Hi

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Hi

Postby Cymorald » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:09 am

So... I'm new here, I was told to go and put messages here so I could be private messaged.
I wouldn't want to waste space, so... well, sort of what I do is fanfiction, so, um, let's discuss that.
How many people got their start with sexual writing with fanfiction? Anything you're really proud of? Anything non-sexual that you still think about sometimes?
Cymorald

Re: Hi

Postby mrblah » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:14 pm

well, i for one used to write back in my days, and i wrote a lot. had this entire story done with about 5 or so main characters and a bunch of side characters that are less neglected than your usual side characters. i didn't exactly start with writing, however. i got to all of this via roleplay, and a friend who was really into smut. i can't say i've made anything i'm proud of, but i am making something that i think will be given that kind of trophy.

and yes, to the last question. i was thinking about making a webcomic inspired by paranatural and night in the woods, but i'm still iffy on whether or not i wanna take a plunge like that.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Cymorald » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 am

Oh, that sounds quite interesting! You deserve to feel proud of yourself just for finishing something, you know... I'd like to know more.

A webcomic is a lot of responsibility, and it would be a lot of consistent work, but it would be nice to see those characters again... um, hopefully in less depressing situations...
Cymorald

Postby VinGareth » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:27 am

Roleplay is an amazing start because you bounce ideas off of a gm or a player and create the story cooperatively, if that makes sense.
I wrote quite a bit, even took a few creative writing classes for electives. Honestly, as I play D&D almost religiously, I think DMing is one of the best ways to improve your writing skills (and improving your writing skills makes you better at DMing!). Either you prepare beforehand with a fleshed out storyline and events, or you improv on the spot. Both force you to think about all of the possibilities of the situation, improving your creative skills.
VinGareth

Postby Cymorald » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:29 pm

That's... sort of why I'm more willing to do it than any of my actual writing at the moment, it feels easier, and sort of more... well, spontaneous, more real, with such an unpredictable narrator... barely anything in my own stories surprises me anymore, so...
Cymorald

Introduction

Postby Cymorald » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:12 pm

So... hello. I'm Cymorald. I make characters mostly, and worlds. I like writing.
I'm, well, naturally submissive, extremely so, and can't really play dominant.
I prefer being a player to being a DM.

So... any questions or thoughts or anything?
Cymorald

Postby VinGareth » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:38 am

That's actually a great way of describing RP. Just keep in mind though, maybe nothing in your own stories surprise you because you're thinking of the surprise. It's like getting surprised at a surprise birthday party that you planned, you know? RP helps get you into the mindset of the reader, where you have to react to situations instead of creating them yourself. Also, having someone else have a story that you play a part in might just inspire you to new ideas and allow you to surprise yourself again. Keep at it, always glad to see more writers!
VinGareth

Postby Cymorald » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:48 am

I will, thank you, I hope it all goes well, and... of course, that does make sense. It will be nice to not be in control of every last detail for once.
Cymorald

Re: Introduction

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:59 am

I have questions and thoughts

... on everything

EDIT: I thought I put this in the other topic where it would have been funny...
AcetheSuperVillain

Return to General