Corta's Character Template - Release (25th april)

A place to post shared animations, character models, sounds, artwork and more for others to use. It's all about collaboration baby!

Corta's Character Template - Release (25th april)

Postby corta » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:24 pm

CORTA'S CHARACTER TEMPLATE

~ it finally got it's own thread. ~

Version: April 25th, 2016.

Latest: new "mult" system means we can have more than one character on screen at a time. yay for orgies!
Notes: be on the lookout for anything I've missed, there's always a few lines of code that slip through.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 6.29 MiB | Viewed 3272 times ]

DOWNLOADS:

Full Template
for flash CS5

Template Lite
Lite version has all costumes removed, but has the same main parts for animation.
useful for getting rid of program lag when testing/animating.
drag-and-drop to replace with full template when done.

Everything here is open source.
Make games, animations or whatever you want.
Just give some credit to all the people who've made this possible. and link back here for people to find more-of-the-same.
If you're making money using this, please consider throwing something in the hat.

Anyways, enjoy yourselves!

Thanks to:

me (duh)
Playshapes
GoRepeat
SteelSaurus
KaTsuO_O
Digfree
LuftMallow
Guilmonex
Valithan
AnotherArrow
SlayerJ
Megami
Ronpepper
DarkHedgehog
AdvanceKittens
Myuu
Mdgn
Illusive Man
Ivan-Aedler
Konashion

~ Love all of yahs <3

Projects using the template:

Image The SimBro Game (Brothel Sim) by Marune
My Stuff: [ Flash Edits Thread ][12/5/18] [ Corta'SPLATFORMER ][10/9/14] [ Character Template ][25/4/16] [ 3D Pit ][21/5/11]
Want to send me some of your exquisite foreign currency? I've got a Patreon!
corta

Re: Corta's Character Template - Release (25th april)

Postby that man » Tue May 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Huh. I wish I had the ability to use flash so I could use these templates, since yout characters look so nice.
that man

Postby JacksonGood » Wed May 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Love your games. Thanks for releasing this.
JacksonGood

Postby texasstallion » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Sorry in advance, if these are ignorant questions.

can you use this template with html 5 or flash developer, is this exclusice to flash cs5 and if so where can i get flash cs5 for cheap. what is the best free alternative for flash cs5, or unity?
texasstallion

Postby corta » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm

ooh, comments!
...nobody looks at this end of the forum, huh?
I mean.. I barely do.

that man Wrote:Huh. I wish I had the ability to use flash so I could use these templates, since yout characters look so nice.

and one-a these days, I'll use it too!

..next project is animation template. I promise.

JacksonGood Wrote:Love your games. Thanks for releasing this.

:D

texasstallion Wrote:can you use this template with html 5 or flash developer

I havent used either, so *shrug*
if it's any of those, it'd be flash dev -- but I've still got no idea if it will work.

texasstallion Wrote:where can i get flash cs5 for cheap.

cheap? nowhere.
free? yarr. :P

texasstallion Wrote:what is the best free alternative for flash cs5, or unity?

adobe keeps a pretty tight leash on it's products, aint that much that works that hasnt been sued into the ground.
and I've heard that unity don't do flash n'more -- I looked into doing a unity port, once.

..long story short, I wouldn't dive into using something like this if you don't already have experience using flash. :|
My Stuff: [ Flash Edits Thread ][12/5/18] [ Corta'SPLATFORMER ][10/9/14] [ Character Template ][25/4/16] [ 3D Pit ][21/5/11]
corta

Postby Mirko » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks for the template is very nice and for games.
Mirko
Newly Registered

Postby texasstallion » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 am

Ok are their any good tutorials on how to use this template or templetes like this on in cs6
texasstallion

Postby StalloneCodone » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:36 am

I try to use this in Adobe Animate CC, but there are problems, what program are you using?
StalloneCodone
Newly Registered

Postby Kumokumo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:07 am

corta Wrote:ooh, comments!
texasstallion Wrote:where can i get flash cs5 for cheap.

cheap? nowhere.
free? yarr. :P

That just made my day. :lol:

You're a funny guy (girl?) Corta :D
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

Postby Kumokumo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:39 am

Like the new Update! Although i did notice a small issue, it looks like Shadow Samus has part of her back shaved off and it makes her look unnaturally thin (at least in my opinion). If it was intentional that's ok, but if not maybe you can take a peek there and see if you agree (or not lol). :)
" V o d k a m e a n s w a t e r i n R u s s i a n "
Kumokumo

Postby ANooB » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:02 pm

texasstallion Wrote:Sorry in advance, if these are ignorant questions.

can you use this template with html 5 or flash developer, is this exclusice to flash cs5 and if so where can i get flash cs5 for cheap. what is the best free alternative for flash cs5, or unity?

