was the color selection palette as if it had to do some sort of calculations to get some sort of specific color based on users' choice or something.

Nah, shapes, animation, scripting... the guts of the flash animation are always compressed fairly well and usually only take up about 15% of any given project. The bulk of file size is always imported items such as sound, fonts, raw images etc that don't compress that much more than they already are. For example, if I added a bgm loop, the size would probably jump back up to 2 meg, where 400k was the actual game and 1.6 was the music!
GoRepeat

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop