Favorite Music?

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Favorite Music?

Postby Wolfy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:31 am

This topic is mostly a time waster, what is your favorite music?? Hopefully you can be comfortable enough to share your favorite music, no matter how weird.
I'll be the first to go, seeing as I made this post. I am a lover of digital screamo. The digitalized part is merely favorited by opinion, but I won't listen to any music if it doesn't have a good heavy guitar line on it with some screams. For example, my favorite band of all time is a Japanese band by the name of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (FALILV).
I once had a friend that listened to Hentai moans to soothe him during his gaming. I didn't think much of it at the time, but hey whatever floats his boat. I'm sure people think I'm weird for liking the screaming of people lol

But anyway, what's your favorites? I'm eager to get to know the community here. Have a great day!
Wolfy
Newly Registered

Re: Favorite Music?

Postby VintageBass » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 am

Really this seems to be a bit of an easy one, but Queen is definitely one of my favorite bands, partly in just... well, it's Queen. It's hard to talk about how great they are, with their style ranging all over the place. I have to say that one of my favorite songs of their is Don't Stop Me Now, more in how versatile that song is. You have it put to Mario, considered the best driving song, synced to beating down to zombies and helped out a defense attorney... basically saving the same dude he always save... Anyway, for the latter, it's pretty much what I really know to the point where whenever I listen to it, I just had the beats, claps and cheers down... yet me playing it is out of the question.

As for what else I like, well going off of the latter's influence, I really enjoy covers of songs. Sometimes you will find some pretty damn impressive covers that they surpass the original to the point people will mistake it for the original. One that I thought of so was King of the Road by Randy Travis, as for the longest time I thought that was his song before realizing that it was a cover. Oh and cover bands like Hayseed Dixie are certainly an interesting bunch, where they can transform songs to match their genre of music... and for the most part it works! Like they did a cover of Holiday by Green Day and I like it! Although that could be from my upbringing from my father since he listens to a lot of alternative country that is far more country than what is currently considered country...

Also video games covers I do enjoy. Two channels that I follow are 8-Bit Universe where they do a lot of music, especially current music and rap, and turn it into NES chiptunes. There are some really good versions that I enjoy so much, even some Queen songs (they even give Freddy a crown for their sprites). There's also a recent song they did where they took The Wanderer by Dion that was added in Fallout 4 and it's simply a blast listening to (also the little dancing Vault Boy is adorable). The other is Tsuko G, who's mainly known for one thing and that's his instrument of choice... and damn can he make sweet music. Oh he has done some regular old covers, but the Song of Dragonborn, Guren no Yumiya, Megalovania (and other Undertale songs) and Song of Storms all on two kazoos.

Oh I can go on and on about this. I really enjoy music but I feel others should talk about their own likes instead of me filling up the page. That and I'm sure there's a limit to these posts I can do.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:38 am

Music past the 1980s is generally just eh for me.

Practically from 10,000 BC up to then, all the music, I like.
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby Wolfy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 pm

Yeah I'll agree, this is a bit of an easier one, but I thought I'd ease into the posts instead of straight up jumping into the sexual personal questions lol
You both have pretty interesting qualities of music, and thanks Vintage, I'm going to check out that 8bit guy you mentioned. That actually sounds pretty interesting!
Wolfy
Newly Registered

Postby impound258 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:52 am

Everyone is gonna hate me but I actually enjoy a bit of all "genres" of music. In reality, I don't see this or that genre. Either it's good background music, something deep, or no thanks.

A lot of the music I like lately is more inspirational music focused more on motivation.

Those and stuff like Hedley, Simple Plan, Five Finger Death Punch among others. I'm a proud Canadian with that enjoys a lot of our current artists making it big in the world. :)
impound258

Postby maximilianos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:36 pm

I mainly listen to bands like thriosphere, damnation angels, atlas volt, gojira, tool, dream theater and other similar rock/metal/prog bands

Apart from metal I listen to a range of music: normal rock, coldplay (only the older albums) and "softer" groups. (but mainly metal)
I often find myself thinking that most people are utter shite. I try to be positive and prove myself wrong. So far I've yet to succeed in doing so.
On the otherhand: I know a few of the actually great people out there and that makes me happy enough.
maximilianos

Postby starwacher » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:43 am

you know if ask me that ten years ago I would said anything before 1990 and some thing about not liking anything past that but now that I older I really have no clue what I like it kinda mix of things now even thought what do if Brod is I look to see what kinda CD I find that going for under 10$ some thing I strike gold other time well let just say even if don't like the song I end downloading onto my computer just to keep document of it because some need to keep track it all...right

but there still no way in hell I'm gonna buy even pirating any justin bieber CD there not I rather stuck listening to Newfie rock band that druck off there ass than here a single word from that guy...... even thoguht I would going to Newfie rock band concert doesn't sound like a bad idea so if you can maybe guess one of my personal favorite bands is Great Big Sea.
starwacher

Postby Randomizer4 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I'll bite.

