Favorite games?

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Favorite games?

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:10 pm

What are everyone's favorite games?

Here are mine that I think are worth sharing.
You might tell that I like halo from my profile picture, and because everyone probably knows halo, I'm going to spend time on other things.

Half Life 2
I once heard that during Halo's glory days people argued whether half life 2 or halo 2 was better. Considering that Half life 2 only has campaign, that's impressive. Seriously, the game takes you through multiple dimensions in an incredibly varied solo experience. I mean to emphasize how 'solo' the experience is. It's just you and your gun. You go through combine armies, you pass through ravenholm- half-life 2's frightening version of the zombie experience, and through dimensions. This game reminds you why silent protagonists are in gaming- I remember little about me except for the gun I'm holding and the incredible storywriting valve does.

Battlefield 3
-BF3 deserves praise from me for having the best multiplayer combat that I've ever experienced. It's not something you can try out ever again, but I'd like to comment on one interesting feature in the game. Coming to BF3 with no previous experience, the gameplay is tough. For me, a halo player, the 1-3 second kill times are something hard to get used to. How do you ever decide that in the open, which corridors are safe to cross and which ones aren't? The safe and dangerous spots might look the same.

If you've ever seen some satire video called FBI agent training, something like that, the video shows a picture of some snowy retreat and then asks you to find the sniper in the picture, you then realize there's no sniper in the picture. That's basically finding snipers in battlefield for me when I had to learn the game- but soon anyone half decent at the game knows where to show up and where to not show up.

But mastering jet flying and helicopter flying was incredibly difficult but incredibly rewarding. Flying the jet made you untouchable to everything else other than enemy jets, and being the top gun on the map basically made you feel like a god. But it's really the diverse and well-tuned gunplay that made the game so good.

Skyrim
-Mods. Lots of mods.

Flash games
These things are really the backbone of the fun internet for me.
I recommend these games beyond all others I've ever played to you- and I've been playing flash games for a looong time.

Phoenotopia
-This game is too good for me to even pretend I should describe it. The author is in the process of making phoenotopia 2!

Ge.ne.sis
-It's a laggy as hell (I guess pushing limits of flash) but one of the most conceptually provocative, beautiful (art-wise) games I've played, and it has absurdly fun characters.
Last edited by MajorMajorMajorMajor on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Re: Favorite games?

Postby MishyMashy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:11 am

Skyrim, I suppose, always a good one for me.

I'm a big Pokémon fan, although I've missed out on a couple of the latest generations.

Dragon Age, always been fond of Origins. Didn't mind the next two as much as most people.

Mass Effects 1-3 (even with 3's underwhelming ending). Never actually picked up Andromeda. Guess I just didn't feel the need to.

Those are probably the big ones for me.
MishyMashy

Postby dleachbrinker » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 am

I've sunk a ridiculous amount of hours in skyrim and the witcher series as a whole. Mass effect as well. Something about a strong story driven game has me entranced.

Right now I'm playing fire emblem 3 houses and that's been a great experience.
dleachbrinker

Postby SilverFlames43 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 am

I enjoyed the Pokemon series but haven't gotten up to date with the newer generations because I was unable to afford the console. I liked Skyrim and Fallout 4.
SilverFlames43
Newly Registered

Postby Embers » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:02 am

I played lots of a really shitty European RPG called Two Worlds. Part 1 and 2.

It's really bad and no should play it, but for some reason it hooked me for a while.
Embers

Postby kevineleven » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pm

I love to play douchebag workout which is a workout game where I can make body and do a couple of exercises and be popular. I came to know this game from famous app called blackmart.
kevineleven
Newly Registered

Postby Onimiv » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:40 pm

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:What are everyone's favorite games?

I like games. What games? Depends on my mood so the list is never big enough.

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:Halo
Half Life 2
Battlefield 3
Skyrim

You really like First Person Shooters huh? Half Life 2 (Episode 2) ended with a cliffhanger though. :(
Any Half Life, Elder Scrolls (Skyrim), System Shock, Halo or Fallout 3/4 has a focus on FPS+story in the past/future so they're nice. Never played Battlefield.

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:Flash games

Phoenotopia
Ge.ne.sis

I think you could say Indie games here. But while I do love vector art (used in most flash games) it is slow as the device has to draw everything from schematics instead of copying a bunch of pixels, that's why it's unusual to see non-flash games using it.

