So, new here.

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

So, new here.

Postby BunBun299 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm new here. A couple friends recommended I sign up here.

My main interests are sci-fi and fantasy. And video games. I especially like Star Trek and Doctor Who. Skyrim is my favorite video game of all time. I also love the Final Fantasy franchise.
BunBun299

Re: So, new here.

Postby Silverdragon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Lol... Welcome!!! I just hope your interests go beyond the pg rated content of all that stuff.
Silverdragon

Postby TheUnknown » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:00 pm

The morale of the story here is that there is no safe zone and nothing is sacred :)
TheUnknown

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:56 pm

So who from Star Trek would you want to see fucking who from Final Fantasy?
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby Noxifer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:06 pm

The answer had better be Warf and Red XIII.
Noxifer
Newly Registered

Postby Leon Glacia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 am

Hi! Welcome! Or something like that, anyway...
Leon Glacia

Postby BunBun299 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:42 pm

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:So who from Star Trek would you want to see fucking who from Final Fantasy?

I don't have any particular cross over ideas there. Lightning and Tifa if I'm going to pick some crossovering between Final Fantasy titles.
BunBun299

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking about since I asked. Some combos like Tifa and 7/9 could be hot, but there's not a lot of character chemistry there.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby AnnaKimly » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:00 pm

HIIIIII BUNBUN *glomp*
AnnaKimly

Postby musical74 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Way too many Final Fantasy 7 character requests for crossovers - why not Celes or Terra from FF 6 or Rosa from FF 4? Heck, why not the unnamed white mage from the original Final Fantasy (which is often thought of as female)?

Anyway, welcome aboard!

*sees newbie glomping other newbie...are they friends, or is one overly affectionate?*
musical74

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:13 am

this ish friend from other site... and im overly affectionate foxy.
AnnaKimly

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:08 pm

musical74 Wrote:Way too many Final Fantasy 7 character requests for crossovers - why not Celes or Terra from FF 6 or Rosa from FF 4? Heck, why not the unnamed white mage from the original Final Fantasy (which is often thought of as female)?

Yeah, it's definitely overdone, but I think FF7 just has the most attractive Final Fantasy chicks, mentally and physically. I never felt much of a connection with the girls from FF6 or FF4, they seem like they're just cliche tragic heroine doormats. FF8's girls are hot, but also strike me as kinda crazy in some way. Selphie's a spaz, Quistis has a mothering complex, Rinoa is ...a lot of things, let's go with busybody. I always felt like Xu was the most desirable female in that game and she's just an obscure NPC.

By comparison, Tifa and Aerith have personality, but don't hit you over the head with it. Yuffie is crazy, but an adorable sort of crazy.

Outside of FF7, I could see myself crushing on FF5's chicks, or Agrias from Final Fantasy Tactics. I always thought the girls from the Final Fantasy Legend series were pretty hot, as far as 16x16 gameboy sprites go, although I realize that FFL is technically not Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross had great girls too.

And then there's Final Fantasy 9. Oof. Man. What to say? Personality-wise, FF9 characters are absolutely my favorite of all the Final Fantasy games. The art style of that game is fun, but not at all sexy.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby musical74 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 pm

I'd say Celes isn't a tragic heroine (Terra definitely is) but to each their own as far as who likes what characters best!

Anyway, welcome aboard BunBun!
musical74

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 pm

AcetheSuperVillain Wrote:
musical74 Wrote:Way too many Final Fantasy 7 character requests for crossovers - why not Celes or Terra from FF 6 or Rosa from FF 4? Heck, why not the unnamed white mage from the original Final Fantasy (which is often thought of as female)?

Yeah, it's definitely overdone, but I think FF7 just has the most attractive Final Fantasy chicks, mentally and physically. I never felt much of a connection with the girls from FF6 or FF4, they seem like they're just cliche tragic heroine doormats. FF8's girls are hot, but also strike me as kinda crazy in some way. Selphie's a spaz, Quistis has a mothering complex, Rinoa is ...a lot of things, let's go with busybody. I always felt like Xu was the most desirable female in that game and she's just an obscure NPC.

By comparison, Tifa and Aerith have personality, but don't hit you over the head with it. Yuffie is crazy, but an adorable sort of crazy.

Outside of FF7, I could see myself crushing on FF5's chicks, or Agrias from Final Fantasy Tactics. I always thought the girls from the Final Fantasy Legend series were pretty hot, as far as 16x16 gameboy sprites go, although I realize that FFL is technically not Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross had great girls too.

And then there's Final Fantasy 9. Oof. Man. What to say? Personality-wise, FF9 characters are absolutely my favorite of all the Final Fantasy games. The art style of that game is fun, but not at all sexy.

You are crazy. Celes is the best female character in the entire franchise. Her suicide attempt after Kefka destroys and conquers the world is the single final fantasy moment that has always stuck with me. Especially how they parallel it to her Opera scene which in itself is a sarcastic parody of her inability to resolve her feelings for Locke. Crazy, sir.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:13 am

You know, I definitely remember liking Celes while I was playing FF6, but looking back at the game, I don't remember anything specific about her. It may be because I had a different order of video games than most people. My first real console was a PlayStation, and first game was Final Fantasy 8. Much later, I got the FFAnthology remake with FF5 and FF6, and at the time I strongly preferred FF5 for all the freedom it gives you, especially since I had always lamented the lack of freedom in other JRPGs. So FF6 didn't leave a big impact on me, but I do see why so many people liked it.

To me, the memorable Final Fantasy heroine moment is .... FF7 spoilers?
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

When Tifa dives into Link's mind to free him from the Jenova coma, and reveals her side of the story that Link told at the beginning of the game. (Dammit, that's not his name, is it?) Among other things, revealing that Link's recollection of events was wrong, and she knew this the whole time, but didn't say anything because she was afraid of losing Link again. It's also very moving to play the early part of the game again knowing more of the story from her side.

Also, thinking about which FF character is best has me thinking about Legend of Dragoon. Although LoD was derided at the time for having a poor plot compared to Final Fantasy, I felt and still feel much more of a connection with LoD's characters than with any Final Fantasy game. I mean holy shit, Rose, amirite?
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby BunBun299 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:36 am

AnnaKimly Wrote:this ish friend from other site... and im overly affectionate foxy.

Hi, Anna.
BunBun299

Postby Ynsano » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:50 am

Go Link pummel him with a Omnislash!!!!

GOGOGOGOGOGo..... huh what you're waiting for?

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Ynsano

Location: Amidst some code searching the missing fucking semicolon.

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Come on, we all know FF7whatshisname is just a magical-future Link with more swords instead of bombs and arrows. I would also accept "Dart, but with a tiny penis".
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby AnnaKimly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:05 pm

final fantasy... good game, waaaaay too long lived... maybe should have been broken into different series, but a good series of games. Dissidia was a really fun entry that should not have just been a mobile platform game, but some of the games are a bit suck, and I have heard the newest one is good...

*snuggles into bunbun* sucks that NG+ is deads
AnnaKimly

Postby BunBun299 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Cloud would kick Link's ass without even trying.
BunBun299

Next

Return to General