A free alternative would be to combine FlashDevelop for coding, then you can snag a copy of the Starling framework along with a copy of DragonBones. From there, create a character in GIMP similar to Corta's setup here, animate in Dragonbones, then utilize FlashDevelop to create a Starling stage that runs in a Flash player. It's actually much better than flash because you're using textured 3d objects which is way easier than drawing vectors every frame.
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby erotgg1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:59 am

So uh, I've been lurking for a while. I notice that it is open source, so is it OK for me to take it apart and use it in something other than flash?
I don't have any AC3 experience, but I'm fluent in C++ and C#, so I'd probably use Unreal Engine or Unity. :)
erotgg1234
Newly Registered

Re: Corta's Character Template

Postby corta » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:44 am

sure, have at it! ;)

and hey.. if you can actually get it to work in other formats, I'd love to see that happen :)
corta

Postby chulengo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:34 am

Hello! I'm a game dev, a programmer, and I wanted to make a side proyect on my own. I'm very bad with art so after playing SimBro I thought, wow!, that's a convenient way of making animations for this kind of game (that normally had stills). For my surprise part of the art is open, so I'll try to port it to Unity, using either dragon bones or the re-released anima2d. Came to say thanks. I'll keep you posted if I can make it work too!
chulengo

Postby Apalapan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:28 pm

chulengo Wrote:Hello! I'm a game dev, a programmer, and I wanted to make a side proyect on my own. I'm very bad with art so after playing SimBro I thought, wow!, that's a convenient way of making animations for this kind of game (that normally had stills). For my surprise part of the art is open, so I'll try to port it to Unity, using either dragon bones or the re-released anima2d. Came to say thanks. I'll keep you posted if I can make it work too!

Awesome, I'm following any project that uses Corta's models :D
NEWLY REGISTERED USERS READ
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

-READ BEFORE YOU ASK SOMETHING ALREADY ANSWERED. USE THE SEARCH TOOL. DON'T WASTE PEOPLES' TIME WITH USELESS POSTS! I'M A SARCASTIC PIECE OF CRAP. DON'T MAKE ME HATE YOU.
Apalapan

Postby corta » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:29 pm

chulengo Wrote:Hello! I'm a game dev, a programmer, and I wanted to make a side proyect on my own. I'm very bad with art so after playing SimBro I thought, wow!, that's a convenient way of making animations for this kind of game (that normally had stills). For my surprise part of the art is open, so I'll try to port it to Unity, using either dragon bones or the re-released anima2d. Came to say thanks. I'll keep you posted if I can make it work too!

bit late to the party .. but yaaay! :D
and send me a message when you get something. I'd be more than happy to add you to the stuff list!

good luck and have fun! ;)
corta

Postby Tlazolteotl » Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi guys!
I have started to use Corta's Character Template.
I have done some good progress so far and I think it is going to be perfect for my next games development.
Some pictures of my progress so far :
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

15952650886432868286.png
15952650886432868286.png (167.4 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

Sans_titre2.png
Sans_titre2.png (55.54 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (46.32 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

Thank you a lot to share this with us, it is great!
Tlazolteotl

Postby chulengo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 am

corta Wrote:

bit late to the party .. but yaaay! :D
and send me a message when you get something. I'd be more than happy to add you to the stuff list!

good luck and have fun! ;)

Hello again, RL got in the way, but after fighting a lot with flash that I opened for the first time in my life(and it crashes and crashes :P ), I managed to get the character rigged in Unity. Now I need to code all the magic that you do in flash with the recolors of the skin, hair, etc., but I think I'll manage, then some animations. I even made a little bouncing for the boobs, need to tweak it some more. I leave a gif so you see how it's going.

first.gif
Preview
first.gif (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1087 times

For the game, I'll wait for the characters setup before doing anything else, so it''ll take some time before seeing anything :)
chulengo

Postby corta » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:53 am

chulengo Wrote:I managed to get the character rigged in Unity.

:o multi-layers actually works in there?
wow-ee .. I might have to start learning unity after this next project..

nice work and good luck, chulen! ;)
corta

Postby chulengo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:29 am

corta Wrote:
chulengo Wrote:I managed to get the character rigged in Unity.

:o multi-layers actually works in there?

Yeah, in fact, the las piece of the puzzle that was the way for masking the skin where it came out from the clothes was added on last Unity release. When I started I hadn't noticed the "hider".

If you start with Unity just let me know if you need help, got a couple years of experience. My only problem is my inability of making PMs, and I had many doubts makin the char >.<

Got the skins working, I'm focusing in the main clothes now. (the gif has bad quality)
skinChange.gif
skinChange.gif (124.24 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Probably I'll make a thread when I finish my setup cause I'm no artist and I'll need help on that department for my project. I'll be a patron as soon as I can :D. I liked FYC!
chulengo

Next

Return to Resources