it's a shame to see things now

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

it's a shame to see things now

Postby Luka2005 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

I started looking around here a couple of years ago it's kinda sad to see some of the things that have gone by....

So i just kinda wanted to ask, what is new around here are there any big games being made in the creative section right now?
Luka2005

Re: it's a shame to see things now

Postby MackU » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 am

Yeah, I have to say it’s a bit calmer than it used to be here.
And from what I’ve seen on the game side there doesn’t seem to be anything that gathers a lot of people around it right now, it’s mostly people showing their updates and sometimes get a few reactions between two patch notes. (But I might have missed one that is actually big community wise here right now.)
MackU

Postby Luka2005 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:18 pm

i was mainly here for humbird0's pokemon game and then the other one but i see those are both discontinued, sad i thought they were good games.... it's a shame nintendo had to get into the picture on something i'm sure the authors would have never been able to nor wanted to make money off of...
Luka2005

Postby MackU » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Yeah, sadly there are lots of good games being discontinued either because the makers lost their will to keep going or because real life issue gets in the way.
If I remember correctly humbird had to stop because of his job, which is something that seems to happen a lot.
It might be just me but I feel like it's rare for a game to actually be finished now, it's a bit sad but I can't blame the makers for living their lives.
MackU

Postby Luka2005 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:36 pm

I can't either but i wish they would attempt or have the will to finish those games i just finished pokemorph and now I'm bummed out because it was unfinished....
Luka2005

Postby MackU » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:24 am

Yeah, I hope some of the devs will come back to their games once they get more time.
MackU

Postby Luka2005 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 pm

one can only hope I actuall kinda enjoyed Pokemorph a little more than the Hentai version due to the fact that they used Original characters instead of the bas ASH misty and such.
Luka2005

Postby MackU » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 am

Oh yeah, I remember playing that one a while ago! I actually forgot it was an adult game for a moment when I first played it because the story was nice and got surprised when the virus kicked in and the pokemon had all changed on the way back to pallet town haha.
Well, the fact that I played a non-adult pokemon Rom Hack before that probably also played a role; but yeah Pokemorph was a cool game!
MackU

Postby Luka2005 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:20 am

i like the sexy looking pokemon but i have to say the Hentai version had better models, if you ask me I played pokemon as a young kid, i can see a place for the adult pokemon games at least on the pc....
Luka2005

Postby MackU » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:46 pm

I remember some years ago pokemon adult games were popular to a point where people started making pokemon like games with new pokemon and original protagonists.
But now even if we still get some it feels like there are way less adult pokemon games, I wonder if there are any reasons behind that.
MackU

Postby Luka2005 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Well, sadly i wasn't big into custom games at that time.
Luka2005

Postby Onimiv » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:57 pm

MackU Wrote:I remember some years ago pokemon adult games were popular to a point where people started making pokemon like games with new pokemon and original protagonists.
But now even if we still get some it feels like there are way less adult pokemon games, I wonder if there are any reasons behind that.

Reminds me of Pokemon Uranium, which was axed by Nintendo (https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/14/12472 ... n-nintendo),
That was 9 years of development right there, it's probably worse when it comes to lewd games as they get attention.
Poor Porkyman.
Onimiv

Return to General