Hi! Need some informations here!

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Hi! Need some informations here!

Postby Tyros Agame » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57 am

Hi people! I warn right now, I'm french :D Sorry for my grammatical mistake in your langage, blablabla :D ! Salut les français au passage!

I will create a game ( like Corruption Of Champions ) in a zombi apocalypse world. This univers always passionate me. The project isn't really start but the world is already advance. The project name is Silent March. First it was a RP world and rules create by me and some friends.

Since I'm a young man ( 18 years old legaly here and not before i swear! :D ) I always love adult game. But I never find a real French community like Legend Of Krystal. NEVER. Oh, thanks to this english games, I understand certainly better this langage but ... ! :lol: I want create this game in french.

So I have few questions.

First, I read rules but i can't find something who prohibit to post in French. Can I? Or must I speak in my wobbly english? x)
Second I want to know if there is here some french who haunt this site like me :P Maybe they speak better english and in a second time i could need them to traduct the game.
Third, maybe somone know a french communauty, and i won't bother Legend of Krystal with the start of my game and come back with a traducted game!

I will have a patreon and a discord channel ( they are created but not really moderated yet ) I still post the discord link https://discord.gg/UtQ6qRe and if someone want more informations, help me or encourage me, they are welcome!
Tyros Agame
Newly Registered

Re: Hi! Need some informations here!

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:38 pm

I don't think there would be a problem if you post bilingually, like this.
Je ne pense pas qu'il y'a une probleme si tu ...poste bilingualment (?), comme ca. Aussi, desole, il fait longtemps que je parlais francais, et je n'ai pas un keyboard francais pour les accents.

Same with the game, my recommendation is to do it with both English and French translation. There are many more people who speak English on the internet, so your game will get more attention if there's an English version.

A lot of developers here are from places like Brazil or Ukraine or whatever, so don't worry if you don't if you don't have a strong grasp of English, you'll fit right in. In general, English speakers aren't as defensive about the English language as French speakers are of French, and French is pretty close to English as far as languages go. There are English speakers who can't stand to play games in poor English, but here on LoK, there will also be people who will volunteer to help you translate better, if they feel like you've made something worth their time.
AcetheSuperVillain

Re: Hi! Need some informations here!

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Your English is perfectly understandable, so I don't think it's a problem.

Je parle un petit peu du Francais. (I speak just a bit of French)

It's the moderating team's wish and responsibility to keep the forum respectful and rule-abiding. If we can't read posts, we can't properly handle situations that get out of hand. If you want to make posts in French, please include an English translation of the post. Not only does it make it easier on me and the rest of the mod team here, but it also allows for both French and English speakers to interact.

As Ace said, you can surely find someone who would be willing to translate your work or edit it to help with the English portion.

Thanks for asking, and I hope to see your game in progress!
Zeus Kabob

Return to General