Legend of Krystal Rebirth's Poor Design

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Legend of Krystal Rebirth's Poor Design

Postby Collywog » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:37 pm

So before anyone criticizes me for the game being in production, I am in the industry and am very aware of the process of creating a game from start to finish. For the sake of my anonymity I'd prefer not to disclose the titles I've worked on, however I can tell you that I took into full consideration the content that is currently in the game and based the entirety of my study on it on its expected content (what I could find of it anyway) and the way the content in the game is currently being produced.

I'd like to start off by saying I do not want this game to fail. Having discovered the original of this game years ago I took the time to take a look at the new version LOK Rebirth since I heard people were donating money to it. I'm here to tell you all not to waste your money until the game undergoes some fundamental design changes.

Although credit where credit is due, for the small team they are working with, their production rate was surprisingly fast in the beginning (it has since slowed down).

Anyways this https://docs.google.com/document/d/16FVsVEznU4CLE2SKK3CGBewXNnUnawigL_lxBC4orQU/edit?usp=sharing is a quick doc I've composed of a select few of the fundamental design flaws with LOK rebirth in its current state as of ver o.4e that will make it a poor investment in which you will not be happy with the end result.

Let me reiterate, I do not want this game to fail, but if it continues in the direction it is then it is absolutely doomed to fail, or if it reaches completion will be an utter disappointment for all those who invested in it.
Collywog
Newly Registered

Re: Legend of Krystal Rebirth's Poor Design

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:39 am

Thank you for the detailed information, I think it could start a good discussion here!

I have to make one thing clear, this forum at large isn't responsible for the LoK: Rebirth project, though it was inspired by the game our forum created. Please let Kuja and Alcander know about the existence of this thread so they can discuss this with you here.
Zeus Kabob

Return to General