So my friend joined a cult

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re: So my friend joined a cult

Postby JohnSion123 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Well as is said cults drag people in almost proffesionally and make them believe what they're doing is right. If you try to interfere, your friend probably won't listen and think you are trying to sabotage them in some way. But i really don't know what you swhould do so i don't know what im doing here
JohnSion123
Newly Registered

Re: So my friend joined a cult

Postby TheWrongHands » Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 am

Goryokaku Wrote:Guess I'll throw my 2 cent in, it's not advice in what you should do but more to inform you about what probably happened.

Them joining a cult or "group" was probably done meticulously and unless you lived near them and interacted with them in person you probably couldn't do anything to stop it happening. Cults have this habit of isolating the people they recruit or choose to recruit. Those who do this are unfortunately very talented at it and it can and will probably separate them from their irl friends and family too. The only thing i could say as advice if you notice this is to try to contact their family to see if they can let you know what's happening but that might only make you look like a threat if they've never met you or heard of you. But at least it can let the family know of the possible issue. But if they were being recruited your chances of stopping it was very, very slim.

perhaps, but for years i soft balled their nonsensical beliefs and i can't help but wonder if maybe i had challenged them more and helped teach them how to think rationally that maybe they would have then had the tools they needed to resist.
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Previous

Return to General