Uh I am basically into all sorts of music and my playlist contains reggae, metal, pop, rock, scottish bagpipes, classical music and even more :P
I do love game soundtracks! Paradox Interactive always uses real orchestras for their soundtrack and it is amazing (If you go up to youtube and search for Andreas Waldetoft, you'll find some of their stuff!)

My strangest taste in music is probably national anthems... Yes... I know... but they're so cheery!

(Halfway through being unleashed now, I think :))
Randomizer4

Postby Darkheart85 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:34 pm

I like alot of music, i like some pop (can't stand bieber) really like rock,
R&B is okay, Hiphop is good on occasion, blues, jazz, metal, and punk rock.
but i'd say my favorite would have to be Rock alternative.
Darkheart85

Location: Sitting under the cherry blossum by the lake with my Wolf Compainion

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Honestly my all time favorite band has to be Queen. Growing up in the South I was raised with rock and roll, but as I got older and easily remembered most of the music the band that really stuck out to me was Queen. As a kid I thought that their music was good from what I heard of it on the radio, but when I finally could understand a thing or two I saw the real beauty that was Queen. All the different styles and messages that their songs carry is still just amazing to me. I sometimes joke that I am very zen because a lot of life lessons are right there in the lyrics of Queen's music.

On a side note though I also enjoy the listening of such artist as Johnny Cash, Luciano Pavarotti, and of course Daft Punk 8-)
TheUnknown

Postby Lynxy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:35 pm

I know they're sort of a comedy band, but there are days I can get really REALLY into Dethklok. Other then that I'm a big fan of maynard james keenan (TOOL, A Perfect Circle,Puscifer, etc.) and I would pretty much pay to sign my life away as his blowjob exclusive sex slave (listing least favorable version for emphasis)

That said I listen to a very wide variety of artists and styles.
Lynxy

Postby Blitzkrieg » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:47 pm

I have fairly generic taste in music, normally rock/alternative of some kind with a sprinkling of vidya game music.
Blitzkrieg

Postby That_One_Guy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:08 am

I love classic rock from the 70s and 80s.
That_One_Guy

Postby WingsofChange » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Ok I guess I'm going to have to be the guniea pig to bring this thread back to life. Well I love music from the 60's to the early 90's. I mean my absolute favorite music group has to be The Beatles hands down; I mean without them many famous music groups wouldn't even exist at all. I'm much a fan of Queen as the next guy and my second favorite is Boston since I'm from NE and their style is just amazing. I also like alternative rock and soft metal as well, Breaking Benjamin as another fav of mine, I'm actually listening to their newest album as I'm writing this lol. As of rap, pop , and hip hop it must be really good for me to like it. I really guess its where and the time peroid you grew up that generates music preference to be honest.
Last edited by WingsofChange on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”
-Mae West and Woody Allen
WingsofChange

Postby maximilianos » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 pm

to be honest I don't really mind necro:ing threads, mostly because people find old posts and intresting things that they might've not found otherwise.

actually spent a few hours reading old threads from years back once. oh and I'll add the flower kings album "desolation rose" to my toplist since I've been hooked on it for a few weeks now ;)
I often find myself thinking that most people are utter shite. I try to be positive and prove myself wrong. So far I've yet to succeed in doing so.
On the otherhand: I know a few of the actually great people out there and that makes me happy enough.
maximilianos

Postby Randomizer4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Guys... The new Sabaton album is amazing. AMAZING
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby moistenstein » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Randomizer4 Wrote:Guys... The new Sabaton album is amazing. AMAZING

Nice! I'll have to check them out
I've been playing Avantasia's Ghostlights on repeat for a few months now. Addictive album to sing to. It really is a shame that such wonderfully written masterpieces remain frankly underappreciated. "Let the Storm descend upon you" is just purely fantastic.
moistenstein

Postby WingsofChange » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Randomizer4 Wrote:Guys... The new Sabaton album is amazing. AMAZING

I guess I got some homework to do. And I said this but I have listening to shit out of Dark Before Dawn lately. If you guys like some soft core emo metal check out that album.

“Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”
WingsofChange

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Sabaton is pretty cool because of the stories behind their music! I always learn some obscure historical fact
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby WingsofChange » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Randomizer4 Wrote:Sabaton is pretty cool because of the stories behind their music! I always learn some obscure historical fact

Sounds cool I love that kind of stuff I've been a fact nerd since I was able to read. So I'll tell you what I'll listen to your album if you listen to mine you don't even have to like it deal?

WingsofChange

Next

Return to General