Splatformer is Dead, who's gonna make a new one?

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Splatformer is Dead, who's gonna make a new one?

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:01 pm

So Corta just announced on his other topic that "splatformer is dead". On the one hand I'm sad to see it die, but on the other hand, it means someone can stop waiting for Corta to work on Splatformer and make Splatformer themselves. Although, I don't know why you had to wait for Corta in the first place, it's not like making a platform shooter with a bunch of sexy characters was something he had permanent dibs on.

You might be thinking, "Ace, are you going to make a new Splatformer?" Pfft, please, I've got shit to do. That said, I did just download Elevator Action and Metal Slug for MAME, so that does get the creative juices flowing (wait, ewww).

I at least want to throw some ideas around with you about what a new Splatformer might look like.

I would just say that the platform shooting in Splatformer left much to be desired. I'm not a fan of one-handed controls in the first place, since I'm either jacking it or blasting things, rarely both at once, and people always make one-handed controls for the wrong hand. I definitely feel like if you're going to do an action game mechanic, do it right.
AcetheSuperVillain

Re: Splatformer is Dead, who's gonna make a new one?

Postby sketcher » Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 pm

Working on getting my coding skills up to par in this area, though for career reasons an HTML5 / Javascript approach is much more sane. Aside from practice, access to art is a big limiting factor.
sketcher

Return to General