PS:
Thanks for reminding me of Phoenotopia, I remember playing it but never bothered to finish it. Was probably around the time I found Cave Story.
"Hold me Gently, ​Kiss me Plenty!"
A.K.A. Titilonic

Find me Here
"I agree with that Onim person" ='D
Onimiv

Postby Lynxy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:03 am

I think my favorite game over the last few years would be Elite:Dangerous.

I don't play as much as I used to for reasons, but there's still a lot I like so until a better space game comes along that's where I'll be more often than not.

Also borderlands. All of them. Best game series ever.

If story games are your thing, try out "What remains of Edith Finch" It's also a very great game.
Lynxy

Postby Sexy Raccoon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm

At the time I loved Halo 2 (when I had my XBOX)
As a child I loved one called Lost Vikings .... ufff! beautiful game
Ah! also all of Worms.
I currently play LoL, but I can't say it's the game that represents me
Sexy Raccoon

Postby Jumbo70 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:29 pm

I play too many games.. :D

Currently im playing Pubg on xbox, RDR2, LoL, Squad, Arma 3, Cities:skylines and many more. Should probably do something else aswell :D
Jumbo70

Postby musical74 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:45 am

Geez I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 was a big thing, you want me to pick a favorite? Hmmmm....I don't know if it's all time favorite but I really love Final Fantasy 6. Deep story, lots of action, a few VERY heart-rending scenes if certain things happen (Celes tries to kill herself out of despair), fun stuff. More recent would be Stardew Valley, and Recettear an Item Shop's Tale (farm sim and a cute store sim)
musical74

Postby Onimiv » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:15 pm

musical74 Wrote:... I really love Final Fantasy 6. Deep story, lots of action, a few VERY heart-rending scenes if certain things happen (Celes tries to kill herself out of despair) ...

I also like FF6. I've heard that your favorite FF is your first (and mine was 6 or 3 if you're going with the Super Nintendo American version) but it's still the best, and last, 2D FF. Not only does it have a great story, you can also save some characters from near-certain death, meaning that your actions matter! (unlike other FF games)
"Hold me Gently, ​Kiss me Plenty!"
A.K.A. Titilonic

Find me Here
"I agree with that Onim person" ='D
Onimiv

Postby willtylor » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:40 pm

I just finished the Witcher season 1, and it made me start playing the Witcher 3 again. That's one the best games ever made IMHO. TV series was surprisingly good too.
willtylor
Newly Registered

Postby Test1237564 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:06 am

I've put too many hours into spelunky HD and am now putting too many hours into spelunky 2. Something about roguelike games where your first run and last run are identical with only your skill changing is great to me, so usually in that genre.
Test1237564

Postby WarioWrafthXZ! » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:37 pm

I am always been a Platform guy but i loved also RPG games
i grew up playing Crash Bandicoot's, Mario's, Wario's and Pokemon's games.

My favorite platform games right now is Crash Bandicoot 4 It's abpout time but the Trilogy always gives me nostalgia feeling
My favorite RPG games are Final Fantasy X for the Story, but the Legend of Heroes Saga games are pretty good too. I'll wish to play Fire Emblem Three house and Persona Royal too (and perhaps changing my favorite once i played them).
My favorite Fighting games are the Smash series.
While i never liked War games i make an exception for Valkyria Chronicles
WarioWrafthXZ!

Postby Test1237564 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 pm

I've yet to play royal yet, but base persona 5 was an excellent game, although it it was not 100% the whole way through.
Test1237564

Postby WarioWrafthXZ! » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:58 pm

is it better to play persona 5 which is MUCH cheaper than Royal, or the changes of Royal makes up for it?
WarioWrafthXZ!

Postby Test1237564 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 am

Royal is supposed to be the definitive edition of the game I think and it changes a lot but not everything. Problem is if you get the original version and enjoy it you will end up having to replay the entire game just for those changes, which really kick in near the end. So if you think you will enjoy the game it's probably worth getting royal.
Test1237564

Postby WarioWrafthXZ! » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Thanks mate, i will indeed give P5 Royal a shot.
Too bad there isn't a game similar to Persona 4 Arena Ultramix but with Persona 5 characters included but oh well.
I will also wait for Persona 6 to come out eventually.
WarioWrafthXZ!

Postby Test1237564 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 am

P4A was great yeah, if anything similar comes out for P5 it would be a surprise. At least P5 strikers is coming out, so spinoffs are not completely dead
Test1237564

Next

Return to General