Weird Forum issue

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Weird Forum issue

Postby Kuragari » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:38 am

Alright, this has happened once or twice before but now this is happening every other time I seem to load a page. For some reason the forum is going from it's usual look to a white only thing that looks like some old style forum made via HTML coding only.

screenshot here.

forum issue.png

anyone else having this issue?
Kuragari

Re: Weird Forum issue

Postby musical74 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:30 am

I have a few times, I'm guessing the page didn't load properly. Generally leaving the page and returning in a few minutes it seems to be OK. Why it happens, that I couldn't tell you (I'm no programmer or coder)
musical74

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:35 pm

It's something to do with browsers. I think if there's some kind of hang-up or memory drain, they try to load the website in a plain format instead of stylized format to prevent it from taking forever. It seems to happen a lot on forums for some reason.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby kvier » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 am

For the past 24 hours, this (failing to load CSS at all) has been happening to me. If I go into my browser's dev tools, and look at the network activity, it tries to load a stylesheet ... but for some reason it gets an empty file instead?

If I manually change the URL of the stylesheet from "cache=1" to "cache=0" or remove it altogether, then things work correctly. But I have no idea what's the next thing to try.
kvier

Return to General