What are the erotic staples of a game?

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

What are the erotic staples of a game?

Postby Asphaltoid » Sat May 13, 2017 1:49 pm

So I was wondering: what do you think are the erotic staple elements of a game you enjoy the most?

Obviously, one is sex.

For me they definitely include Harem, Romance (I'm cheesy), and Inter-Humanoid Relationships (species sounded too general).

Which are your staples?
Asphaltoid

Re: What are the erotic staples of a game?

Postby Ungawa » Sun May 14, 2017 2:14 am

To be honest?

I like a good relationship that can actually change over time. The Noble Privileges (specifically) and corruption games (in general) do that for me (kind of why I played CoC so long)

Harems are great, but I wish more of them had something to say about the girls having relationships both to you and each other. The gods only knew that Hera hated competition and Zeus was a shape shifting rapist for all the crap he put people through...

But eh, it's corruption, story, and harem if I had to name three.
Ungawa

Postby Nicodemus_Reborn » Mon May 15, 2017 8:58 pm

For me, character development and corruption. Those go hand-in-hand to increase the impact of each.
Nicodemus_Reborn

Postby VinGareth » Tue May 23, 2017 4:05 am

IMO, some sort of character customization really helps out. CoC and TiTS are pretty good examples of this, either with designing a character backstory or traits and attributes. On top of that, they also allow you to change some cosmetic traits. Customization adds a lot of content for not very much work; all you need is to make whatever assets you are using for the description/images and some way of changing out the different features.
VinGareth

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 am

Immersion is a really important aspect for a successful erogame. You're probably playing an erogame in the first place because you want to leave the reality behind. The really good erogames are the ones that can strongly establish the rules of the world and connect you to the characters or events of the game.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Silverdragon » Wed May 24, 2017 12:39 pm

If by staples you mean tags....it depends on the players preferences. If by staples you mean the features of the game...then it depends on the type of game your playing: if it is a slave maker kind of game I like more characterization on the characters that are not slaves; if it is a romance harem (not harem collector) I prefer that a deep characterization applies to every member of the harem (The Last Sovereign is a good(if not the best) example of this);If it is a plain harem that is aimed at the pleasure of the harem holder, its best for me to have something in the middle of the previous two.

And I 100% agree with Ace's poiny on game immersion.
Silverdragon

Return to General